All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't blame someone for moving from Michigan to Cali [emoji23][emoji28] our winter is no joke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are not kidding on that.

**If you must negative rate me please tag me in a post and let me know so I can celebrate**

I think you may be reading into it a bit much with the "not good enough" part?

It could be that these are kids who never thought they'd get the opportunity to be noticed by their dream teams.

Worlds may have given them the confidence to finally send a video or tryout.

They also could think the world of the program that they're leaving. You do not necessarily dislike a company or organization or think it is "not good enough" because you went on to an opportunity elsewhere.
Yeah, I guess I didn't think of it that way, but it totally makes sense. Silver at Worlds was a dream come true for those Vizion kids (as it should be for everyone) and I hope they all get to go on to achieve more dreams. Sometimes I forget that most of the time people don't switch gyms just because they're chasing a title or a ring.

Yeah, I guess I didn't think of it that way, but it totally makes sense. Silver at Worlds was a dream come true for those Vizion kids (as it should be for everyone) and I hope they all get to go on to achieve more dreams. Sometimes I forget that most of the time people don't switch gyms just because they're chasing a title or a ring.

And I promise we will make sure she wears sunscreen so she doesn't get burned in the California sunshine. :)

^^^^^As much as it seems like EVERYONE moves to be on XYZ Team, I think a REALLY small percentage of the kids who send in videos actually DO IT.

A great deal of kids probably make it, then don't actually follow through and end up moving.

Ex: You made TGLC via video, but come July, you can't get a visa, your parents decide they don't want you to move, someone loses their job, etc.

^^^^^As much as it seems like EVERYONE moves to be on XYZ Team, I think a REALLY small percentage of the kids who send in videos actually DO IT.

A great deal of kids probably make it, then don't actually follow through and end up moving.

Ex: You made TGLC via video, but come July, you can't get a visa, your parents decide they don't want you to move, someone loses their job, etc.
I just don't get why they never pull from their own teams anymore. I mean all those level 4 athletes that come out of the smoed gym I feel like maybe are looked over more, cause getting someone from somewhere else with more talent is more desirable to them. I don't know.

You are very correct on this and not video submissions are accurate either. Through the world of editing you can make yourself look great on video but. may not live up to that in person.

I just don't get why they never pull from their own teams anymore. I mean all those level 4 athletes that come out of the smoed gym I feel like maybe are looked over more, cause getting someone from somewhere else with more talent is more desirable to them. I don't know.
If they are good enough they will. Kids don't automatically get on a team because they submit a video.

**And we thought Fierce Board brought out the crazies**

No, they're not. In fact, without even knowing who is on the team really, I know that one of our "home grown" girls that was on level 4 last year is on Smoed.

You are very correct on this and not video submissions are accurate either. Through the world of editing you can make yourself look great on video but. may not live up to that in person.

Yes!

We have all seen those cheer highlight videos that are (for example) -

* all tumbling but no footage of this person stunting or doing jumps.
*all flying skills and like two tumbling passes.
*all flyer footage from privates where you're stunting with experienced adult males, but no kids your own age (ex: you're a junior 3 flyer but all your footage is coed flying with grown males.)
*mostly standing tumbling and like two running passes.

Of course you look amazing! You have planned and edited every aspect of what you're putting out there and you've selected what makes you look good!

Yes!

We have all seen those cheer highlight videos that are (for example) -

* all tumbling but no footage of this person stunting or doing jumps.
*all flying skills and like two tumbling passes.
*all flyer footage from privates where you're stunting with experienced adult males, but no kids your own age (ex: you're a junior 3 flyer but all your footage is coed flying with grown males.)
*mostly standing tumbling and like two running passes.

Of course you look amazing! You have planned and edited every aspect of what you're putting out there and you've selected what makes you look good!
LOL this KILLS me. Just because a 200 lb man can lift your 9-year-old 60 lb self and throw/twist/flip you around like a rag doll does not make you an outstanding flyer. And let's not mention the moms who videotape these hundreds of stunt sequences and run their child's instagram.
tumblr_njhm9zfh631qf3jcqo2_500.gif

LOL this KILLS me. Just because a 200 lb man can lift your 9-year-old 60 lb self and throw/twist/flip you around like a rag doll does not make you an outstanding flyer. And let's not mention the moms who videotape these hundreds of stunt sequences and run their child's instagram.
tumblr_njhm9zfh631qf3jcqo2_500.gif
A few years ago there was a gym posting videos of their awesome double ups and advanced tumbling all while bragging about how much skill they had and why you should join their gym. I knew a kid on the team and he said they never hit those stunts like posted. Every single one fell. the tumbling was at least closer to an actual representation.

YES! WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ATTEND, OBSERVE, AND RECORD ALL OF YOUR CHILD'S PRIVATES/PRACTICES?

I also find it hilarious that people correlate this sort of flying at an early age with future success as a flyer. Your first grader can coed stunt with a grown man. Cool. That doesn't mean she's a future Worlds medalist in large coed.

A few years ago there was a gym posting videos of their awesome double ups and advanced tumbling all while bragging about how much skill they had and why you should join their gym. I knew a kid on the team and he said they never hit those stunts like posted. Every single one fell. the tumbling was at least closer to an actual representation.

Exactly. See also: The stunt you filmed for your video fell 50 times and you used the footage from the one time it hit on a fluke. You can't really throw it consistently but you have now used it to represent your skills in a tryout video.

YES! WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ATTEND, OBSERVE, AND RECORD ALL OF YOUR CHILD'S PRIVATES/PRACTICES?

I also find it hilarious that people correlate this sort of flying at an early age with future success as a flyer. Your first grader can coed stunt with a grown man. Cool. That doesn't mean she's a future Worlds medalist in large coed.
Instagram bio:
Suzie~the~Flyer and Mom
5 years old
Goal is 500k (followers)
Account run by mom
Future Wildcat
Future Smoed
Fierce. Werk. Yass.

I can't understand parents being proud enough of exploiting their kids on social media that they would put it in the bio... *insert laughing crying face here*

Latest posts

Back