Members see FEWER ads... join today!

has your team competed?

• yea

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • no

Votes: 250 87.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoa. I assume Michelle Barlas (Jump and Jam) choreographed. OMG. Crazy Iowa Cheer State...

OMG! Michelle. Yes. We used Jump and Jam! Crazy, huh? She pretty much ran that entire state. Is she still around?

I think someone competed that back in the day

yeah i remember a team got interviewed at NCA dallas and they asked the girl what was the best part of their routine and the girl said their stunts because it was innovative and they showed them doing that transition/tic toc! i cant remember who it was it was a maroon colored team (i want to say brandon but i dont think it was them)

OMG! Michelle. Yes. We used Jump and Jam! Crazy, huh? She pretty much ran that entire state. Is she still around?

I think so. One of my friends coaches there and we can't believe she's still around, but she is. If anyone is an aspiring choreographer in the midwest, and if you're willing to work with teams with lower level tumbling for a decent rate then Iowa high school cheer would be a good place to start. There are soooo many teams with bad, outdated choreography... :(

I think that's a similar stunt, but the team I remember performing it was a coed squad prior to CNY!! For some reason I want to say Outlaws or something. Anyway, I can't wait to see how Famous incorporates this into their sequence!!!
It was Miami Elite in like 2005! They were the first to do that stunt - and it was a partner stunt...not a group stunt!

I typically don't respond on any threads related to CEA because we end up beating a dead horse every single time, but I do want to say one thing on this one:

People will "obsess" over whomever they feel is someone they dream to be like. You might obsess over Lady Gaga whereas I think she's a freak. I might obsess over Carrie Underwood whereas you might think she's boring. Obviously many many many people think Maddie is amazing (including my own 13 year old who has started to pay attention to the cheer industry). Why do so many people obsess with her? Well just watch her. She just makes stunting look so fun and easy. She makes it look elegant. She's beautiful. She's got near perfect body positions. There's not a hint of fear or doubt in her eyes. It doesn't matter if she isn't an amazing tumbler or jumper or dancer or anything else. People love her for her stunting and there's nothing wrong with that. I think Kelsey and Brittni and those other girls have many many fans, too. My 13 year old gets the amazing opportunity to cheer with Brittni and Whittney Love this year and she obsesses with them, too. You don't have to be great at all aspects of cheer to be admired by others. All I know is, I am not a "CEA fan" so to speak but I could watch Maddie stunt all day and never get bored. I could watch Kelsey or Whittney or Kiara, etc. etc. tumble all day and never get bored. That's what makes our sport great. :)
i wish i could shimmy this 100000 times! this is sooo true! this iws what makes allstar cheerleading, & what makes up a world champion team.. girls that have different strengths that are brought together to make one amazing team!

Charlotte Allstars Teal

did anyone else find themselves cringing after everything?

the routine has A LOT of potential, but needs to be cleaned up. especially the standing tumbling where the two guys do full punch doubles over the middle girl and off the mat. I feel like there are too many recipes for disaster in this routine. however, the difficulty that was put out there was amazing.

Back