Standing Tuck

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm soooo slow at learning it took me like 2 years to learn a back handspring but it was mostly because of an injury. Now Ive working on standing tucks for the past month and I can almost do it on floor:)

You have to want it! I was lucky with my back tuck, it just came along one day. I know how it is with some skills though, they never seem to stick. Believe in yourself, you can do this =)

And last, a classic cheer-saying! Drills build skills! Work it! =D

standing tucks help... I found a really good trick that helps me ( and I just got my tuck in may, lost it over summer and choreography-thus now why im in the back.. but in Oct I got it back and its beautifull! My trick is when I set, i spot somthing higher on the wall, I make sure I set high because my body follows my hands, I pull tight and release, my tucks must be pretty high because I can land nice and straight and my legs are under me to end witha fierce head whip and hands on hips, before my trick i use to undercut and usually fall forward barley saving my tuck. The higher the set the better.. oh and im 5'5 little girls seem to get it faster at least my team mates

I constatnly lose my standing tuck day to day... one day i can do a triple toe back then the next i cant even just do a standing... its so frustrating

it took me about 1 to 2 weeks. always have somebody watching in case. but do it on a tumble track and panel mats first then when your comfortable enough through it on ground. always remember to go up. =)

I have a running double, but still struggle with standing tucks and have been for years. Technically, i can do them, but they are god awful.

I've been working the drills from fortheloveoftumbling.com for a while now and I'm aiming to get someone to spot me this week. Only thing I'm wondering is "am I too old to learn it?" (I'm 28
redface.png
).

So I really hope you get there. Personally I think that if you really, really want something and work for it, you'll get there...

i started working on standing tucks a few months ago and sometimes there good, like my coach says hes not doing anything but other times its really off. i havent started running tucks yet cause i dont have my roundoff mulitples consistent yet. i really hope to get it (both standing and running) by the end of the year!

I'm trying to get my tuck too, I don't practice too often as there isn't much time for me to do it during training. Has anyone got any tips to help me, all i hear is you need to pull up more but it feels like i'm trying this really hard already!

The 'for the love of tumbling' article up top is very useful in my opinion.. but like most people said it really depends on the person. Or should I say, a person's mental blocks. Honestly, if you cleared your mind, I totally believe that anyone (with the physical ability of course) could get a standing tuck in just an hour or two. Just study proper technique, get a proper spot, and let loose. Don't hold back and throw it as hard as you can. Listen to the spotter's comments and make each tuck a little better than the last based on what the spotter says. It really isn't a hard skill, it's just mostly in people's heads. I got mine instantly. I always threw them on tumble tracks but was scared. I threw it on the ground for the first time ever, and landed it. Granted it wasn't perfect in the slightest, it was a tuck and I could do it by myself. Once you have it and know you can do it, it's really easy just to adjust little things every time to make it perfect.

For me, my standing tuck took me the longest to get the hang of, even longer than fulls or anything like that. I think it's something that comes with repetition... and let me just say, my knees were skinned and raw for a while. I'd say it took me about a year and a half to get my tuck to the height and form I wanted it to be, and I still perfect it more and more everyday :)

im trying to get my standing tuck, i dont really have much time at training to practice, are there any drills that can help me get a tuck without actually doing it, if that makes sense?

im trying to get my standing tuck, i dont really have much time at training to practice, are there any drills that can help me get a tuck without actually doing it, if that makes sense?
fortheloveoftumbling.com

im trying to get mine at the moment :) im just trying to remember to spot on the wall so i dont throw my head back.

Back