All-Star Streaming Worlds '14 Online In Uk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 25, 2011
HEY YOU GUUYSSS, so I've used the search bar to try and find the information I need, but still need a few things clarifying. Am hoping that the board gurus can assist. My team mates and I are planning a weekend together to try and watch as much of Worlds as possible from London. There are quite a few UK teams competing IASF, as well as a Team England Coed Elite and SG at ICU.

The plan is to patch any content from the laptop through to a big TV on the day/night. (I have no idea about this, far too techie for me. I have just been informed that this is the plan). BUT, as the only fierce boarder among them I have been tasked with investigating the best way to access content.

My questions are as follows:

1) ICU - helpfully posts free to access videos on their website, but what is the delay? Is it weeks/months? Or is it viewable a few hours after?

2) VOD - Seems like a good option as we can split the subscription fee. How quickly does content become available? The sign up page - Worlds Video on Demand - is still referencing worlds '13, am I looking in the wrong place?

3) ESPN - As far as I'm aware, we can't get the particular ESPN channel required in the UK, so would require streaming online. Is this actually possible? Having read a few peoples feedback, is it even worth it re coverage?

4) LIVE STREAMING - struggling to find any info regarding sign up/costs, and again only a page referencing 2013 - worlds.usasf.net: Home

5) FIERCE BOARD - should we just wait for people to upload to the inevitable Worlds '14 video/results thread?

I am also a little confused about the time difference. Made more complicated because I haven't actually been to worlds (yet!) so don't know how the days run. Am hoping to get eyes on a complete performance running schedule to keep on track, and to aid putting some plans in place before we all bed-in at my friends house. We also haven't worked out which day/night would be best, so any ideas re planning would be unbelievably helpful!

If I have missed a really obvious thread that already has all this discussed, please do link and I will retreat. Thank you in advance xox

PS, Mods if this should be in the international forum, please feel free to move!

HEY YOU GUUYSSS, so I've used the search bar to try and find the information I need, but still need a few things clarifying. Am hoping that the board gurus can assist. My team mates and I are planning a weekend together to try and watch as much of Worlds as possible from London. There are quite a few UK teams competing IASF, as well as a Team England Coed Elite and SG at ICU.

The plan is to patch any content from the laptop through to a big TV on the day/night. (I have no idea about this, far too techie for me. I have just been informed that this is the plan). BUT, as the only fierce boarder among them I have been tasked with investigating the best way to access content.

My questions are as follows:

1) ICU - helpfully posts free to access videos on their website, but what is the delay? Is it weeks/months? Or is it viewable a few hours after?

2) VOD - Seems like a good option as we can split the subscription fee. How quickly does content become available? The sign up page - Worlds Video on Demand - is still referencing worlds '13, am I looking in the wrong place?

3) ESPN - As far as I'm aware, we can't get the particular ESPN channel required in the UK, so would require streaming online. Is this actually possible? Having read a few peoples feedback, is it even worth it re coverage?

4) LIVE STREAMING - struggling to find any info regarding sign up/costs, and again only a page referencing 2013 - worlds.usasf.net: Home

5) FIERCE BOARD - should we just wait for people to upload to the inevitable Worlds '14 video/results thread?

I am also a little confused about the time difference. Made more complicated because I haven't actually been to worlds (yet!) so don't know how the days run. Am hoping to get eyes on a complete performance running schedule to keep on track, and to aid putting some plans in place before we all bed-in at my friends house. We also haven't worked out which day/night would be best, so any ideas re planning would be unbelievably helpful!

If I have missed a really obvious thread that already has all this discussed, please do link and I will retreat. Thank you in advance xox

PS, Mods if this should be in the international forum, please feel free to move!
for the video on demand, do not sign up now. if you sign up now you will only have it until april 14th. wait until after this date, and you will have the subscription for a year. this includes all archived videos from many past years! they have 3 options:
1) live stream- 30$ after 12 am April 27th (save 5$ if its before!)
2) VOD- 45$ after 12 am April 27th (save 10$ if its before)
and 3) live stream and VOD- 60$ (save 10$ if its before)

I am not 100% sure about the delay, I'm fairly sure its a few hours, however if you have both VOD and live stream the delay doesn't matter. splitting up the price seems like a great idea, however be careful since you can only access on one device at a time.

videos are inevitable on fierce board, but sometimes that can take hours/days or can be potato versions which really sucks. Im not of much help on the ICU videos though :( sorry! hope the rest helped!

ETA: about time zones, i believe london is 5 hours ahead of orlando. therefore if large senior division stars here at ~9am, it will be about 2pm your time!

1) I'm not actually sure if they do, I just quickly looked at their website and couldn't see anything.
2) IIRC, there is a couple of hours delay.
3) I don't know if this is possible, but in the past after it is broadcast in the US it has been uploaded onto youtube. This is the first part of last years

4) Remember that we are 5 hours ahead so be prepared to stay up very late if you want to watch teams which perform in the evening.

I think Cheeranswers covered everything else.

since i couldnt go last year, ive been watching online, connected computer to tv, set up a whole media thing, changed clocks to american time,...

there was said last year that icu would be broadcasted by live stream too, wasnt true, it came up a few hours later though.
the usasf i took VOD + livestream, i heard others here on the board complaining that it was slow and breaking down, but mine worked perfect all day and night long:)
it usually comes up about a week before to subscribe, if you subscribe the day itself, its usually more expensive, if you subscribe too early you'll be stuck with 2008-2013 only.
since in europe we dont have espn 2, we cant watch worlds, ive tried online but i couldnt see it since the livestream only seemed available for the us. but there are Always kinds people who'll post it on youtube the day after:)
eurosport 2 has been showing the "other worlds" in fall for the first time, hopefully we're Lucky and they'll show usasf worlds or icu worlds too.:)

As far as I saw on Twitter today, all details regarding this kind of stuff are coming out on April 14th

Thank you for all the responses! This has really cleared things up. Will feed back if any other issues/questions arise!

Thank you for all the responses! This has really cleared things up. Will feed back if any other issues/questions arise!

I think a few of us are going to do the same :)

Last year I had the live feed + VOD, worked great for me almost all the time live with pretty poor internet connection, and the VOD is great and means you can watch all vids back to 2008 all year.

I also hooked it up to the TV and it was fine :)

For the time difference we're 5 hours ahead of Florida so last year I copied the running order spreadsheet onto Excel in my computer, then added an extra column which would add 5 hours on to the times so I could work out when teams were going on.
I think ICU was up maybe 3-4 hours after but I can't really remember, I think I may have watched them the next morning.

Also I had my phone on fierceboard all the time so keep a charger nearby!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Like others have said I believe ICU was pretty quick last year. I remember leaving the competition, having practice for an hour afterwards, and by the time I was back in my hotel my parents had watched Team Canada from back home, so maybe 2-3 hours if you're lucky.

I remember ICU for day 1 (which were groupstunts and partnerstunt) was about 2 - 3 hours after but day 2 (cheer teams) were streamed live because I still remember watching it.

Which pack do you guys think is the best option out of 3 for worlds streaming? Like, is the VOD+ livestream worth the money or not?

Which pack do you guys think is the best option out of 3 for worlds streaming? Like, is the VOD+ livestream worth the money or not?

If you want to watch it live, then yes. If you can't watch it live and still want to see all the routines, then just get the VOD. We have purchased the complete package for the past 3 years and it has always been the best $50 (I know, $55 this year) spent. The nice thing is that once you purchase it, it can be watched live on multiple devices simultaneously so cp and I can both watch it even if we're in different places during certain sessions.

Latest posts

Back