All-Star Snow...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm just thankful that for once the snow storm MISSED Minnesota. :) Well.. for the most part, we only got a few inches.

UCA HS Nationals are next weekend. If there's no school, no sports teams can practice. Last week we missed Weds-Fri of school, so no practice. This week they cancelled all afterschool activities Tues night, and school was closed Weds. We're also supposed to have a Nor'Easter hit Thurs into Fri (just when we're supposed to fly down to Fla). This happened last year too. Many area teams chartered busses to leave Weds night and drive the teams down.

Well here in Orlando Florida we actually have mandatory tanning days...everyone lays out in the parking lot and works on their tans...we will have the tannest teams at Cheersport (except for the kids from Jersey)
wink.png
jk ya'll

I think that areas that are used to having snow are kind of accustomed to dealing with canceled practices so it's not a huge deal for us. We tend to plan for if a storm is coming, sometimes extending practices before it actually does arrive. You never know if a storm can leave the gym without power, making it impossible to practice.

if there's one thing minnesotans are good at, its getting to cheer practice in unbelievable amounts of snow. we got like 12 inches at some point this winter and nobody even flinched.

We have cancelled practice once because we have girls drive like three hours to come to practice. but once we all halled up to oklahoma city for ASC, last year, and we are from arkansas all the roads were completely iced over it was crazy it took twelve hours where it should have only taken six hahaha it was insane

hehe this is funny to me too... its been like 75 in Daytona all week. One of our practices did get canceled last week though, because of tornadoes, rain and wind, you would think it was summer here. But people around here pull out the giant coats, snow boots and ugly sweaters when it hits 60 degrees. -_-

well, if there is even a BIT of ice in texas everyone freaks! :p hah we dont know how to drive in it.... lol

well, if there is even a BIT of ice in texas everyone freaks! :p hah we dont know how to drive in it.... lol
People in Florida....I like to call them Floridiots cant drive when it rains.. Rain+Floridiots=fail
So Epic Cheer might not make it to Cheersport if its gonna be snowy...but however I would love some snow :D

It's funny, because it reminds me of being in Ireland last year. They had the COLDEST winter in ages, and they got snow. Now, I'm from the good ol' Northeast, so I know how to handle some snow. I swear to God, we had two inches of snow there and they had an absolute panic attack. Since they never get snow, they had no clue what to do. UCC (the college I went to) was trying to clean the snow off sidewalks with BROOMS. I saw them try to use TABLE salt on it, and one B&B had thrown down rocks (I don't know what that was supposed to do, make it less slippery?). I just wanted to be all 'Everybody STOP. Back away, trust me, I got this!!'

Got a call at work last night from a screaming 9 year old..."IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" She found out on Facebook that CA was open but not Spirit...she wanted me to drive her the hour to Garland to try to tumble! I'm sure we will be having lots of extra practices in the near future!

Back