All-Star Spirit Fest Nationals (3/23 - 3/24/13)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just saw Rhode Island Elite pulled out. Wonder if other programs will.
I'm sure we won't, especially considering it's in our back yard.
Someone just told me they cancelled the high school session but not all star. I guess the plans are to start everything later. I don't have this in writing, but that's what a few people told me.

I just saw Rhode Island Elite pulled out. Wonder if other programs will.
I'm sure we won't, especially considering it's in our back yard.
Someone just told me they cancelled the high school session but not all star. I guess the plans are to start everything later. I don't have this in writing, but that's what a few people told me.

I would imagine most of the high schools are just driving, I wonder if most of Rhode Island Elite was planning to do the same. They can't really cancel the all-star session without wasting a bunch of hotel and travel arrangements. And it would be nearly impossible to reschedule. Our gym owner has said we're not pulling out, but she understands if a family decides not to make the trip.

I would imagine most of the high schools are just driving, I wonder if most of Rhode Island Elite was planning to do the same. They can't really cancel the all-star session without wasting a bunch of hotel and travel arrangements. And it would be nearly impossible to reschedule. Our gym owner has said we're not pulling out, but she understands if a family decides not to make the trip.

If the state shuts down I believe they will have to cancel. That means highways will be closed! .. I can't see teams from NJ taking the trip! Apparently Hartford is one of the cities that is going to get hit the worst

schools in Connecticut won't let them go i would imagine. they are pretty strict.
most of the schools travel together as a team on a bus, so no busses will be driving in that weather.

Seriously they should just reschedule from now... Forcast is not changing its getting more exact as each hour passes. I'm sure rescheduling isn't an easy option. Perhaps Wolds teams could compete 2x on Sunday and it would be a 1 day for the rest??

Any word on pushing the competition back to start later?

Girl on my team posted about it and I have yet to read anything official about it...

ETA: she claims there will be a new schedule within the hour?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Seriously they should just reschedule from now... Forcast is not changing its getting more exact as each hour passes. I'm sure rescheduling isn't an easy option. Perhaps Wolds teams could compete 2x on Sunday and it would be a 1 day for the rest??

Not a bad idea at all!! But do you think a lot of these teams (non worlds) would want to take the 3-5 hour drive just for a one day competition?!

Spirit Fest website says comp will go on as planned with the possibility of a delayed start. Any determination will be announce Friday evening.

Any word on pushing the competition back to start later?

Girl on my team posted about it and I have yet to read anything official about it...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I heard that too but even if they push it back will roads really be that drivable anyways?!? Two feet of snow is A LOT conditions still might be dangerous later in the day

thats EXACTLY what i was thinking!! just make it a one day national for the rest of the teams & keep the sunday schedule as it is.

I heard that too but even if they push it back will roads really be that drivable anyways?!? Two feet of snow is A LOT conditions still might be dangerous later in the day
as long as the snow stops they can start clearing the roads. they are expecting this so they are gonna be out cleaning pretty fast.

as long as the snow stops they can start clearing the roads. they are expecting this so they are gonna be out cleaning pretty fast.

True!! I wonder who will even attempt the drive at this point though. It will stink to have less teams to go against! But better safe then sorry

Back