Summit Bid J5 Question...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

7814a48ca9cc6fc8cb6061b7895e7bd0.jpg

Says only junior and senior... Does this mean they can only get paid bids as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7814a48ca9cc6fc8cb6061b7895e7bd0.jpg

Says only junior and senior... Does this mean they can only get paid bids as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also confused as to whether this only applies to Jr and Sr. Does this mean, if you accept a Wild Card bid, you are no longer eligible for an at-large bid? So hypothetically speaking, team #1 WOULD be awarded an at-large, but it gets passed down to team #2 because team #1 already accepted a Wild Card bid. So team#1 will have to compete in the preliminary round while team #2 does not. I know most teams don't sign up for a Wild Card bid if they think they can get a paid or AL, but the teams that do should be able to pass down or forfeit Wild Cards.

I am also confused as to whether this only applies to Jr and Sr. Does this mean, if you accept a Wild Card bid, you are no longer eligible for an at-large bid? So hypothetically speaking, team #1 WOULD be awarded an at-large, but it gets passed down to team #2 because team #1 already accepted a Wild Card bid. So team#1 will have to compete in the preliminary round while team #2 does not. I know most teams don't sign up for a Wild Card bid if they think they can get a paid or AL, but the teams that do should be able to pass down or forfeit Wild Cards.

Correct for the at-large bids. I think with the amount of wild card bids, it would be too messy to keep track of handing those down if you upgrade to an at-large. As far as I know, most teams who are expecting to get an at-large bid are not accepting wild cards.

You can pre-decline Wild Cards, just like you can pre-decline Worlds at larges. If you take a Wild Card, you can still upgrade to a Paid, but not an at-large.

Correct for the at-large bids. I think with the amount of wild card bids, it would be too messy to keep track of handing those down if you upgrade to an at-large. As far as I know, most teams who are expecting to get an at-large bid are not accepting wild cards.

True! There are so many! They could just let teams forfeit the Wild Card and not pass it down. I wouldn't want CP's team to accept a wild card, even if they didn't expect to receive an at-large. Judging by how many WC's are in some divisions, that's a lot of travel and expense for a very, very small chance at moving on. But some parents are into it. To each their own.

True! There are so many! They could just let teams forfeit the Wild Card and not pass it down. I wouldn't want CP's team to accept a wild card, even if they didn't expect to receive an at-large. Judging by how many WC's are in some divisions, that's a lot of travel and expense for a very, very small chance at moving on. But some parents are into it. To each their own.
I think that's the risk you take and part of the draw of the "wild card" aspect. By pre-declining, you assure the WC actually goes to a team who would take and use it. Teams who maybe don't attend many two day events to have their shot at an at large or paid.

I agree with you, I personally wouldn't take a WC. But I can see the draw from a small gym perspective.

You can pre-decline Wild Cards, just like you can pre-decline Worlds at larges. If you take a Wild Card, you can still upgrade to a Paid, but not an at-large.

It was my impression that teams sign-up in advance to be considered for Wild Cards. So you had to say that you would "accept" the Wild Card (if awarded) before the competing. At least that is how it worked at the competitions we have been to that gave out Wild Cards.

Well, my cp's team accepted a WC. They are doing phenomenally well this season and most likely would have gotten an AL at one of the 2 day comps we are attending now. However, we are a small gym, our athletes want to go to the Summit so badly, and so we took the WC at our very 1st comp (that was a 1 day comp, they didn't even gave paid & AL bids there.) They received "grand champ" title at that comp, so it's not like all the "good" teams declined it and we were stuck w/sloppy seconds, lol! Now, our kids are pumped for trying to get a paid at each of our remaining comps. It's a long shot...but who knows? They have an amazing routine so anything is possible. And, of course, they will be busting their tails to try to win the prelims when they get there. Also, another benefit for our team accepting the early WC was that families could plan for this extra travel over a longer time period, plus the team is fundraising. If we won an AL in March we wouldn't have the luxury of time on our side. Just wanted to give the perspective of someone who accepted a WC. :)

Also, unless you make it to Sunday...Summit is a one day comp anyway, right? ;)

Edited bc this was mostly a brain fart. Lol

Last edited:
Back