All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm sure she has some sort of Visa set up or I doubt she would be there. I can't imagine her having made the decision to go to the US for an extended period of time and not have something arranged. That would be poor planning. Not that I know her personally but anyone who has a serious dream like this would think of all the specifics far in advance if there were any possibility of it coming true.
Mm I don't think it was planned ahead of time or why would she not come home not even for Christmas?...also she didn't end up making GW's not that it matters much since the team she was put on was converted a few weeks later to a senior 5 worlds team and then a few weeks after team placements came out she said she was going to Cali.

Also Ifs very hard to get a visa as a high school student. When Xavier went to Cali he came home within the 6 months and went back and had trouble because he had no visa because I'm pretty sure other than being a student there's no visa to specifically go to the U.S. for a sport like cheerleading since it's not an Olympic sport etc.

Mm I don't think it was planned ahead of time or why would she not come home not even for Christmas?...also she didn't end up making GW's not that it matters much since the team she was put on was converted a few weeks later to a senior 5 worlds team and then a few weeks after team placements came out she said she was going to Cali.

Also Ifs very hard to get a visa as a high school student. When Xavier went to Cali he came home within the 6 months and went back and had trouble because he had no visa because I'm pretty sure other than being a student there's no visa to specifically go to the U.S. for a sport like cheerleading since it's not an Olympic sport etc.

I don't know if not coming home for Christmas necessarily means she didn't plan things ahead of time. When I went away to college I didn't come home for Christmas my first year because of my job and the distance/cost. I live thirteen hours away (driving) from my hometown.

But I'm sure you know more than I do, I was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt! :)
(And I admittedly know pretty much nothing about the way Visas work for the United States since it's not been relevant to me.)

Are we talking about an athlete going from great whites to smoed/coed... Sigh I guess I'll never understand why kids go from one worlds winning program to another unless they are there for outside reasons and decide to tryout......

Are we talking about an athlete going from great whites to smoed/coed... Sigh I guess I'll never understand why kids go from one worlds winning program to another unless they are there for outside reasons and decide to tryout......

Yes, she went from GW's to coed (Orange bow'd team) well technically. She didn't actually compete with GWs for like 6 months of the season 13-14 season or at worlds and then at tryouts for the 14-15 season she didn't make GW but made the senior 5 team that was announced as a worlds team a few weeks after teams were announced. I'm not sure if she had planned the Cali thing before tryouts or after but maybe mid summer? Or a month after or so she was dropping hints of leaving and then announced she was going to Cali LB's and then was moved to coed. Her and another girl from Vancouver all stars both went to Cali to be on lady bullets but dunno if the other girl moved over to coed as well.

Coincidentally she posted on Twitter that she was coming back home to canada for a month or something. Not sure if she had a visa or not but I'm pretty sure she didn't though ..hoping she doesn't have problems going back to Cali when she's done visiting.

I dunno ..I get going for a year to get "an experience" with great coaches and a great gym etc. but as someone who has cheered and coached for cheer sport I know it's a gym that some people go for "an experience" so it's just a bit confusing. My mom would not let me move to another country without her at that age and certainly not for 2 years!

I wanted to move back to the U.S. and looked into visas last year and without a professional job on the NAFTA list, going back to school, having an immediate family member sponsor you, or being on a professional sports team there aren't many options in ways of getting a visa to move. There are some programs in which you can get a work visa through canada to go to diff countries but you have to be a young adult I believe 19+. You can get a job to sponsor you as well but it's terribly complicated and expensive [emoji15] ...I ended up giving up!

Somewhat off topic I'm like 99% sure Black Ops are the team with orange bows?
Lol that's the name! I can never remember! I knew they were a coed team with orange bows that's why I stated they had orange ones since I knew people would know who I'm talking about haha

You're right. The girl from Ice Queens went to Black Ops, while a boy from Black Ice went to Coed. No idea if he stayed there the whole season or if he's still there.

Set phasers to 'love me'!
So both girls went to Black Ops he one from VAS ice queens and the girl I know from Cheer sport.

