All-Star Sneak Peek Senior Elite

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I saw Courtney wearing that Hunger Games t-shirt....

tumblr_m94yddwocX1rstddl.gif

I never really understood why they were invited to this type of thing....
Why they as in 'Why was SE invited to perform?'

Well, it's taking place in NC (which is interesting- because after the 'we no like gays' vote they took, they were considering moving the convention). I'm assuming they wanted to invite students from around the state to perform/take part in some type of celebration of NC. That would involve musical numbers (like the band you see performing), and people who could dance to them. I suppose they see that a 'World Championship' team is from that state. And they're cheerleaders. Who can perform. Why not ask them to do a routine? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Why they as in 'Why was SE invited to perform?'

Well, it's taking place in NC (which is interesting- because after the 'we no like gays' vote they took, they were considering moving the convention).

I'm sorry but that phrase actually made me laugh out loud, probably because that's what happened over here. :confused:

I'm sorry but that phrase actually made me laugh out loud, probably because that's what happened over here. :confused:
I wept for you.

It was just so...ugh. It's my one criticism- issues like that don't bring out the number of people who NEED to vote, because they foolishly believe it won't ever pass. And then the super-religious come out full-force and it all goes downhill.

I wept for you.

It was just so...ugh. It's my one criticism- issues like that don't bring out the number of people who NEED to vote, because they foolishly believe it won't ever pass. And then the super-religious come out full-force and it all goes downhill.
Well, in the bigger cities - I live in the capital area, in a smaller town 5 minutes from the city limit adjacent to it and go to school in the capital - especially with a lot of college students we were fully against it, but it was the super religious smaller towns all across NC like the one I live in that won over.

I never really understood why they were invited to this type of thing....

As a showcase of NC talent. There was a clogging team there, who SE asked them to dance for them and they wouldn't. Also a marching band from Charlotte who she said was very fun to hang out with. My little bit said it was fun but it was a long day and a lot of downtime. Their "performances" were 30 seconds long they went 6 times.

As a showcase of NC talent. There was a clogging team there, who SE asked them to dance for them and they wouldn't. Also a marching band from Charlotte who she said was very fun to hang out with. My little bit said it was fun but it was a long day and a lot of downtime. Their "performances" were 30 seconds long they went 6 times.
Do you know if anyone recorded these "performances"? And may I ask why they did it 6 times?

Do you know if anyone recorded these "performances"? And may I ask why they did it 6 times?

The Band, Dancers and Cheerleaders were the entertainment. So, they performed periodically through the day. The cloggers danced alone. The last performance of the day the Band played while SE performed.

The video posted above was filmed by a publicist from the event. She doesn't know if the performances were taped or not. She said she was busy. (And I want to add she's rolling her eyes at me at all my questions. LMAO It's always a win when I can aggravate my kids for a while)

The Band, Dancers and Cheerleaders were the entertainment. So, they performed periodically through the day. The cloggers danced alone. The last performance of the day the Band played while SE performed.

The video posted above was filmed by a publicist from the event. She doesn't know if the performances were taped or not. She said she was busy. (And I want to add she's rolling her eyes at me at all my questions. LMAO It's always a win when I can aggravate my kids for a while)
Oh I thought that they performed once and were done! But thank you (and your daughter) for the information! :)

Back