All-Star Spirit Sports- Duel In The Desert /palm Springs 1/31/15 - 2/1/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cali Coed will get theirs for sure. Not sure about the rest. I think either Nfinity or Bangerz might get one. Oh wait maybe PCM IOC6

There was a really long delay at one point during worlds divisions today. I think it was Tannaz that went on the speaker system telling people waiting to watch smoed to go to the back of the arena until they go. It was crazy crowded.

I really liked PCM Enchanted, I think it was large senior 3. Probably one of the cleanest PCM teams I've seen.

Black Ops are just sooo good this year and I love their whole look. Those orange bows are beautiful and just the right touch.

Praying for the boy from Desert Storm restricted 5 ... not sure exactly what happened but it was a bad tumbling collision and he was carried out on a stretcher.

All the teams usually bring it for day 2 so hopefully we'll see more hit routines

It was a shame that Tanaz had to get on the mic yesterday. I understand tha a lot of people want to see SMOED, but yesterday was a disaster. The EPs did a horrible job at scheduling. PCM's family and spectators for Supernatural, couldn't even get in the viewing area. CA had ACES on before Supernatural and when it was over, they showed the utmost of disrespect by not leaving the viewing area because Black Ops was coming on after PCM.

When PCM's Enchanted was about to come on the had to stop the event for 30 minutes because the entire hall was full. Not only did the announcer's requests to clear the walkways go ignored, but the viewing area filled up again with CA kids again.

Hopefully, CA coaches will have a talk with their kids and ask for the respect level to change today and hopefully the EP will adjust the schedule just a bit.

B8xVZltCYAAfsi1.jpg

It was a shame that Tanaz had to get on the mic yesterday. I understand tha a lot of people want to see SMOED, but yesterday was a disaster. The EPs did a horrible job at scheduling. PCM's family and spectators for Supernatural, couldn't even get in the viewing area. CA had ACES on before Supernatural and when it was over, they showed the utmost of disrespect by not leaving the viewing area because Black Ops was coming on after PCM.

When PCM's Enchanted was about to come on the had to stop the event for 30 minutes because the entire hall was full. Not only did the announcer's requests to clear the walkways go ignored, but the viewing area filled up again with CA kids again.

Hopefully, CA coaches will have a talk with their kids and ask for the respect level to change today and hopefully the EP will adjust the schedule just a bit.

No way can I let this go unresponded to. I was in the viewing area for Aces and stepped to the far left while PCM a went on. The viewing area had plenty of empty space for the spectators to view PCM. I made a point of looking to make sure we weren't in the way. There may have been a few Cali people more in the center but the vast majority was PCM. Then I made sure all of PCM was out of the area before I went back in. I even held kids back and told them to wait and they did.
As for Smoed, we couldn't hear a thing the guy on the mic was saying. We were struggling to move out of the way while being yelled at by the event staff. There was nowhere to go! It wasn't just Cali people over in the right side. Tons and tons of kids from other gyms. It was chaos.
We ended up leaving with our big group and never got to see Smoed.

Im one of the last people to hate on smoed, but that seems like a really high score for them compare to the rest of level 5 who actually hit (or close to hit for that matter).
im guessing... it has to do with difficulty?

Last night was a trip. It was not just Cali people, there were kids from all of the gyms on both sides in the walkways. And to be honest it had been that way all day. Yes leading up to smoed, the crowd got thicker. But it was not until the fire marshal came that the event staff began to say anything. Lesson learned though, I'll be in my seat early this evening.

I left during the over crowding fiasco, but came back to watch the ioc5, 6, and Cali coed. Those level 6 teams are awesome! And Cali coed was just amazing.

I was going to say Five Star looked good in small coed but wow, happy to see them up there. I think this is only like their second year having a worlds team? First year in this division.
If the top 3 stay the same for bids I'd be happy :)

Im one of the last people to hate on smoed, but that seems like a really high score for them compare to the rest of level 5 who actually hit (or close to hit for that matter).

That is where clean is penalized to the difficult---I think SMOED's routine is insanely difficult, but if they can't hit it then they're not really the best. I'd much prefer to see the cleanest team win over the team throwing skills they can't consistently hit. Not saying SMOED can't or won't hit this routine at NCA or World's; but that was the one thing that got me about the Twinkles documentary when I watched it. Their NCA showing was chaotic and they had a lot of errors---yet they won; to me, that goes against what the sport should be about. The score sheets obviously say different, so it's more my opinion, but I agree with their score being on the high side with 2 stunt falls. But, I said the same thing at GSSA.

this is why im always interested in seeing score breakdown sheets, Smoed definitely has the difficulty so they can probably afford to have a stunt fall and still come out on top. just like Orange who has great execution, and can tend to afford to have a mishap and still be at the top score wise, regardless if other teams hit perfect.
i dont always agree with it, cause in my mind i think the team who hits should have the greater score over a team who had falls, but eh... what can you do....

Tbh, I will rather watch a team who goes for creativity and the routine does not look like anybody and everybody's else. The problem is going for that Wow factor and make it work, everybody will be talking about that routine the next day around the water cooler, but if the team miss, this should not tank a team' score and maybe, the judges want to see a team taking a risk, just saying!

This is my second year as a coach but even when your difficulty is that high as you have as many mishaps as they had, it hits multiple areas of the scoresheet and significantly lowers your score.

This is my second year as a coach but even when your difficulty is that high as you have as many mishaps as they had, it hits multiple areas of the scoresheet and significantly lowers your score.

Agreed. I am legitimately confused by that score

Tbh, I will rather watch a team who goes for creativity and the routine does not look like anybody and everybody's else. The problem is going for that Wow factor and make it work, everybody will be talking about that routine the next day around the water cooler, but if the team miss, this should not tank a team' score and maybe, the judges want to see a team taking a risk, just saying!
Taking risks with bad execution can lead to injuries, just saying!

I'm all for creativity, but there needs to be a point in the season when coaches take a step back and reevaluate a routine, that point is now. Only being able to hit a stunt 5 out of 10 times and putting it on the mat benefits no one.

this is why im always interested in seeing score breakdown sheets, Smoed definitely has the difficulty so they can probably afford to have a stunt fall and still come out on top. just like Orange who has great execution, and can tend to afford to have a mishap and still be at the top score wise, regardless if other teams hit perfect.
i dont always agree with it, cause in my mind i think the team who hits should have the greater score over a team who had falls, but eh... what can you do....

This is the problem I have with the scoresheet. I'd rather see a team a with solid 1.5 ups to platform then immediately hit stretch, than teams whos do "double ups" that are usually 1.5/1.75 ups with a janky kick up the stretch that barely makes it to the front with one fall.

I NO way am I shading any team, it's almost getting to the point where it's like "we threw 5 double ups and they threw 5 1.5 ups immediate stretch. Even though we dropped one and bobbled one, we still win."

Being a cheerleading coach is going to make me bald. or at least jack frost gray.

Back