Stretching For New Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 16, 2012
My coach put me in as a flyer last practice cause I'm the 3rd smallest on my team and I haven't been a flyer for 4 years and I lost a lot of my flexibility but my coach said I need to have my heel stretch and scorpion in the next couple weeks but when I stretch my scorpion my lower back hurts. Does anyone have any stretching techniques that I could possibly do to help me with my flexibility. I already do Debbie Love's stretching from her website but if you have any different ones that would be great. Sorry if there's already some threads on this. I only found 3 so that's why I'm asking.

A chick i had the same problem, Ice it and Heat it after you stretch for 20 minutes.
Ice it everyday after practice and then at night heat it,

My coach put me in as a flyer last practice cause I'm the 3rd smallest on my team and I haven't been a flyer for 4 years and I lost a lot of my flexibility but my coach said I need to have my heel stretch and scorpion in the next couple weeks but when I stretch my scorpion my lower back hurts. Does anyone have any stretching techniques that I could possibly do to help me with my flexibility. I already do Debbie Love's stretching from her website but if you have any different ones that would be great. Sorry if there's already some threads on this. I only found 3 so that's why I'm asking.

What team will you be on
Like jr 2/3 or what?
Just curious!!

And good luck you can do it!

Make sure that you stretch both sides equally, no matter which leg you will fly on. This will help prevent injury/issues in the future.

scorp flexibility is only shoulders and hip flexor so make sure you stretch those. always make sure you're warm, and the more you pull it the more you'll have it.

Back