Straight Leg Scorpion Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 21, 2010
So, I have my straight leg, but I started to notice that when I pull it my chest is really low. With my chest low, my back and leg are are really close together, but when I try to bring my chest up my leg goes back too and then it looks really funny and I'm finding it hard to pull my leg closer to my back. Is there a specific way I should be grabbing my leg/foot? Even right now when I'm grabbing my shin it doesn't look good. Let me know what you guys think!

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about? I might be able to help more if I can see the problem.

atqhs1.jpg

Obviously it isn't 100% straight here and I was having a bit of trouble keeping my hip in.... :$ I basically want it to sort of look like Gabi Butler's where there is very little space between her leg and her back.

Use your arms to pull it more!! You can try and hold on to your ankle a little lower if that helps. Its gonna take arm strength and back flexibility as well!! Goodluck:) mine took soooo long and murders my back

I'm not sure I can be of much help, but I can tell you that Gabi stretches 2 times a day EVERY DAY. No joke, she is really dedicated. And in addition, I know she really pushes herself. Some don't stretch beyond the breaking point. Keep working at it and I believe it will come easier. Most of what you are talking about is back flexibility, so try splits while leaning back. Also, if you have a partner, have them stand directly in front of you and help push your chest up and back while pulling your needle leg towards you. Good luck!

Here's gabi a few days ago stretching while she was watching the TV...
295993_2267668581356_1537820267_2424282_7403111_n.jpg

I'm not sure I can be of much help, but I can tell you that Gabi stretches 2 times a day EVERY DAY. No joke, she is really dedicated. And in addition, I know she really pushes herself. Some don't stretch beyond the breaking point. Keep working at it and I believe it will come easier. Most of what you are talking about is back flexibility, so try splits while leaning back. Also, if you have a partner, have them stand directly in front of you and help push your chest up and back while pulling your needle leg towards you. Good luck!

Here's gabi a few days ago stretching while she was watching the TV...
295993_2267668581356_1537820267_2424282_7403111_n.jpg

Thanks so much! Gabi is amazing!

Back