Standing Tuck & Layout By May 7?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 23, 2011
I currently have all my level 3 tumbling & I am trying REALLY hard to make a level 4 team for the 2011-2012 season. I have been working on my standing tuck and layout for awhile now & i'm pretty sure i can throw it by myself if I just get over the fear of throwing it without a spot. I think that if I dont throw my standing tuck at tryouts I will be put on a level 3 team & I find that would be pretty boring for me since, i've had all my level 3 tumbling for awhile now.

Do you think it's possible for me to throw my standing tuck & layout by May 7 without a spot so i can make level 4?

i think you could. if your close now try throwing it with the spotter standing there but not touching you, so someones there just incase something does go wrong. just keep building your confidence and im sure youll be able to throw it :)

hmm. well if your coaches can see that youre very very close to those skills, they might consider putting you on a 4 team because youll most likely be competing it.

is your gym the type to move people around in the beginning of the summer training season?

unrelated: may 7th is my birthday :D

hmm. well if your coaches can see that youre very very close to those skills, they might consider putting you on a 4 team because youll most likely be competing it.

is your gym the type to move people around in the beginning of the summer training season?

unrelated: may 7th is my birthday :D

I'm not sure if they move people around during the summer. I'm switching gyms this year & going to Stingray Allstars.

I'm not sure if they move people around during the summer. I'm switching gyms this year & going to Stingray Allstars.
well thats hard.
i would say to try really hard in these next two weeks. just ease off the spot a little bit. DONT try it without a spot on tryout date for the first time.

good luck to you :)

I would say that you should ease off of the spot, and build up your confidence in doing it. If you can land it perfectly with a spot just standing there, then pretend they are standing there while you throw it, and have them count for you.
Best of luck! I hope you make it.

Honestly, nobody on this board knows whether or not you are going to be able to throw it. They only person that does is yourself. You need to feel comfortable with your skills. I don't think the people judging try outs really want to see you bust your standing tuck and get hurt. Keep practicing and see where you are in two weeks. I personally don't know how Stingrays works, but even if you are placed on a level 3 team, lots of gyms re-evaluate the teams towards the end of summer to see how everyone has progressed. Good luck!!

Just don't hurt yourself! Especially right before tryouts. It's not worth it to risk it so only throw it if you're sure you can.

I certainly am not a pro, I can just tell you what my cp has done for the past 4 years. She takes the first couple weeks of the off season and conditions really, really hard. She works out and runs everyday, but no tumbling. When a standing tuck was her goal, she did a lot of core strength conditioning. A week or two before tryouts, she and her coaches would reevaluate her technique. It has worked for her every season so far every season. A stronger body always makes tumbling easier.

Back