All-Star Summit Bid Declarations 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Power Allstars just announced there was a processing error at GSSA and that their J2 got an at large Summit bid. This would be the bid that was originally awarded to J2 crew. Not sure if they added another bid, or if Cali reverts back to their wildcard.

ETA: on a side note, this comp was using this year’s new tie breaker rule... both J2 crew and Power had the same score.

I'm wondering if they revert back to the wildcard...?
Please help me remember what the tie breaker rule is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tie breaker: 1st they will look at who had least deductions day 2. If that’s the same then it goes to highest performance score on day 2.

Am I reading it wrong? The only guarantee that I see for youth is wildcard bids. I see that each level will be awarded bids, but it is still hard for youth to outscore junior and senior teams.

Hard but not impossible, we are a youth team that received a paid bid.

Congrats on your bid. In reference to the question you answered, yourh teams do not have to outscore the junior/senior teams to receive them. Comps with three paid bids award them to highest score in each age division.

Paid bids are handed out the same way WildCard bids are (highest scoring youth team). Generally 2 day comps have more attendee's than WC events HOWEVER, for my youth team I feel that a paid bid will be our best/only shot at getting a Summit bid this year.

Congrats on your paid!

Back