All-Star Strongest Overall Gym For 2010-2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LakerFanatic, I'm so sad I didn't get to meet you at Worlds.

And, we rank everything else in this sport - so I didn't see why this would be any different? We compete against each other and critique every other aspect from Uniforms to F5s unique hair accessory :) geeze guys :)

Not that I don't necessarily agree, just throwing another gym's stats out there, Cheer Athletics won 7 NCA titles & Wildcats were also Grand Champs, all but 1 team placed top 5. And all 4 teams they brought to Worlds medaled (1G, 1S, 2B). So Cali may have won more NCA titles but I don't think you can say it's a unanimous they had the best season. I'm sure Rays NCA stats were pretty good too.

LakerFanatic, I'm so sad I didn't get to meet you at Worlds.

And, we rank everything else in this sport - so I didn't see why this would be any different? We compete against each other and critique every other aspect from Uniforms to F5s unique hair accessory :) geeze guys :)

This is no different and I think its a great thread.

Everyone seems to have misunderstood me. I didn't mean it in a rude way. If it came across that way, i apologize.

The thread was asking for best overall program of 2010-2011. Then it turned into an argument about Rays vs. Cali vs. CA. All amazing programs by the way, no doubt. Honestly, this is how i read it in my head (after reading all of them thoroughly of course)

1. Cali is best
2. No so and so is best
3. no cali is best because...
4. well so and so is better because...

It's just hard to pick the strongest overall gym because there are so many great one and all for their own reasons. This thread has been done to death and every year it turns into an argument. So what i meant was, instead of starting an argument thread (which this one is bound to turn into) why not start a thread for your favorite team of the season? (i.e. meanj starts a thread saying "Share your thoughts on a great year for Cali!" or something along those lines) does this make more sense and less rude? If not I'm still sorry. I tried.

Anyway, sorry i interrupted. It is a forum afterall and you are free to write what you want...forget i said anything. I just like peace and harmony :)

Again, not taking anything away from Cali, I loved all their teams this year & had this been a congrats Cali thread I wouldn't have said anything.

Everyone seems to have misunderstood me. I didn't mean it in a rude way. If it came across that way, i apologize.

The thread was asking for best overall program of 2010-2011. Then it turned into an argument about Rays vs. Cali vs. CA. All amazing programs by the way, no doubt. Honestly, this is how i read it in my head (after reading all of them thoroughly of course)

1. Cali is best
2. No so and so is best
3. no cali is best because...
4. well so and so is better because...

It's just hard to pick the strongest overall gym because there are so many great one and all for their own reasons. This thread has been done to death and every year it turns into an argument. So what i meant was, instead of starting an argument thread (which this one is bound to turn into) why not start a thread for your favorite team of the season? (i.e. meanj starts a thread saying "Share your thoughts on a great year for Cali!" or something along those lines) does this make more sense and less rude? If not I'm still sorry. I tried.

Anyway, sorry i interrupted. It is a forum afterall and you are free to write what you want...forget i said anything. I just like peace and harmony :)

Thank-you for your thoughts.
Furthermore, mentioning Stingrays & Cheer Athletics should be flattering. I only brought them up because they are consistantly thee Top Gyms in the Country & I feel that Cali just outdid them this year. (ONE SEASON, singular) Next year is up for grabs & I'm sure it'll be intense.

This is maybe off subject but... Cali, CA, and Rays are 3 solid programs so I'm interested in how the coaching styles are the same/different the gym size, number of teams /kids etc etc. Maybe this question should be a differnt thread though cause I dont want to taks away Cali's moment on this thread!

This is maybe off subject but... Cali, CA, and Rays are 3 solid programs so I'm interested in how the coaching styles are the same/different the gym size, number of teams /kids etc etc. Maybe this question should be a differnt thread though cause I dont want to taks away Cali's moment on this thread!

I'd love to see how they approach the running / coaching of their gyms. I bet there are many differences and similiarities.

I guess another thing to factor in would be turnovers. How many people have they acquired from beginning of season to end and how many they've lost (to/from other local gyms, not including moving out of state because sometimes that can't be helped) a great overall program will have less turnovers. I don't know if this is truly relevent but if a gym is looking to up their numbers for the following season, this could be a deciding factor for new people looking for a new gym. (i know i would like to know)

I guess another thing to factor in would be turnovers. How many people have they acquired from beginning of season to end and how many they've lost (to/from other local gyms, not including moving out of state because sometimes that can't be helped) a great overall program will have less turnovers. I don't know if this is truly relevent but if a gym is looking to up their numbers for the following season, this could be a deciding factor for new people looking for a new gym. (i know i would like to know)

I have no specific #s but, Cali acquires new athletes & prospective athletes for the next season easily. When you put a high-quality product on the floor, it's just a given that you will attract from other gyms around you that are putting a less shiney and successful program out.

Back