All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aww man, I liked Jade. How is she only out for 3 months with a torn ACL, MCl, and meniscus? My sister torn her ACL and meniscus and she was out for like 9-9.5 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The acuvue lenses have healing powers, obviously ;)

I had the same injury and recovery took around 6 months to be able to run without a brace..I can't imagine being back cheering in 3.

I only tore my mcl in January and I'm still scared to tumble. Granted I'm not cheering right now so it's not a huge matter but there's NO way I could have been tumbling at 3 months post injury. And thats with 2-3 times a week of Physio. I don't see how she's going to return that fast.

I think Jade might be saying three months because she wants to be back in that time... but that'll be up to her body, not her.

Remember people, in cheer you can take the mat in a boot or full leg brace or crutches and just touch stunts and it's totally not dangerous or unsafe or whatever.

(This changes this year, right? At least at Varsity comps I think).
No, there's a new rule that I think if you have any kind of cast or maybe brace you can't compete on the mat. USASF put the rule in place so I think it is required for all competitions, not just Jamfest or Varsity.

I think Jade might be saying three months because she wants to be back in that time... but that'll be up to her body, not her.
That's what I was thinking but usually before you get surgery and stuff they give you a recovery time and no where ever for an ACL (at least not when it happened to me) was anything short of 6 months ever mentioned. I had to have that big brace locked out cause of the meniscus tear that happened with it for 8 weeks alone so that's why I am confused on the timing. But I feel for her and I hope she can get back out on the mat this season!!

That's what I was thinking but usually before you get surgery and stuff they give you a recovery time and no where ever for an ACL (at least not when it happened to me) was anything short of 6 months ever mentioned. I had to have that big brace locked out cause of the meniscus tear that happened with it for 8 weeks alone so that's why I am confused on the timing. But I feel for her and I hope she can get back out on the mat this season!!
Personally after seeing my CP go thru 2 surgeries highly unlikely it will take a few months to return.

Aww man, I liked Jade. How is she only out for 3 months with a torn ACL, MCl, and meniscus? My sister torn her ACL and meniscus and she was out for like 9-9.5 months

Yup that's was the same amount of time that one of family members due to those three being torn. He wasn't able to play his sport and other important stuff he's involved in. It was a tough time for him.

No, there's a new rule that I think if you have any kind of cast or maybe brace you can't compete on the mat. USASF put the rule in place so I think it is required for all competitions, not just Jamfest or Varsity.

I think you can be on the mat. You just can't stunt or tumble.

Depends on what kind of brace it is. The brace for an ACL (usually donjoy) I believe is fine, as well as ankle braces that are soft. If it's hinged, like most knee braces, it just has to have certain aspects like the padding I believe to make it allowable.

Agreed. I tore my ACL in October, had surgery in December, and thought I was going to be able to make it back for Worlds in April but that definitely didn't happen. It is tough because it is one of those injuries that you can't push too hard when rehabbing (at least for the beginning), and you never know how your body will respond to it. Like you said, I completely feel for her. Maybe it wasn't a full tear and she will be back sooner than we expect. Who knows. She seems like such a sweet girl though and such a hard worker. I wish her the best! :)

I think it might just be wishful thinking, and for her sake I hope it does actually heal that quickly, but I cant imagine tumbling any time soon after the injury they described
I feel awful for her, because she likely won't be able to compete at Worlds this season (or at all, if she doesn't let her injury heal).

Back