All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I went ahead and updated it with all the info from my first post in this thread! I'll try to figure out this weekends bid winners as I get them and update my first post in this thread and the wiki
That is a lot of stalking. Hopefully everyone will work on it to make it easy

*Of course it is good advice, I'm Cheer Dad*

I've got a bid question. If a comp is giving 1 FP and 5 AL. Is it decided by Levels (1-5) or by division ( youth, jr, senior). My CP is a sr. 4.2 so does her team compete with all the senior teams or all level 4? My head hurts from all this!

I've got a bid question. If a comp is giving 1 FP and 5 AL. Is it decided by Levels (1-5) or by division ( youth, jr, senior). My CP is a sr. 4.2 so does her team compete with all the senior teams or all level 4? My head hurts from all this!

Everything I have read states that bids are awarded based on percent perfection. So if I had to guess, I would say the 1 paid would be the team with the highest percent perfection- regardless of level- unless they indicate otherwise. Usually the AL bids are awarded to the highest scoring team in each division. (Been trying to do research as well to see where CP and teams have best chance of winning and getting paid!)

So who got the bids in St. Louis this weekend? I couldn't find anything posted.

Terre haute jr 1 got the paid

Then it was grand champion per level (2nd in level 1)
Level 5- Memphis pride sr restricted coed 5
Level 4- ICE Passion large senior 4
Level 3- northern elite small senior 3
Level 2- platinum athletics small senior 2
Level 1- tumble cheer youth 1

After reading all of this I cannot understand why anyone would pay about $1000 pp to go to the Summit with a wildcard bid. It seems very expensive for a slight chance of competing at the real Summit event.
Great marketing makes people make foolish choices. It's no different from some teams spending $$$ to go to Worlds "for the experience".

This may be silly, but the recent comments made me think of something. I live very far from Florida. Some teams here travel to Orlando for UCA. Is that considered different than traveling to Worlds or The Summit? I mean, they're all "for the experience." I don't know, there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for competitions here. ANY travel comp could end up being as expensive as a Disney trip. Orlando is, from Seattle, a fairly inexpensive airline ticket (when I went, I paid $280 round trip per ticket), the hotels are pretty affordable compared to most places. Travel time stinks, but any "big" comp will take some time to get to.

This may be silly, but the recent comments made me think of something. I live very far from Florida. Some teams here travel to Orlando for UCA. Is that considered different than traveling to Worlds or The Summit? I mean, they're all "for the experience." I don't know, there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for competitions here. ANY travel comp could end up being as expensive as a Disney trip. Orlando is, from Seattle, a fairly inexpensive airline ticket (when I went, I paid $280 round trip per ticket), the hotels are pretty affordable compared to most places. Travel time stinks, but any "big" comp will take some time to get to.
I think it is the park passes that Disney tacks on to the price, especially because if you compete every day, you don't use them. We are traveling 5x this season and Worlds, (priced like Summit) for sure, will be the most expensive trip, although NCA will be a close 2nd.
Also, if you find a ticket from Seattle to Orlando for $280 you got a great price. We flew from Denver and it was $320 pp and I had over 4 months to find the cheapest fare.

This may be silly, but the recent comments made me think of something. I live very far from Florida. Some teams here travel to Orlando for UCA. Is that considered different than traveling to Worlds or The Summit? I mean, they're all "for the experience." to.
I only consider it different because you don't have to compete once you get there for the right to "really" compete, if that makes sense.

I think it is the park passes that Disney tacks on to the price, especially because if you compete every day, you don't use them. We are traveling 5x this season and Worlds, (priced like Summit) for sure, will be the most expensive trip, although NCA will be a close 2nd.
Also, if you find a ticket from Seattle to Orlando for $280 you got a great price. We flew from Denver and it was $320 pp and I had over 4 months to find the cheapest fare.

I don't know a lot about air travel, but some places are just cheaper to travel between. I literally just looked for 2 tickets for next Summit weekend from Seattle and saw $288 round trip on Delta. There are lots of places in between here and there that would be more, I suspect.

Eta: for UCA do you have to purchase Disney tickets?

Editing again! I just looked for tickets to Cheersport. That would cost me $460 (on Alaska) per ticket, round trip. Yikes.

I don't know a lot about air travel, but some places are just cheaper to travel between. I literally just looked for 2 tickets for next Summit weekend from Seattle and saw $288 round trip on Delta. There are lots of places in between here and there that would be more, I suspect.

Eta: for UCA do you have to purchase Disney tickets?

Editing again! I just looked for tickets to Cheersport. That would cost me $460 (on Alaska) per ticket, round trip. Yikes.
currently plane tickets to UCA are not cheap- UGH I keep holding out for a price drop. As for buying Disney tickets- your cp is required a ticket and you are not required to buy one for yourself....now with that being said there's always a chance your cp will compete at Hollywood Studios, and if you want to watch them you would be required to buy one for you :)

Back