All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wow that is a whole new level of tacky right there. And no , they are not just ''kids'' anymore. That excuse is long gone.

edited: just saw that eddie already adressed it. still doesn't make it better but at least it's not a current smoed member ,and he has been contacted about it.

wow that is a whole new level of tacky right there. And no , they are not just ''kids'' anymore. That excuse is long gone.

edited: just saw that eddie already adressed it. still doesn't make it better but at least it's not a current smoed member ,and he has been contacted about it.

Cody's comment while deplorable, isn't uncommon from athletes who graduate off SMOED. I personally will be interesting to see if a few of their other retired athletes are held to the same standards when they inevitably do the same thing later on in the season.

*And no, I don't believe the worst in ALL people, but the two specific names I have in my head do it EVERY SINGLE YEAR, so I will be colored shocked if they don't again.*

Now that Eddie seems to be aware of this thread, perhaps I could put a gentle plea out there to him and the other Smoed people:

Dudes, surely there comes a time where you need to put a stop to all of this. It's all well and good to apologize for an athlete's behavior on social media, but would it not be easier to just stop the bad behavior before it happens? Please, please formulate a strong, clear social media policy and enforce it. Make athletes and coaches follow it completely on threat of consequences. Confiscate their phones at competitions, give them classes on professionalism, something.

Social media controversies have damaged your team's reputation. I like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the things I have seen from your athletes and staff on Twitter have made me disappointed. Lead by example and keep it professional.

Sincerely,
A fan of cheerleading who just wants us all to eat rainbows together and be friends.

Ok I'm gonna say it.

Though I've contributed to these discussions in the past, I think the constant critical analysis of the happenings of smoed is only adding to the outrage. If we let it go, it won't bother us. And the retaliation tweets from the other party will stop.

It's time to bury the horse. It's dead. Been dead for a while.

Now that Eddie seems to be aware of this thread, perhaps I could put a gentle plea out there to him and the other Smoed people:

Dudes, surely there comes a time where you need to put a stop to all of this. It's all well and good to apologize for an athlete's behavior on social media, but would it not be easier to just stop the bad behavior before it happens? Please, please formulate a strong, clear social media policy and enforce it. Make athletes and coaches follow it completely on threat of consequences. Confiscate their phones at competitions, give them classes on professionalism, something.

Social media controversies have damaged your team's reputation. I like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the things I have seen from your athletes and staff on Twitter have made me disappointed. Lead by example and keep it professional.

Sincerely,
A fan of cheerleading who just wants us all to eat rainbows together and be friends.
I saw someone tweet "no wonder smoed has bad sportsmanship, they learn it from their coaches" and Eddie tweeted back "no. thats not accurate." so it doesn't seem as if they're going to take responsibility any time soon. I can think of and provide many, MANY instances of where coaches of smoed posted unsportsmanlike tweets. so I don't think it's fair to not take ANY responsibility. I must say Eddie put out a tweet to say something along the lines of for fans to be respectful if they're truly fans, but that's not addressing the athletes or coaches.

I would probably feel differently if the same athlete hadn't made comments like this while he was on smoed and frequently after the season. I know Orby no longer is a main coach of smoed, and I mean this as respectfully as possible, but when athletes that look up to a coach see them acting a certain way on social media, they might think it's okay.

Social media has really hurt the way people view your team and if the social media training is actually happening, I would highly suggest including coaches and inviting some alumni too.

I don't know, when it comes to alumni you can't really control them anymore regardless of what team they come from. Out of everything smoed athletes and coaches have posted, the brandon video thing was by far the lowest of blows I've seen come from them.
I don't expect things to change, but Eddie making the athlete take it down is a start I guess, so good for him. I can't see orby ever changing his behavior on Twitter, so it is what it is.

I don't know, when it comes to alumni you can't really control them anymore regardless of what team they come from. Out of everything smoed athletes and coaches have posted, the brandon video thing was by far the lowest of blows I've seen come from them.
I don't expect things to change, but Eddie making the athlete take it down is a start I guess, so good for him. I can't see orby ever changing his behavior on Twitter, so it is what it is.
yeah but generally/hopefully if you instil good social media etiquette into them while they're ON the team, they continue that when they're off the team. (obviously not always.. but maybe it's a place to start)

I am just going to say it sounds like a lot of people need to read the book called the Oz Principle by Craig Hickman- a book on how to get results and how to practice accountability in your life and organizations. Amazing read

Sincerely,
You think he just stumbled on this thread? That's a funny joke. They are on here more than you'd know. They just don't post which is fine.

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**

Back