All-Star Something Great About Other Gyms/teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of my favorite moments happened 2 or 3 years ago. @coach12 and I are friends off the board. We were both coaching a small sr 2 that competed against each other. Anyway, our teams decided at the last competition of the season they were going to stand in priority for each other. So, Day 1, they stood up in priority for us, and on Day 2 my girls stood in priority for them. I was so proud of my girls and @coach12 's girls. The actual competition results didn't matter at that point.
great weekend that i'll never forget! all our kids were amazing too!

How could I forget Crimson Heat?? Amazing kids and coaches!
Yes!! I can't believe I forgot to add Crimson Heat! I have seen them at competitions throughout my CPs cheer career (going on year 10) and every time we see them - even in the airports, they are friendly and fun. And their band is awesome! I always call the rule NCA has about "no instruments" the Crimson Heat rule lol

I'll play.

The last all levels competition in Atlanta my kids were on a large junior coed 3 and their music died. The whole arena got behind them shouting counts, most especially Florida Top Dog we got to hang with a little. Their parents were awesome!

Last year at our first majors we were sitting behind some Cali coed and LB parents. They were so awesome and encouraging when my cp16 went on and we returned the favor. Awesome parents.

CHEERSPORT 2011 our gym at the time was only taking its two senior teams and our Raleigh rival (elite cheer and dance) was only taking two of theirs. So we coordinated and shared compete times and we went to priority "seating" for them and they came to support our kids. It started a great sportsmanship between us. Sadly, our gym eventually went out of business and I'm under the impression elite is now gone as well.

We did something similar with Rockstar The Beatles. 1 bid available for a coed team, so we were both up for it.
We all sat in priority together, us up front first, then switched for The Beatles. It was awesome! :)
The security people didn't know what to do when we all stormed priority at once.

I'll play.

The last all levels competition in Atlanta my kids were on a large junior coed 3 and their music died. The whole arena got behind them shouting counts, most especially Florida Top Dog we got to hang with a little. Their parents were awesome!

Last year at our first majors we were sitting behind some Cali coed and LB parents. They were so awesome and encouraging when my cp16 went on and we returned the favor. Awesome parents.

CHEERSPORT 2011 our gym at the time was only taking its two senior teams and our Raleigh rival (elite cheer and dance) was only taking two of theirs. So we coordinated and shared compete times and we went to priority "seating" for them and they came to support our kids. It started a great sportsmanship between us. Sadly, our gym eventually went out of business and I'm under the impression elite is now gone as well.
Elite is still in Raleigh, lots of great kids there.

Last year as a first year gym, we had a lot of eyes looking at us. At Cheersport our little J5 team was up against two other NC teams (all close to first) We got both teams together from our gym and Greensboro-and each coached talked to the teams as one before they took the mat. We were all there to support one another. It was not us against them. We each rooted the other on. It was great sportsmanship. Also, TG and WC great classy programs.

Huge fan of @RockstarCheer
Not just because of what they put on the floor but how awesome they are on a personal level. Yes I'm looking at you Scott Foster and @TheDivineCheerYaYaSecret
My CP has attended two clinics there and to say we were welcomed with open arms would be a huge understatement.
When my CP did the Debbie Love clinic all of the home athletes clapped and cheered for my CP when she did a front tuck for the first time and they had never met her before.
I will say I have met some awesome people from a lot of programs over the years and I can't wait to meet more as the years pass.

Huge fan of @RockstarCheer
Not just because of what they put on the floor but how awesome they are on a personal level. Yes I'm looking at you Scott Foster and @TheDivineCheerYaYaSecret
My CP has attended two clinics there and to say we were welcomed with open arms would be a huge understatement.
When my CP did the Debbie Love clinic all of the home athletes clapped and cheered for my CP when she did a front tuck for the first time and they had never met her before.
I will say I have met some awesome people from a lot of programs over the years and I can't wait to meet more as the years pass.

Awwwww, thank you! You are making me blush just a little...:cloud9:

As someone who works these events and sees pretty much every side of coaches and teams (in front of the curtain, behind the curtain, and on the town after the curtain falls), I have a unique perspective on this one. In the theme of "Who you are when no one is looking":

CAO Elite- respectful, disciplined, sweet young ladies. That reflects on coaching.

StingRays- I appreciate any kid who has a healthy "fear" of mom and dad, or in this case, coach. These kids are genuinely concerned with the name across their chest and who they represent. Another thing that has obviously been stressed to them.

Top Gun- I was standing there when they gave up the BUTBT bid last year, and was struck by it. Became a fan immediately. Drew T. And crew were more than happy to take pics and talk with my CP (he picks up all the little ones, which she loved!), which is important when you are more of a public figure in the sport.

Matrix All Stars (OH)- great groups of coaches and kids. Coaches certainly enjoy themselves, and try to get those around them involved.

One from this weekend in Cincinnati- Not sure of this gym, but uniforms said "SAS" on the front of a purple and silver uni... Says "Studio" across the back: these kids are some of the nicest I have seen coming off stage. Really thankful and nice. Even ran back to the exit steps to watch & cheer on an opposing team. Great to see.

