All-Star Spirit Of Hope 1/14 - 1/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I need lodging recommendations for this comp. Is there a hotel adjacent to the Convention Center?
I live in Uptown Charlotte! My closes recommendations would be the Westin (right next door) and the Hilton Charlotte Center City. There's also a Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt House, Sharaton and an Aloft nearby. Almost anything in Uptown will be walkable. PM me if you need further help!

This season, yes. I believe at least one or two comps did it last season though.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it had been done. I get doing this for summit but don't love it for World's bids. And I have to assume it's not going based on highest scores because that wouldn't take a whole day to decide ! Fingers crossed our small senior 5 Bombshells see their name Monday night !

253a4a62646e3908f63d7c88a37a3d0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it had been done. I get doing this for summit but don't love it for World's bids. And I have to assume it's not going based on highest scores because that wouldn't take a whole day to decide ! Fingers crossed our small senior 5 Bombshells see their name Monday night !
We are not going to SOH this year, but went last and I did enjoy the comp. I'm disappointed we aren't going considering there are lots of Worlds bids and not an enormous amount of teams. Good Luck to everyone competing. I absolutely hate these reveals. I hate them for Summit and I'm floored they are doing this for World's bids. These kids deserve to enjoy that moment on the floor with their teams. This is my CP first year on a SS5 and I certainly hope other comps aren't following and doing this same thing...

Has anyone figured out the password yet? My daughter is an alumni cheerleader and we really want to go since we have not been able to go to any competitions in 3 years due to her college schedule. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me the password so we know when her old gym competes. Thanks in advance.

If anyone still wants the password just PM me :), there is a pdf on dropbox a few pages back though!

There's no more Partial Paid Bids in the US, which is why they're full paid now. But it's kind of crazy that they still can give out the same number of Full Paid Bids as they used to give out partial.

Edit: JK, you literally just said that.
This is the part that baffles me... especially for a competition that's for charity. I think the only other partial-paid bid competition I can think of from last season was Showdown in O-Town in Orlando? And they couldn't afford to sponsor bids of any kind anymore.

Anyone come across a bid declaration yet? I swear EPs are releasing less information as time progresses....

I hate that I'm going to miss this again this year, so here's some unsolicited food advice (my fave topic):

The Epicentre has a good amount of options if you don't want Convention Center food. From quick stuff (Moes, Brueggers, Librettos Pizza, Fire Guys, Firehouse, Smoothie King) to sit down (Wild Wing, Tin Roof, Red Eye Diner, Vida Vida, Moritmers)

Something sweet: Head to Amelies! Like two blocks north from the Convention Center on Church. Get the salted caramel brownie, they are a Charlotte staple. Macarons are amazing too, and tons of other pastries. They also have lunch food, beer, wine and coffees.

And if you have some free time walk over to Romare Bearden Park by the Charlotte Knights stadium. Great place to escape from the cheer craziness and relax!

This is the part that baffles me... especially for a competition that's for charity. I think the only other partial-paid bid competition I can think of from last season was Showdown in O-Town in Orlando? And they couldn't afford to sponsor bids of any kind anymore.

Anyone come across a bid declaration yet? I swear EPs are releasing less information as time progresses....
There is no such thing as a partial paid bid to worlds anymore. USASF got rid of it. Any competition that was giving away partials (and there were barely any) now gives away paids. Showdown in OTown doesn't give bids because Beast of the East is Spirit Cheer's World's bid comp for cheer.

Just because the comp is giving to a charity doesn't mean they can't award paid bids.

There is no such thing as a partial paid bid to worlds anymore. USASF got rid of it. Any competition that was giving away partials (and there were barely any) now gives away paids. Showdown in OTown doesn't give bids because Beast of the East is Spirit Cheer's World's bid comp for cheer.

Just because the comp is giving to a charity doesn't mean they can't award paid bids.
I'm aware that partial-paid bids aren't available anymore. My point bringing up Showdown in O-Town was to bring up the fact that a previously partial-paid bid competition is now no longer awarding bids of any kind at all. i.e. It's just really expensive to award a full-paid bid for such a small competition (also, I didn't know about "EPs only selecting one competition to award bids" part, so thank you.)

I'm not trying to put this competition down, I'm just wondering how it's all financially sustainable? 5 full-paid bids is a lot of money (unless I've completely misunderstood how full-paid bids are given)... and it doesn't appear as if the competition has a lot more teams competing as compared to last year?

Back