High School Summer Camps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I emailed my varsity rep... I explained how Legitmix works in hopes that I might get away with using it instead of the watery cover versions on the UCA recommended website. I asked if this was allowable and if I can use it. Her response... "I would think so." My issue isn't with my rep. It's that Varsity/UCA clearly hasn't communicated fully on such a big issue. I can't get ahold of my state rep. 2 voicemails and emails and I haven't heard a word. Anyone else have new news/clarifications?
Legit mix will not work... :/ because the original (regardless of being purchased "legit" is altered) it can not be altered if it is the original artist. If it is a cover... It can be altered all to heck.

Cover music is why I find dance competitions to be snooze fests---if they do this to cheer, I think it'll hurt the industry WAY more than coughing up the money for royalties!
I have COMPLETE faith in our ability to innovate and adapt to this new change. Besides, if everyone sounds corny, then the first person who doesn't will stand out and get a crap ton of business.

That's awesome! I wonder who his artists are? Do you know?

I have no idea...well, that's not true, they're listed on his site; but they're not famous folks. I've not had any complaints with the things they've done in my music before, though, so I'll give it a shot. I'm of the mindset, that if the music has counts...and my kids can follow them...it's not going to impact my score THAT much if it's not phenomenal one year.

So I emailed my varsity rep... I explained how Legitmix works in hopes that I might get away with using it instead of the watery cover versions on the UCA recommended website. I asked if this was allowable and if I can use it. Her response... "I would think so." My issue isn't with my rep. It's that Varsity/UCA clearly hasn't communicated fully on such a big issue. I can't get ahold of my state rep. 2 voicemails and emails and I haven't heard a word. Anyone else have new news/clarifications?

I'm surprised that your state rep isn't more helpful. I sent an email to ours last week and got a response within 30 minutes...AFTER HOURS.

I'm surprised that your state rep isn't more helpful. I sent an email to ours last week and got a response within 30 minutes...AFTER HOURS.
I just got an automated response email. The exact verbage from the original email -__-. I guess we will get creative using one of the watered down covers. I'm going to be beyond upset if we get to camp and other teams are allowed to use mixed originals. Especially after not getting a direct response.

Legit mix will not work... :/ because the original (regardless of being purchased "legit" is altered) it can not be altered if it is the original artist. If it is a cover... It can be altered all to heck.
You're right about Legitmix. I should've been more clear. What I really wanted from Varsity was another source/site for covers (maybe some that are already mixed). I just feel like there should be a list of approved providers if their real motive is to keep us safe legally.

I have no idea...well, that's not true, they're listed on his site; but they're not famous folks. I've not had any complaints with the things they've done in my music before, though, so I'll give it a shot. I'm of the mindset, that if the music has counts...and my kids can follow them...it's not going to impact my score THAT much if it's not phenomenal one year.

Its tough to find artists to cover music. I've been recording music for awhile... I could probably use some of our original work (not corny more on the lines of Flo Rida). Who knows!? If a mix of originals is needed I can definitely help!!!

You're right about Legitmix. I should've been more clear. What I really wanted from Varsity was another source/site for covers (maybe some that are already mixed). I just feel like there should be a list of approved providers if their real motive is to keep us safe legally.
Soundslikethat
Cheersounds
Unleashthebeats

Back