All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

KASSIDY IS A TIME LORD, REMEMBER

(i'm kidding. kassidy if you're somehow reading this i don't mean this to be mean...i'm just thoroughly confused as to how old you are)

She has an account, but if I remember correctly she started school early and graduated HS a 16 (17 technically, but 16 by USASF standard); so when she came back the next season she was actually 17, and then this past season she was 18 by USASF standard (actually 19)so this would be her first year being too old for Senior.

My CP is in the same boat---her birthdate falls a week after the cut off so she could compete in senior at 19 and still be considered 18. The hang up happened because she graduated earlier than you would normally graduate early. Or something along those lines.

She has an account, but if I remember correctly she started school early and graduated HS a 16; so when she came back the next season she was actually 17, and then this past season she was 18 by USASF standard (actually 19)so this would be her first year being too old for Senior.

My CP is in the same boat---her birthdate falls a week after the cut off so she could compete in senior at 19 and still be considered 18. The hang up happened because she graduated earlier than you would normally graduate early. Or something along those lines.

haha my head is spinning trying to figure this out--this is why i like hockey age divisions. Born in January 1994? You're a 94. Born in December 1994? You're still a 94.

haha my head is spinning trying to figure this out--this is why i like hockey age divisions. Born in January 1994? You're a 94. Born in December 1994? You're still a 94.

LMAO! I actually wish they'd use that type of system; it would be simplier. I have a feeling when CP is older, assuming she's still cheering, she'll love being able to do it that one extra year on a senior team.

If you were born in December vs. January and you're playing hockey, you have a huge disadvantage.

I really wish everything didn't have to lead to pettiness. It's unnecessary.

But it's life---everyone wasn't meant to get along with each other, or like the same things, or think the same ways...etc, etc. Human beings are diverse; if we weren't, the world would be so, so very boring.

The best thing you can do is let it roll off your back and shrug it off. When you can't, you remove yourself for the situation.

If you were born in December vs. January and you're playing hockey, you have a huge disadvantage.

Malcolm Gladwell actually wrote about this in Outliers--it's pretty fascinating.

In the US, at least, it tends to balance out. people with Oct/Nov/Dec birthdays generally miss the school cutoff and get to be the older ones on their school teams as opposed to their club teams. Plus each age subdivision (midgets/bantams/peewees/squirts/etc) is for two years--so you'd at least have a year being on the older end of the age group.

Malcolm Gladwell actually wrote about this in Outliers--it's pretty fascinating.

In the US, at least, it tends to balance out. people with Oct/Nov/Dec birthdays generally miss the school cutoff and get to be the older ones on their school teams as opposed to their club teams. Plus each age subdivision (midgets/bantams/peewees/squirts/etc) is for two years--so you'd at least have a year being on the older end of the age group.

Haha that's actually where I got that fact from :p Great book!

Well he did add ing to my name; honestly, I'm more annoyed that I never realized my username spelled out SLAM. It used to be SL&AMsMom, but I dropped the 'sMom' a while ago.

Funny, I never noticed the "&" until the other day when I was making the spreadsheet. You will always be Slam just like it there will always be ms steal ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We haven't even gotten to the show, barely got to page 2 in this thread, and already the subtweets have started. This, this is why we can't have nice things.

Should I be 'thankful' it's an adult on the boards and not a minor child?

If Pride and Prejudice was an Old-English Soap Opera, this is like the Cheer Jersey Shore. (*Seriously- I didn't think I'd like Pride and Prejudice, but suddenly Lydia gets WAY more hilarious and less obnoxious)

Back