All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bear crawls are great for hips, legs, butt, and agility; but they don't actually follow the proper technique of how bear crawls should be done so it likely hurts some more than it helps.
What is the proper technique for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the proper technique for them?

The hands and feet alternate right and left; so right hand forward, left foot forward...repeating. The hips should be more inline with their overall body (like a push up position) and not booty in the air, bent at hips which strains the back.

Here is a good video that describes it

The hands and feet alternate right and left; so right hand forward, left foot forward...repeating. The hips should be more inline with their overall body (like a push up position) and not booty in the air, bent at hips which strains the back.

Here is a good video that describes it

Interesting, thank you!!

Interesting, thank you!!

No problem :) DH put together a work-out regiment years ago that contained a lot of what the Army taught him to do...Bear Crawls suck, but when done correctly---they don't hurt as much (I have a bad back related to scar tissue from too many bonemarrow aspirations in a short period of time and if I do these wrong, I can barely stand up straight) and they really help tone up your thigh muscles.

No problem :) DH put together a work-out regiment years ago that contained a lot of what the Army taught him to do...Bear Crawls suck, but when done correctly---they don't hurt as much (I have a bad back related to scar tissue from too many bonemarrow aspirations in a short period of time and if I do these wrong, I can barely stand up straight) and they really help tone up your thigh muscles.
I wonder how much people at the gym would judge me if I did these around the track hahaha

I don't know if they've done it in previous episodes but I noticed half way through this one that when they interview someone and show their name / age it also shows their twitter handle.

I don't know if they've done it in previous episodes but I noticed half way through this one that when they interview someone and show their name / age it also shows their twitter handle.
I actually didn't even notice it while watching the episodes but when I went back to check, episode 1 did the same as well. But I don't think they did this in past seasons. Interesting.

theyve always shown their instagram usernames in the video info section, but theyve never shown any social media name in the videos.

also, kind of funny how Sami's mom tried her out for smoed without telling her until she made the team.

theyve always shown their instagram usernames in the video info section, but theyve never shown any social media name in the videos.

also, kind of funny how Sami's mom tried her out for smoed without telling her until she made the team.
I thought that was kind of funny too. I wonder what if her whole family moved (since they were from NE) or if just she did. I think if I was a potential smoed parent I wouldn't move until the summer was over, just in case they got cut.

I'm confused. Are there two girls named Sami? Or is this a case of hair dyeing messing with edits again?

Is the office manager Andrea (?), Eddie's sister? Or nah? At one point they referred to Sierra (?) as being Eddie's niece and then seconds later they said "like his niece".

im confused as to why the one boy didnt think he would have to have strong partner stunting skills to stay on the team to begin with. Considering he said he's never stunted (which i find hard to believe) but is only a tumbler, i feel like his days are numbered. Did he compete at worlds ?

edit: just looked up the worlds photo, and i dont see him in it.

Wouldn't this group of kids they are showing right now be training for the 2016 worlds? The team that just won worlds (Angel Rice, the girl w/ the bright red hair from SSX, etc.) is not what this show is about.

Also, re: this episode, that is one crazy Susie Mom who sent in an audition video to Smoed for her daughter w/o telling her. Wow is that nuts IMO.

My synopsis responses to the last few pages:

1) as an employer who has refused to hire someone, and suspended someone based on their social media...it is a thing.

Yes! I feel like there is a generation of kids who have grown up with social media and yet still aren't fully aware how it can affect their real lives.

When I was looking at interns (college students) for a program I was running through my school district, I had a secretary go through the social media accounts of every applicant. I pulled one from the applicant pile because his profile picture was a WEED/POT LEAF.

For a more cheer/dance related answer, one of my girlfriends is currently auditioning for a semi-pro sports team's dance team. There is an entire section of the app for you to list your FB, instagram, etc. information. I'm sure they're not asking that for no reason!

I'm confused. Are there two girls named Sami? Or is this a case of hair dyeing messing with edits again?

Is the office manager Andrea (?), Eddie's sister? Or nah? At one point they referred to Sierra (?) as being Eddie's niece and then seconds later they said "like his niece".

No. They edited it wrong. The girl who was talking about the boy who was struggling with partner stunts, Her name is Emmi (i feel like we can say their names. But if not someone can let me know and ill edit her name out). I only know her name because its my name (spelled differently though)!

Yes! I feel like there is a generation of kids who have grown up with social media and yet still aren't fully aware how it can affect their real lives.

When I was looking at interns (college students) for a program I was running through my school district, I had a secretary go through the social media accounts of every applicant. I pulled one from the applicant pile because his profile picture was a WEED/POT LEAF.

For a more cheer/dance related answer, one of my girlfriends is currently auditioning for a semi-pro sports team's dance team. There is an entire section of the app for you to list your FB, instagram, etc. information. I'm sure they're not asking that for no reason!

Not saying this is an excuse for bad behavior just offering a different perspective:

Our generation is the first generation to grow up online. Not all parents even know how to use the internet so some kids receive absolutely no guidance from their parents on how to conduct themselves online - their parents can't teach them these things. Parents can teach their kids in how to apply for college, what to wear to job interviews, how to drive their cars because it was something they were taught before. Our generation, for the most part, was not taught how to use (and not use) the Internet because our parents couldn't teach us. Kids are teaching parents, it's the other way around. Kids, who haven't fully matured yet are making the rules. Not adults.

Social media and the Internet are evolving so quickly. Adults AND kids are both finding out how the Internet can be both good and bad. If you went back in time to the very beginnings of social media, I doubt anyone would fully grasp the idea that "what you put online is public and it is forever." But (most) adults already matured enough before entering the social media world and had already established a life (career, family, etc). They went through their "doing stupid things" stage in a world where things weren't broadcasted to the entire world.

I sometimes see the way humans use the Internet as an experiment. We all are the first round of test subjects. Experiments aren't always successful the first time around, they go through lots and lots and lots of tests to get it right. We're still in the middle of testing.

Back