All-Star Sprained Knee! =(

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i did the same thing, and i did a ice massage, you freeze water in a syrophome(spelt it wrong...) cup, then rub the ice around your knee where it hurts for 7 minutes 2 times daily. i was back and tumbling in about 2-3 weeks! when you do go back, start with simple tumbling, then go up from there!!:)

Honestly, the best thing you can do is strengthen as much as possibel. If the muscles around your knee are strong than that prevents you from doing anything worse. I sprained my knee and a month later I tore my acl because I went back too fast and now I have torn my acl 3 times and have had 5 knee surgeries so don't rush at all and strengthen, strengthen, strengthen :)

Well, I went to another doctor and I received an MRI and in fact I do have a torn ACL. My meniscus is not teared at all though. Currently Im doing PT 2 times a week and my knee is already stronger. I am able to walk normal and bend it farther. The only thing now that I can't do without pain is getting my leg back to hyper extension! So now I'm wondering when is the best time for me to get surgery and is it really necessary. I have a BREGG brace which prevents my knee from rotating. I want to return to cheering ASAP! I am a sophomore in high school so if I get surgery in march I will be missing CHEERSPORT and BATC plus I will be out until September of this year. Should I continue cheering on a torn ACL and get surgery in 2 years or get in now?

Get the surgery or you risk doing more damage to knee. My daughter was initially upset that she was missing her entire cheer season because of an injury, but she now realizes how important it is to heal properly and to strengthen and condition her body especially the muscles are around her knee. If you wait you run the risk of making the damage much worse, you will need that knee long after you have retired from cheer. :)

Well, I went to another doctor and I received an MRI and in fact I do have a torn ACL. My meniscus is not teared at all though. Currently Im doing PT 2 times a week and my knee is already stronger. I am able to walk normal and bend it farther. The only thing now that I can't do without pain is getting my leg back to hyper extension! So now I'm wondering when is the best time for me to get surgery and is it really necessary. I have a BREGG brace which prevents my knee from rotating. I want to return to cheering ASAP! I am a sophomore in high school so if I get surgery in march I will be missing CHEERSPORT and BATC plus I will be out until September of this year. Should I continue cheering on a torn ACL and get surgery in 2 years or get in now?
I'd get it ASAP, I got a torn ACL right after tryouts working on fulls, I went to RediMed and they told me I 'tweaked' mine too, so i laid off of it for a week and started tumbling again for a month, just in that month I shredded my meniscus and got an impingement, and i'm pretty sure the first time I hurt it is when i tore my ACL but anyways they told me if I waited any longer it'll just get worse and worse I'm a sophomore in high school and I got surgery in the middle of June and got back cheering in November I didn't miss any competitions because my PT allowed me to stunt and jump before I was released. In the long run you'll be a lot better off getting ASAP. Keep me posted on how it goes, &I hope everything goes well.

Back