World Cup- love this group and the bridges built between our gym and theirs. When the ridiculousness of Lg Sr. 5 is creating so much drama, it is great to see it going in the opposite direction. I also LOVE the fact that my CP is eager to meet and catch up with kids from Twinkles who she considers friends, even though they are competition!

In the UK I have always admired Unity Allstars and a few of their athletes have choreo'd my uni team brilliantly. They are so talented and friendly and a few of them have often come up to us and told us how we improved one season.

Ascension Eagles were super friendly to us my first (and worst) comp, and Patrick who used to be an AE coach but now runs Marshals was very encouraging to us before my last Future Cheer uni comp.

All the Welsh teams like RSD and Central will always get my support because of the help they've given when we needed training space and also cause they are some of the sassiest cheerleaders around.

In the UK I have always admired Unity Allstars and a few of their athletes have choreo'd my uni team brilliantly. They are so talented and friendly and a few of them have often come up to us and told us how we improved one season.

Ascension Eagles were super friendly to us my first (and worst) comp, and Patrick who used to be an AE coach but now runs Marshals was very encouraging to us before my last Future Cheer uni comp.

All the Welsh teams like RSD and Central will always get my support because of the help they've given when we needed training space and also cause they are some of the sassiest cheerleaders around.

A few people from unity black who were also the coached predators came and did a tumble clinic and were great.

I got injured at FC nationals as my team was local a couple predator vipers were staying with a teamate who stayed with me until my mum could take me to A&E they were so nice took my mind of my injury and were just all around nice as is their coach

Vista twisters also a lovely team I was up against them and we spoke in the bathroom we were still to go to warmups and they had competed and I asked how they did and they were honest that they didnt do their best they were generally wishing me and my team luck.

I'll bite.

Thank you, Fierceboard, for being such a lovely distraction from work and for continually inspiring me by showing me the amazing things the human body is capable of. I've "met" some incredibly nice people on here, and as I've previously mentioned, learned quite a bit of geography. ;)

World Cup: When I was a high schooler on a team struggling to learn the nuances of an arched cradle (believe it or not, they were illegal in Maine for an astoundingly long time), my coach stopped practice and told us to "Go watch 'World Cup Shooting Stars' on YouTube." Between having my mind blown at Shooting Stars as a 16-year-old to shedding actual tears at the Twinkles documentary, I have so much respect for your program.

CEA: In college, to inspire my team about tick-tocks, we were sent a video of Senior Elite from CEA's 2009 showcase. Once "My Heart Will Go On" kicked in, I knew I was a fan of this team. I think Courtney's love for her athletes is admirable, and I think their crossover method is an innovative and effective way of churning out well-rounded cheerleaders.

Top Gun: Unlimited Coed's routines back in the day were right up there with WCSS in inspiring me to be a better cheerleader. Their innovation and creativity is just out of this world. I was also so incredibly psyched for Lady Jags when they pulled out a win this year at Worlds.

Maryland Twisters: I admire this gym's commitment to its special needs teams, and ensuring that everyone of all abilities is able to call themselves a cheerleader.

Stingrays: I love how clean they are, from Orange through Grape. Also the "last tuck" tradition for seniors makes me a little bit weepy. They seem like such a great family.

Twist and Shout: I like how dedicated this gym is to its values, and their routines are always incredible.

Cheer Athletics: I think the success Cheer Athletics has had speaks for itself. An incredible program with talented athletes that laid the groundwork for how the industry is today.

I know I didn't cover every gym but this post is becoming kind of a novel... Happy almost Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'll bite.

Thank you, Fierceboard, for being such a lovely distraction from work and for continually inspiring me by showing me the amazing things the human body is capable of. I've "met" some incredibly nice people on here, and as I've previously mentioned, learned quite a bit of geography. ;)

World Cup: When I was a high schooler on a team struggling to learn the nuances of an arched cradle (believe it or not, they were illegal in Maine for an astoundingly long time), my coach stopped practice and told us to "Go watch 'World Cup Shooting Stars' on YouTube." Between having my mind blown at Shooting Stars as a 16-year-old to shedding actual tears at the Twinkles documentary, I have so much respect for your program.

CEA: In college, to inspire my team about tick-tocks, we were sent a video of Senior Elite from CEA's 2009 showcase. Once "My Heart Will Go On" kicked in, I knew I was a fan of this team. I think Courtney's love for her athletes is admirable, and I think their crossover method is an innovative and effective way of churning out well-rounded cheerleaders.

Top Gun: Unlimited Coed's routines back in the day were right up there with WCSS in inspiring me to be a better cheerleader. Their innovation and creativity is just out of this world. I was also so incredibly psyched for Lady Jags when they pulled out a win this year at Worlds.

Maryland Twisters: I admire this gym's commitment to its special needs teams, and ensuring that everyone of all abilities is able to call themselves a cheerleader.

Stingrays: I love how clean they are, from Orange through Grape. Also the "last tuck" tradition for seniors makes me a little bit weepy. They seem like such a great family.

Twist and Shout: I like how dedicated this gym is to its values, and their routines are always incredible.

Cheer Athletics: I think the success Cheer Athletics has had speaks for itself. An incredible program with talented athletes that laid the groundwork for how the industry is today.

I know I didn't cover every gym but this post is becoming kind of a novel... Happy almost Thanksgiving, everyone!
What is the "last tuck" tradition?

Back