All-Star Summit Day 1 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WOW so many zero deduction routines and only 1 point total out of 20 teams is so impressive! Worlds teams take note!
It's so nice to see so many routines hitting down there. The athletes have got to be excited about ending their seasons that way. I think it is a little "presumptive" to bring Worlds teams into this though. You cannot compare divisions/judging/events. Worlds doesn't even have a "grand champion" because of the different panels of judging and how different the scores are between the divisions.

WOW so many zero deduction routines and only 1 point total out of 20 teams is so impressive! Worlds teams take note!
I knew I was going to see this post come up. Yes, teams are hitting which is fantastic. Keep in mind Worlds is level 5 and level 6 - you can't put a higher level athlete on a team at Worlds. I would say the fact that so many teams are hitting may be a testament to the fact that higher level athletes are on lower level teams just as much if not more than the fact that level appropriate teams are hitting, and I personally don't see that as a positive.

I knew I was going to see this post come up. Yes, teams are hitting which is fantastic. Keep in mind Worlds is level 5 and level 6 - you can't put a higher level athlete on a team at Worlds. I would say the fact that so many teams are hitting may be a testament to the fact that higher level athletes are on lower level teams just as much if not more than the fact that level appropriate teams are hitting, and I personally don't see that as a positive.
Not only that....but at Worlds 0's were often lost to under rotated tumbling... Imagine if points were being docked for piked layouts, cowboyed tucks and lack of pointed toes/straight legs on walkovers...

Does anyone know if they have videos from yesterday on the website (like they did for worlds)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just like to say how proud I am of my senior 1 team. We won wildcard even with a pretty rough routine, and we hit in semi-finals. We got 9th, and top 8 move on. Hard to know we're so close, but this team was incredible. I was just brought in as a fill in and I do have higher level tumbling but these girls joined our gym with absolutely no tumbling and now they're throwing gorgeous back walkovers. Although we would've liked to have made finals, I think this team accomplished a lot especially considering the majority have never cheered before and that we are a first year program. It has been an amazing experience for us. One of my coaches has decided that they need to make "wild card winner" shirts, btw. See you next year summit, maybe next year I'll make Finals!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Monarchs hit zero but didn't make it out of the wild card round. They hit their routine the best they had all season. It was beautiful! Great way to end their season. We wish they'd advanced, but we're still so proud of the season they had. .3 away from NCA jackets, and .01 away at UCA is nothing to sneeze at! Nobody is aging off of that team, so maybe next season will be their year!

Why were the small youth 1 results listed as teams who advanced and then the rest were in alphabetical order?

All of the Blue list are ABC order, the list from the links are by ranking. As mentioned they also perform reverse order.

http://varsity.com/uploads/events/eventid_1932/files/L1_SmallYouth.pdf

Small Youth 1 - Semi-Finals Results
Advanced 1 Cheer Athletics - KittyKatz
Advanced 2 Devilray All Stars
Advanced 3 Thunder Elite Cheer
Advanced 4 Top Gun All Stars
Advanced 5 Bay State All Stars
Advanced 6 Future Extreme
Advanced 7 North Central Athletics
Advanced 8 Atlanta Jayhawks
Advanced 8 Cheerletics Royalty
Advanced 10 Stars Vipers

So someone PM and tell me who didn't go to the youth 3 reveal.

Sorry Small J3 is one of the most competitive divisions at the Summit. There were at least 5 teams we see all year that hit consistently with zero deductions that did not crack the top 10. Sometimes teams are just that good. My daughters team got their bid in December the same 17 girls who won the bid competed at Summit. They made it to day 2.

Back