All-Star Stay And Play - Your Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Good article that explains what a properly executed "Stay to Play" should look like and what the true purpose of it is. From reading this I think I finally understand how it's supposed to work, but I think EP's should probably read this as well, because if they're signing contracts with hotels to charge $50 more than regular price they probably aren't implementing it correctly. I have heard of multiple EP's being kicked out of venues before because of other events the city felt would bring in more revenue. This has been required of other sports for years, it does suck but was probably going to happen eventually in the cheer industry.

Stay to Play | Sports Destination Management

Thanks for posting this article. I don't think it will make anyone love STP, but it explains why it is used and the logic behind it.

I am not a big fan of it, but I understand why it is done. The cheer competitions are trying to make some extra money. The extra fees are higher for everyone involved.

When there are some big events in big cities (i.e. NCA, Cheersport, Cheer Super Nationals, etc.) and all the hotels close are $200+ a night, EP's have to pay these costs as well for their staff. When you think of how much that adds up, that could easily get into the tens of thousands. Not to forget about flights for all staff which cost even more than hotels. If the purpose is for EP's to help prevent from raising registration fees, then I get it.

Back