All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well at the comp we went to

Last year their declaration said no level 1 or 2 can get a paid bid - only AL. My daughters j2 got a bid but not eligible for paid because of their declaration

This year they just said the top two teams will get a paid bid

And it went to our youth 2
And cheer athletics youth 1.

Not that these are upper level youth teams that yall are talking about but they are youth age teams out scoring juniors and seniors

I think the bids should always go to the top score no matter what.
If that means y3, y4, and y5 teams aren't outscoring junior/senior 3,4,&5s then they should not get the bids.

If only one y5 team or one y4 team gets a bid than that means they probably earned the summit title.

They should not pick and choose who gets the bids.. It should always be solely off score. If they wanted the same amount of people in the divisions and filled divisions that way when handing out bids then it would mean the better team isn't always given the bid.

It would kind of be like at worlds when the intl divisions limit the teams per country and teams from other countries with lesser scores make it through over better teams.
A yth 2 team got the paid bid at Northeast Knockout recently

Last year their declaration said no level 1 or 2 can get a paid bid - only AL. My daughters j2 got a bid but not eligible for paid because of their declaration

Not that these are upper level youth teams that yall are talking about but they are youth age teams out scoring juniors and seniors

If that means y3, y4, and y5 teams aren't outscoring junior/senior 3,4,&5s then they should not get the bids.

If only one y5 team or one y4 team gets a bid than that means they probably earned the summit title.

They should not pick and choose who gets the bids.. It should always be solely off score. If they wanted the same amount of people in the divisions and filled divisions that way when handing out bids then it would mean the better team isn't always given the bid.

It would kind of be like at worlds when the intl divisions limit the teams per country and teams from other countries with lesser scores make it through over better teams.

While I agree that the bids should be awarded based on top score, that doesn't necessarily always guarantee that the "top teams" will always get the bids. With scoring variations between judging panels, sometimes it's a crap shoot as to which teams get the higher scoring panels. And you can argue day and night that all panels should be judging consistently, but the fact remains that they don't. We have witnessed several examples of this throughout the seasons.

While I agree that the bids should be awarded based on top score, that doesn't necessarily always guarantee that the "top teams" will always get the bids. With scoring variations between judging panels, sometimes it's a crap shoot as to which teams get the higher scoring panels. And you can argue day and night that all panels should be judging consistently, but the fact remains that they don't. We have witnessed several examples of this throughout the seasons.
Yes that too. But I don't like the ideal of filling divisions or fixing it so more y3, y4, y5 teams can get in over the 37th j3 that has earned a bid. I know no one will ever be happy!

FWIW, when they announced the awards and didn't announce the j5 score I assumed yall got the paid bid, which would of bumped out our team that got the paid bid.

I especially assumed yall got paid when the r5 team was given the at large bid because I assumed you outscored them and since you didn't get at large you must be getting paid. None of the restricted teams looked amazing ... Including ours... So I don't feel yall should of scored lower than them. Especially when besides ca y1, stars y2 and j2, and ca j3 and sot open 4/s4 no one even scored in the 97s and their was a couple low 96s but the majority teams scored 95 and 94. I do not think yall were a "95" performance or whatever your score ended up being but the judges were hard! I do feel however that all placements were correct so they definitely got it right and their was something that could be said about those performances that got 97s! They were all amazing!

It was a great comp and is always one of my favorites ... Except the ft worth water and what kills me is the employees who work their say that it doesn't taste different than anywhere else. Jaylen said backstage her whole team spit out the water and day 2 didn't drink any lol.

Yes that too. But I don't like the ideal of filling divisions or fixing it so more y3, y4, y5 teams can get in over the 37th j3 that has earned a bid. I know no one will ever be happy!

FWIW, when they announced the awards and didn't announce the j5 score I assumed yall got the paid bid, which would of bumped out our team that got the paid bid.

I especially assumed yall got paid when the r5 team was given the at large bid because I assumed you outscored them and since you didn't get at large you must be getting paid. None of the restricted teams looked amazing ... Including ours... So I don't feel yall should of scored lower than them. Especially when besides ca y1, stars y2 and j2, and ca j3 and sot open 4/s4 no one even scored in the 97s and their was a couple low 96s but the majority teams scored 95 and 94. I do not think yall were a "95" performance or whatever your score ended up being but the judges were hard! I do feel however that all placements were correct so they definitely got it right and their was something that could be said about those performances that got 97s! They were all amazing!

It was a great comp and is always one of my favorites ... Except the ft worth water and what kills me is the employees who work their say that it doesn't taste different than anywhere else. Jaylen said backstage her whole team spit out the water and day 2 didn't drink any lol.

I don't like the idea of "filling divisions' either. I truly wish Summit to be the "best of the best".

I will admit that we were a bit confused when the Summit bids were announced. The J5 scores for Day 1 were the highest out of all the non-worlds L5's. In fact, all 3 J5 teams outscored all the Worlds teams on day 1, with the exception of SOT Royalty. SOT J5 had a 97.0 (97.25 raw) and Jags had a 96.85 (97.1 raw). On Day 2, Jags hit a much better performance with a ZERO deduction routine. So, we assumed that their final score might possibly go up (not down), but that was not the case. Last year, Jags raw score increased on day 2, even with a deduction. I haven't seen the final overall scores yet. I'm hoping ACA posts the results on their website today.

