All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What's the difference?

I think it largely depends on where you live in those states and how rural your area is. Usually, the bigger the city, the smaller the accent. I live in TN and I don't really sound like the girl in the video. There were a couple of things she said that sounded like what I hear most days, but I pronounce a lot of the words differently than she did. If you drive an hour from my house though, you will find that the majority of the people sound more like the NC girl does. I also find my accent gets worse if I'm tired or if I'm around someone with a deep southern drawl for a long period of time.

You can't control what alums or ex-members do or say on social media. You should however take the stance that if they chose to continue to use the name "smoed" in their username or bio that they represent the team still. If they want to act that way, they should in no way list that they are part of an organization. If they want to keep listing smoed as a name or description, then they should respect the team/gym/coaches enough to watch what they say. Glad to see Eddie took instant action on this.

All kids should learn this regardless of gym, team or sport affiliation!

My synopsis responses to the last few pages:

1) as an employer who has refused to hire someone, and suspended someone based on their social media...it is a thing.

2) whether the coaches want to take responsibility or even should be responsible is immaterial. They are responsible. Welcome to the suck-side of leadership. They're your monkeys, it's your circus. Whether that's fair or not doesn't matter, that's how it is. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

3) I still contend the leadership of this team subscribes to the "all publicity is good publicity" concept. Because if they truly had an issue with three years of social media drama they'd have stopped it....three years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My synopsis responses to the last few pages:

1) as an employer who has refused to hire someone, and suspended someone based on their social media...it is a thing.

2) whether the coaches want to take responsibility or even should be responsible is immaterial. They are responsible. Welcome to the suck-side of leadership. They're your monkeys, it's your circus. Whether that's fair or not doesn't matter, that's how it is. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

3) I still contend the leadership of this team subscribes to the "all publicity is good publicity" concept. Because if they truly had an issue with three years of social media drama they'd have stopped it....three years ago.

THIS! The athletes are never going to change their ways on social media if they see their coaches/mentors/teachers doing exactly the same thing. Many programs (ours included) have a strict social media policy which is followed up on by the coaches and appropriate measures are taken if this policy is broken.

THIS! The athletes are never going to change their ways on social media if they see their coaches/mentors/teachers doing exactly the same thing. Many programs (ours included) have a strict social media policy which is followed up on by the coaches and appropriate measures are taken if this policy is broken.

edited because I just don't have the energy! LOL

Ok I'm gonna say it.

Though I've contributed to these discussions in the past, I think the constant critical analysis of the happenings of smoed is only adding to the outrage. If we let it go, it won't bother us. And the retaliation tweets from the other party will stop.

It's time to bury the horse. It's dead. Been dead for a while.

Right? time to get over it!!

im confused as to why the one boy didnt think he would have to have strong partner stunting skills to stay on the team to begin with. Considering he said he's never stunted (which i find hard to believe) but is only a tumbler, i feel like his days are numbered. Did he compete at worlds ?

edit: just looked up the worlds photo, and i dont see him in it.

What do those bear crawl things they also do work? They look like they'd just make the blood flow to my head and make my back hurt.

What do those bear crawl things they also do work? They look like they'd just make the blood flow to my head and make my back hurt.

Bear crawls are great for hips, legs, butt, and agility; but they don't actually follow the proper technique of how bear crawls should be done so it likely hurts some more than it helps.

Back