All-Star Spandex With Soffes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2012
Do you practice with spandex under your soffes when you practice? Or just the soffes?
Or cheer briefs?
I ask because I completely embarrassed myself one practice last year when I stretched and the world saw a flash of my lady bits.:oops:
Since then I've transitioned to Nike Pros, but I bought some new Soffe shorts, and am wondering if I should wear my Pros under, buy lower cut boyshorts, or just get a pair of cheer briefs haha.

EDIT: It's for college cheer, but I thought the Allstar thread would have more opinions.

My cp doesn't wear Soffes but she wears shorts under all her shorts!

If she isn't wearing spandex to practice by there self then she at least has it under. Even if she wears running shorts with built in underwear she still wears shorts under them. Lol

She usually wears her Nike Pros under her other shorts most of the time. She also has some plain spandex shorts she got from dance stores in a few different colors and if it matches her outfit she will wear the colorful spandex underneath.

She is a flyer and has super long legs so her shorts that fit her waist tend to appear very short on her anyways. She is starting her 3rd season and she is only 7 but always has on shorts underneath.

This is for another topic and I know you are grown so you proabably have one on but she always wears a sports bra underneath her shirt too. At her new gym she can't wear a sports bra only but it kills me for 8yr olds to be tumbling in t shirts and their shirt to keep going around their head. Yes I know we aren't really seeing much of anything but if your shirt or tank isn't form fitting put on a sports bra. Lol the end!

I always wear my spandex under my Soffes. I am also on a college team. On my high school team this past year everyone wore them, it was basically an unspoken rule. But this year on my new team coach says that everyone has to wear them.

My gym requires that you wear spankies or spandex under your shorts no matter if your a top girl or not. Quite frankly I love this rule because it has eliminated a ton of awkward moments like when your stretching and accidentally flash everyone lol. I also agree with Kris10boo about the sports bras because even if they're 7 and you're spotting you shouldn't have to worry about catching their shirts in a weird way and showing "stuff" etc. All in all, I would wear both to be on the safe side ; )

Last year my gym had a rule that you had to. I think you just should to be careful. Now I wear them under almost everything.

I feel like everyone has flashed people on their team once...Im sure I have those practices when I would come straight from work and forget regular shorts and compression shorts (or underwear even...the life and times of a lifeguard) and I would just practice in my work bathing suit...and those bathing suits were like short shorts...It was like a nair for men commercial everyday of my life >.>

I always wear nike pros by themselves or track shorts. If I wore my old soffes, I would definitely wear spandex under them to be safe.

Do you practice with spandex under your soffes when you practice? Or just the soffes?
Or cheer briefs?
I ask because I completely embarrassed myself one practice last year when I stretched and the world saw a flash of my lady bits.:oops:
Since then I've transitioned to Nike Pros, but I bought some new Soffe shorts, and am wondering if I should wear my Pros under, buy lower cut boyshorts, or just get a pair of cheer briefs haha.

EDIT: It's for college cheer, but I thought the Allstar thread would have more opinions.

When I wore soffes I wore some sort of spanks underneath, mostly because I'm a flyer. Now I just wear Nike Pros but I still wear two pairs of spandex. Again though, that's because I'm a coed flyer and my shorts get pulled up when I get caught. The Nike Pros under soffes might be kind of annoying with the fold over waistband, I'm not sure.

If no one on your team wears just spandex, then I wouldn't either, but if there are a lot of people, then just wear those if you're comfortable.

My old gym required flyers to wear spandex under their soffees so my little one got in the habit.

At the new gym she hardly wears soffees, she wears colorful spandex, but she still wears really thin boycut shorts under them.

My CPs gym requires all ages tiny and up to have on a sports bra under their shirt (no wearing only sports bras) and they must wear spandex under their shorts. It helps protect our CPS modesty and our coaches many of which are male. My youngest CP now wears spandex under all her shorts because she is so concerned with someone seeing her underwear at school - it just makes her feel protected - we always had them wear shorts under dresses when they were super little because they were flipping and flopping all the time but I have to say at times the spandex under her regular shorts is even overkill to me (finally got her to not wear them under her shorts under a dress)... but very glad our gym has this rule across the board. We have been buying Rebox ones that are made for hot weather - not sure how they are different than the ones right next to it for cold weather but have never found our gym to be cold even in the winter.

Spandex under soffee's definitely. Sports bra under tshirts and tank tops since she was on mini's. (Not really for modesty purposes just because her older sisters wore them and she wanted to be just like them!)

If you ever see my little in a dress, 99.9 % of the time she has spandex under that too!!! LMAO

We require all our fliers to wear something under their shorts or they can't fly that day. We definitely had to make it mandatory since two of our teams are co-ed. The majority of my kids all wear them anyway.

I've grown up not wearing spandex, just soffees for years. Wearing spandex hasn't even been popular for long, so I have like over 50 pairs of soffees that I've accumulated since I stopped growing. I do like to wear spandex under my soffees, but my gym doesn't allow us to wear spandex by itself. You have to have something over it-and personally, I would feel pretty awkward in just spandex. They also don't like for us to wear sports bras by themselves, but if we get over heated they allow us to be in just that.
On another note, Im 5'8 and I can never find spandex that are long enough. Im a medium in soffees, so I know it's not that they're too small. I've even sized up a few sizes to see if it'd be any longer, and no dice. Anyone else with this problem?

Back