I don't like the idea of "filling divisions' either. I truly wish Summit to be the "best of the best".

I will admit that we were a bit confused when the Summit bids were announced. The J5 scores for Day 1 were the highest out of all the non-worlds L5's. In fact, all 3 J5 teams outscored all the Worlds teams on day 1, with the exception of SOT Royalty. SOT J5 had a 97.0 (97.25 raw) and Jags had a 96.85 (97.1 raw). On Day 2, Jags hit a much better performance with a ZERO deduction routine. So, we assumed that their final score might possibly go up (not down), but that was not the case. Last year, Jags raw score increased on day 2, even with a deduction. I haven't seen the final overall scores yet. I'm hoping ACA posts the results on their website today.

I definitely dont want them to "fill divisions" either. Last year, Summit was a good competition in the Y5 level (we wanted another shot at Twinkles, but they never accepted a bid, so we have to wait until this year ;)), and we loved it. Want to see it packed again, with even more teams. But if you say what SOH said, then it doesn't matter if Youth Elite hit 100% perfection, they could not beat out a J5 or SrR5 team that did not hit as well. Not saying that happened, because I have not seen all the scores.... but we did hit a dang near perfect Sunday routine, and did not stand a chance of getting that paid bid. That is disheartening to the team, because when it is SO hard to find comps against other Y5 teams, you are often only left with shooting for that bid. I am interested to see Varsity update that bid page after this weekend and see if more Youth teams got in.

I agree with you.... I think it is very important for the bids to go to the high scoring teams. However, I also think the EP's should all have the same declaration. Out CP's Y3 team holds the one and only bid so far (AL bid). It was awarded at American Grand in Las Vegas. The 2 paid bids were given to the 2 highest scoring teams. Our CP's team was 2/10ths of a point out of 2nd.

I understand the frustrations, but stay positive, because there are more opportunities between now and The Summit. We are now hunting down a Paid bid. Not to mention her LJ2 team wants a bid and my other CP on a SY1 wants one too!

They actually stated:

Summit Bid Declaration
ACA Nationals
The process for awarding bids is as follows:

2 Paid Bids: 2 highest scoring Level Champions (out of Summit eligible divisions)
*In the event that either of the highest scoring Level Champions already has a Paid Bid, ACA will pass
down the Paid Bid to the next highest scoring Level Champions.

5 At-Large Bids: 1 At-Large Bid per level to the highest scoring National Champion in each level.
*In the event that any of these teams already has an At-Large bid, ACA will pass down the At-Large bid(s) to
the next overall highest scoring National Champion within that level

They messed up a lot of the bids at this comp. Awarding at large bids to 2nd place teams and to teams who had Wild Card bids...I hope they make it right.

They actually stated:

Summit Bid Declaration
ACA Nationals
The process for awarding bids is as follows:

2 Paid Bids: 2 highest scoring Level Champions (out of Summit eligible divisions)
*In the event that either of the highest scoring Level Champions already has a Paid Bid, ACA will pass
down the Paid Bid to the next highest scoring Level Champions.

5 At-Large Bids: 1 At-Large Bid per level to the highest scoring National Champion in each level.
*In the event that any of these teams already has an At-Large bid, ACA will pass down the At-Large bid(s) to
the next overall highest scoring National Champion within that level

They messed up a lot of the bids at this comp. Awarding at large bids to 2nd place teams and to teams who had Wild Card bids...I hope they make it right.
Wow it certainly does say that!!

CP is on a Y4 team and we knew two weeks ago that SOH was not giving any paid Summit bids to Youth teams. We knew we were only eligible for an at large.
Either our coaches missed that note, or the parents weren't told. Maybe it was motivation to work as hard as possible? I can tell you the parents did not know until we went to warm ups. Either way... it is not really WHEN we were told that is as irritating as the policy itself. Just open it up to highest scoring winners. (Percent perfection or total score).

Speaking of SOH.. do they publish score sheets, or just give them to coaches? I would love to see how both of CP's teams scored.

Either our coaches missed that note, or the parents weren't told. Maybe it was motivation to work as hard as possible? I can tell you the parents did not know until we went to warm ups. Either way... it is not really WHEN we were told that is as irritating as the policy itself. Just open it up to highest scoring winners. (Percent perfection or total score).

Speaking of SOH.. do they publish score sheets, or just give them to coaches? I would love to see how both of CP's teams scored.
Your coaches should have them if not posted! They should be able to show you the score sheet so you can see how they did!

I have a question (and i don't think this is the right thread), but how much is it for each athlete if you go to summit on a wild card bid?

I have a question (and i don't think this is the right thread), but how much is it for each athlete if you go to summit on a wild card bid?
Around 275? for competition and park pass, plus housing and flight/driving. And of course food. The difference in WC u have to do prelims, unlike AL so u have to perform Xtra day, which means Xtra night there possibly.

Last edited:

No they knew ahead of time. They met with us and discussed the possibility of not taking this team to SOH and taking them to NCA instead. We eventually decided to take them to SOH regardless because we didn't want Cheersport to be their first competition. That was over two weeks ago.

ETA I do agree that the restriction on what age division can earn a paid bid is malarkey.

Back