All-Star Spirit Sports Battle Of The Beach 4/1-4/3 Myrtle Beach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is the first time in 3 years that we won't be attending this event. Finding schedules/info is next to impossible. Ultimate Battle results have ALWAYS made me scratch my head, but the regular event seemed to be on point. Going to miss going to Myrtle Beach this year.

This is the first time in 3 years that we won't be attending this event. Finding schedules/info is next to impossible. Ultimate Battle results have ALWAYS made me scratch my head, but the regular event seemed to be on point. Going to miss going to Myrtle Beach this year.

How does the Ultimate Battle work? Does everyone get money?

How does the Ultimate Battle work? Does everyone get money?
No, it is divided among the highest scoring teams. Not positive, but I am thinking the top 3 scoring teams in the divisions. If I remember correctly, the teams that have not gotten a paid bid are able to win 2 ways whereas the teams already paid can only win in one category. It has never been very clear and hard to find any info on it.

We will be there next weekend and one of the teams we are up against already has a paid bid. They are traveling pretty far for the comp. Just seems unnecessary to me. I'm not sure as a parent I would want to pay to travel to a comp when we already had a paid bid and know we have to travel to Summit in four weeks. What is everyone's thoughts. I'm not being negative towards this team just curious.

We will be there next weekend and one of the teams we are up against already has a paid bid. They are traveling pretty far for the comp. Just seems unnecessary to me. I'm not sure as a parent I would want to pay to travel to a comp when we already had a paid bid and know we have to travel to Summit in four weeks. What is everyone's thoughts. I'm not being negative towards this team just curious.
Which division are you referring to?

Maybe it's their last comp before Summit. Maybe their comp fees are incorporated into monthly payments or lump payments and it's been paid up for a while. Maybe the hotel is not refundable for the first night at this point. Maybe they have new team members they want to see on the mat. I could keep going....

Maybe other teams from that gym are trying for a summit bid and maybe the comp requires two teams from a gym to attend or a certain percentage of athletes from a gym to attend so they are locked in in order for the other team to be able to compete. EPs sometimes set these requirements so teams won't pull out when they already got what they needed elsewhere and so the EP won't lose money.

Many gyms plan their travel schedule well in advance. Just because a team may win a Summit bid it doesn't mean that they stop competing or traveling for the rest of the season. One of my CP's team won a paid Summit bid in January. We still traveled to Cheersport (and the rest of the competitions already on our schedule). Sometimes it's about more than the Summit and Summit bids.

Back