All-Star Stretching :/

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys! I haven't been on this forum for so long omg :(
Recently I've tried to start stretching everyday to get flexible but I hate stretching its so boring lol!
Does anybody have any ideas to spruce up my stretching? I can't stretch and won't TV because i eventually stop stretching! I know I'll be the one gaining from it but it's just hard to stick to my routine. If anyone has any ideas to make stretching fun please let me know!
Bye :)

I don't know about making it fun but for some extra motivation try finding an accountability partner (or two). CP has always struggle with wanting to stretch but this year she and some of her teammates have committed to stretching every day. They post pic collages every few days or so to "prove" they are doing it. ;) Plus it's great way for them to see their progress. :)

Personally I stretch every day because I find it relaxing. ...Although it's really only relaxing because now I'm at a point where my stretches no longer cause blinding pain.

I think you just have to be disciplined with yourself. Just as you sometimes have to force yourself to, say, work out or go for a run, make sure you keep stretching. Doing it in front of the TV, a magazine or even a textbook works for me, as it distracts from any discomfort/boredom. As long as you actually stay in the stretch and don't relax out of it too much.

And stretching with a friend is always good, not just to keep each other accountable, but also because some of the best stretches are done with a partner.

Back