Standing Pikes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BuegeSmalls

Uni designer and state IDer-Most positive shimmies
May 21, 2011
Not 100% on the name of them but that's what she calls in this video so I'm stickin' with it. Anybody have any advice on how to do these? Whenever I warm up my standing tucks at basketball games my friend always tells me to do one but I have no experience doing them, so I'd like to maybe work on them next time I go to an open gym. I'm assuming it's similar to doing a standing tuck. Any advice?

I was throwing these for a while just for kicks and giggles. I just started straightening my legs out in standing tucks...there's not much more to it. It took a few times to get the feel of it but wasn't too hard to master.

I used to play with them for fun at open gyms too. Drive with your toes, use your lower abs to get your legs up fast, and I grabbed on the back of my lower thighs and pulled hard to make sure I made it around. My layouts were much more of a pike so it came fairly naturally to me

I agree, that's definitely closer to a layout with some flaws in the body position then to a back pike. I don't see an attempt to grab & show the actual pike position so I cant consider that a pike.

Back