Yes, she went from GW's to coed (Orange bow'd team) well technically. She didn't actually compete with GWs for like 6 months of the season 13-14 season or at worlds and then at tryouts for the 14-15 season she didn't make GW but made the senior 5 team that was announced as a worlds team a few weeks after teams were announced. I'm not sure if she had planned the Cali thing before tryouts or after but maybe mid summer? Or a month after or so she was dropping hints of leaving and then announced she was going to Cali LB's and then was moved to coed. Her and another girl from Vancouver all stars both went to Cali to be on lady bullets but dunno if the other girl moved over to coed as well.

Coincidentally she posted on Twitter that she was coming back home to canada for a month or something. Not sure if she had a visa or not but I'm pretty sure she didn't though ..hoping she doesn't have problems going back to Cali when she's done visiting.

I dunno ..I get going for a year to get "an experience" with great coaches and a great gym etc. but as someone who has cheered and coached for cheer sport I know it's a gym that some people go for "an experience" so it's just a bit confusing. My mom would not let me move to another country without her at that age and certainly not for 2 years!

I wanted to move back to the U.S. and looked into visas last year and without a professional job on the NAFTA list, going back to school, having an immediate family member sponsor you, or being on a professional sports team there aren't many options in ways of getting a visa to move. There are some programs in which you can get a work visa through canada to go to diff countries but you have to be a young adult I believe 19+. You can get a job to sponsor you as well but it's terribly complicated and expensive [emoji15] ...I ended up giving up!
how do you "know for a fact" she hasn't been home since last August? Just curious. I can speak to her "not competing with GW for 6 months" because that's false. the only 2 competitions she didn't compete with them was worlds and Nationals (which was right after worlds). she was competing with them right up until worlds. why are we even talking about her. especially with so much false information lol

So if I understand right...FCA mum is getting mad on Twitter because her #totalpackage Suzie didn't make the Daimonds because coaches said she is to heavy for the bases? Am I the only one who don't believe her? I dobut her coaches would say that she is probably just mad because her Suzie is not really #totalpackage like she think she is or mummy just forgot to tell Suzie to SQUIZE

You're right. The girl from Ice Queens went to Black Ops, while a boy from Black Ice went to Coed. No idea if he stayed there the whole season or if he's still there.

Set phasers to 'love me'!
Are you talking about Lexey? Based on what I have heard, she is doing her last year of high school in california, which means that you just need to attain an F category visa.

544938_786197901449246_1681256803354383187_n.jpg

and Lachlan?

10256801_10151999543116415_7981598087398893398_n.jpg

So if I understand right...FCA mum is getting mad on Twitter because her #totalpackage Suzie didn't make the Daimonds because coaches said she is to heavy for the bases? Am I the only one who don't believe her? I dobut her coaches would say that she is probably just mad because her Suzie is not really #totalpackage like she think she is or mummy just forgot to tell Suzie to SQUIZE
It is possible they did say something like that. If you have 6 flyers trying out for only 4 spots and the only difference between all the girls is size doesn't it make sense to go with the smaller flyers? In that case it would be easy to assume they are calling the kids fat or overweight when they really are not. Thy are just bigger than they other 4 kids.

**And we thought Fierce Board brought out the crazies**

how do you "know for a fact" she hasn't been home since last August? Just curious. I can speak to her "not competing with GW for 6 months" because that's false. the only 2 competitions she didn't compete with them was worlds and Nationals (which was right after worlds). she was competing with them right up until worlds. why are we even talking about her. especially with so much false information lol

Lol I'm because I know her? Not well I might add but I have her on social media so she tweets all the time and has said she hasn't been home. At Christmas her mom went to the states and she was with family in the U.S...according to her Twitter. And I have girls who I coached on GW and she was out because of injury pretty early on in the season and then didn't compete most of the season....And I was physically at some of these competitions where I saw her not competing. I'm not talking bad about her either. I think she's a great athlete. I brought her up because she's an athlete that has travelled to be on another worlds team and it was relevant to the conversation. No need to get worked up about it lol

Based on mom's social media reaction, chances are it has nothing to do with the child's size.

Back