All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just don't think the AwesomenessTV channel will drastically change how the show is produced, even if Tannaz and other Cali staff have a more hands-on part with the editing. Doesn't AwesomenessTV have a show on Nickelodeon, a network that is aimed for children/young teens? I don't see their format changing that much, or really maturing at all.

I really want to be optimistic, but with what AwesomenessTV's demographic is, and Smoed's colorful past, it's really hard.

Curious, does anyone know how the number of views from Cheerleaders Smoed to Cheerleaders New Jersey compared?

Curious, does anyone know how the number of views from Cheerleaders Smoed to Cheerleaders New Jersey compared?

I've never sat down to really compare episode to episode, but I can safely say Cali had better numbers. When Cali's Season 3 was cancelled mid-season, their youtube fans erupted into anger. I would say 75% of them didn't have any idea of the real drama happening behind the scenes with Dylan. When NJ popped up, they had a lot and I mean A LOT of hate in the YT comments about not being SMOED and why wasn't SMOED coming back...so honestly, NJ had a touch crowd to break in with. Now clue how a Season 4 will be taken; I have a feeling those in the cheer world who knew the facts during Season 3 are all cringing and questioning, but those who didn't know all of the ins and outs will be excited to hear it's coming back.

If, and I mean a big if, AwesomenessTV could mimic what GymTyme Blink did in their season---I think it would be a good thing for Cali and their reputation. However, after watching the trailer, it seems pretty clear that we won't be seeing any real massive change in the way the comments are edited and the episodes are put together.

Somehow I missed the reason for them cancelling the show... Can someone fill me in on the drama?
essentially when some person left the team last season, just before the season was about to begin, the show showed some teammates and coaches make some benign comments about his leaving. a lot of people on the board became hysterical at those comments (total of 15 seconds of talk time) and got worked up into a neurotic frenzy and stated that they had bashed that person. then, there was a mass crying and the boards were filled with a lake salty tears, so much so that one needed a kayak just to navigate through the board. after the lake dried up, there was a call to end the show. instead of the show ending, the owner of CALI tweeted that the show would not show anything more about that person. the next show did have 2 comments about him. one i dont remember, because of how benign it was, and the other was along the lines of: dylan left us in the dust and probably expects us to fail. then, he and his dad accused one of the coaches of bullying him and of trying to get him deported (lol!). once again, the fierce board hysteria and frenzy commenced. that time, an ocean of fierce boarders salty tears, shed for him, created an ocean of salty tears. the CALI owner chose to end the season of the show and and it was ended..... temporarily. :D

as for the ocean of salty tears, you're still swimming in it, and some fierce boarders still act like piranhas anytime something smoed comes up.

smoed would get 100k viewers after a week and gunz appear to get about 70k after a week.

essentially when some person left the team last season, just before the season was about to begin, the show showed some teammates and coaches make some benign comments about his leaving. a lot of people on the board became hysterical at those comments (total of 15 seconds of talk time) and got worked up into a neurotic frenzy and stated that they had bashed that person. then, there was a mass crying and the boards were filled with a lake salty tears, so much so that one needed a kayak just to navigate through the board. after the lake dried up, there was a call to end the show. instead of the show ending, the owner of CALI tweeted that the show would not show anything more about that person. the next show did have 2 comments about him. one i dont remember, because of how benign it was, and the other was along the lines of: dylan left us in the dust and probably expects us to fail. then, he and his dad accused one of the coaches of bullying him and of trying to get him deported (lol!). once again, the fierce board hysteria and frenzy commenced. that time, an ocean of fierce boarders salty tears, shed for him, created an ocean of salty tears. the CALI owner chose to end the season of the show and and it was ended..... temporarily. :D

as for the ocean of salty tears, you're still swimming in it, and some fierce boarders still act like piranhas anytime something smoed comes up.

smoed would get 100k viewers after a week and gunz appear to get about 70k after a week.
Wow what an unbiased point of view you gave!
tumblr_npfshew3Hr1qk7scno1_540.gif

Sigh.

*takes a really big inhale* All I want is a Debbie Love cooking show called "Just a Touch of Love" where she shares her stories, inspirational insights, and her favorite recipes with the audience and her kids and cheer friends are guests and they help her cook and they discuss important things and then I want them to release all the episodes on DVD so I can buy them and watch them over and over so I can pretend the world is a good place filled with good people.

Exhales.

It'd be like if Mr. Rogers had a cooking show and was involved with cheer. Is that seriously too much to ask for? I don't want this nonsense anymore.

I must say, you have a very odd way of putting things :) The coaches did send a letter to his parents that were rather disturbing I'm pretty sure its in the threads some where about the show maybe you should re-read it. I'm making the assumption that you think everything that was going on was okay and it is not. The situation wasn't getting handled very professionally until it was all over the media and this was when the owner was about to have her baby causing her to be very stressed out. Which in a way could have ended very bad for her. It is not safe for the person carrying the child, or the child to be under that kind of stress so many things could have went wrong. Early Delivery for example if too early the child could have had complications and no one wanted that for her. I'm just confused as to why you think this situation is funny. That's my impression at least. Feel free to correct me.

And he/she has clearly has forgotten some other troubling aspects of that sorry spectacle. Let just say the bias is clear in that post.

Forgotten or willfully ignored; either way, you can dispute the feelings of other's on the basis of those feelings being opinionated and swayed, however, you can't not ignore the black and white words typed up by the head coach on pretty Cali Letterhead. Either way, I wish Cali SMOED a successful season---I may think less of the coaches, but the majority of those kids are new and deserve a solid season. And, at the end of the day, it really is about the kids.

I don't understand what they have to prove since they won? Yes they had a terrible season and not many wanted them to win. But they did. I feel like that showed that "Cali is back" more than a new show..
I'd rather continue to watch Patty Ann it shows something different! It gets tiring watching the same gym all the time, but that could be just me.

I don't understand what they have to prove since they won? Yes they had a terrible season and not many wanted them to win. But they did. I feel like that showed that "Cali is back" more than a new show..

No one ever said Cali was gone to begin with...

(not directed towards you but i can't stand all these Teams that are constantly trying to make themselves look like underestimated underdogs whenever they are really not)

Back