All-Star Spirit Spotlight-wildwood 12/3-12/4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Close but no cigar. [emoji23]

** ^^^ that's my sarcasm font**
I know, I am a little disappointed in the outcome in that my predictions didn't come true (but happy for PAC as they have been the perennial bridesmaid at this comp the past few years). Curious to know though how a gym that received AL bids for two teams with essentially almost all of the same kids on both teams plans to handle that situation, and why that is acceptable (since both cannot be used in the long run) as it basically took an AL bid away from another gym

I know, I am a little disappointed in the outcome in that my predictions didn't come true (but happy for PAC as they have been the perennial bridesmaid at this comp the past few years). Curious to know though how a gym that received AL bids for two teams with essentially almost all of the same kids on both teams plans to handle that situation, and why that is acceptable (since both cannot be used in the long run) as it basically took an AL bid away from another gym

What's the number of athletes that can be replaced within a gym?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So basically they needed two AL bids, because if either of those teams got paid then the new rule from last season (below) would have locked them into team #2. That's an issue when majority of your two teams are the same kids. LOL jokes on us ;)

"Athletes within the same program are limited to the number of teams on which they are eligible to compete and earn paid or partial-paid bids. Once an athlete has competed for a team and earned a paid or partial-paid bid, the athlete is permitted to move to another team within his or her program. If the athlete's second team earns a paid or partial-paid bid, they are bound to the second team and may only compete with the second team at Worlds. The athlete is no longer eligible to compete with the first team once the second team is awarded a paid or partial-paid bid."

Last edited:
Scoring was out of 105. Not sure why but that's what it was. So scores really weren't that high
amp_11.jpg

So basically they needed two AL bids, because if either of those teams got paid then the new rule from last season (below) would have locked them into team #2. That's an issue when majority of your two teams are the same kids. LOL jokes on us ;)

"Athletes within the same program are limited to the number of teams on which they are eligible to compete and earn paid or partial-paid bids. Once an athlete has competed for a team and earned a paid or partial-paid bid, the athlete is permitted to move to another team within his or her program. If the athlete's second team earns a paid or partial-paid bid, they are bound to the second team and may only compete with the second team at Worlds. The athlete is no longer eligible to compete with the first team once the second team is awarded a paid or partial-paid bid."
Correct me if I am wrong, but there are still substitution limitations for any bid received.
I wasn't there, but from the videos I saw it looked like the teams who got paid were the two best teams, so that is an improvement! Hopefully this competition is going in the right direction.
Congratulations to the bid winners - it must be a huge relief to get that stress off your back in December!!

This Competition is still super shady.
They were supposed to give bids to the new end of season event the Title. I asked in Twitter if they had given them, @cheertech replied no, they hadn't. I then tweeted that it was listed on the website for the comp that they were giving bids, and what happened? And then @cheertech blocked me. Lol

Personally that's a pretty high score for the pretty basic stunts they did and some, didn't do.

Scores were out of 105 not 100. Scoring overall across the board was very high but i thought all the placements were correct.

we did water down alot of our routine for this weekend. things were just not hitting so we wanted to just go in with a clean routine and not put something on the floor that wasnt 100% yet. we knew what we needed to do to get in the ranges we needed to. it worked for us this weekend. that definitely will not be the routine we put on the floor the entire season.

So they will probably not have 2 teams which means the 2nd bid is tossed away instead of given to another team.

So they will probably not have 2 teams which means the 2nd bid is tossed away instead of given to another team.

Or they could take the maximum alternates from other teams in the gym.

Back