All-Star Summit Day 1 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry Small J3 is one of the most competitive divisions at the Summit. There were at least 5 teams we see all year that hit consistently with zero deductions that did not crack the top 10. Sometimes teams are just that good. My daughters team got their bid in December the same 17 girls who won the bid competed at Summit. They made it to day 2.
One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.

It was awkward.....
Awkward and very disappointing to see that type of sportsmanship. I understand it was late, we all were there, but to feel as if you didn't have to be there was over the top. Does it give them an advantage because they got an extra 2 hours of sleep?

Reactions: MZ3
There were 3 teams in the wildcard round for LS4. Only 2 went to the reveal. Not sure if they went to the wrong tent or not...some schedules said one, then the announcement said another. I was surprised not to see all the teams there.

71b9b08e0e91e8caaefeff8b10719a65.jpg

Some girls from the Japanese team stopped our girls for a photo, then gave them little gifts. It was so sweet!

It was discussed in Summit Performance Order

Summit Performance Order | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

@CheerDad18 : " Did a little research on my own and found this website;
【大会結果】3月29日(日) All Star Nationals 2015 Junior/Senior/Open | チアらんど
Translated the web page and it was the March 29 (Sun) All Star Nationals 2015 Junior / Senior / Open in Japan.

The two level 3 teams that are competing were recommended for the Summit by the EP; There were Worlds Recommendations also.

【大会結果】3月29日(日) All Star Nationals 2015 Junior/Senior/Open | チアらんど

The team we will be competing against won a level 3 large event and will be competing level 3 small."

Just read through that thread

The German Team won a Bid at the European Open or Spring Open i think, it's a competition held by varsity in paris and they hand out bids to the summit and UCA AllStar Nationals. So they did not just show up there , they actually won a Bid. We do have real Bid competitions over here too haha , Summit Bids have only just started last year from what i know. Worlds Bids have been around longer

If a team is in a smaller division where they know they will advance, shouldn't they be required to attend the reveal and not just skip out on it? The reveal was already postponed, but then they stalled for another 30 minutes with Taylor Swift songs until they found out the team had left.

Disrespectful in my opinion to the other teams that were on the stage.

It was EXTREMELY disrespectful!! Especially since these were Youth teams. (If we are talking about the same reveal)

Reactions: MZ3
CP's team was in small J3 and missed moving on by 1/10th of a point, but people who want to ditch Disney as a venue, she was upset last night, but today enjoying life pretty good at the parks. It's a decent consolation prize. Interested to see how Japan turns out in the small J3 division. Very friendly team, too.

Great team we competed against you at Cheersport too.

I knew I was going to see this post come up. Yes, teams are hitting which is fantastic. Keep in mind Worlds is level 5 and level 6 - you can't put a higher level athlete on a team at Worlds. I would say the fact that so many teams are hitting may be a testament to the fact that higher level athletes are on lower level teams just as much if not more than the fact that level appropriate teams are hitting, and I personally don't see that as a positive.

:shimmy:

I feel like a broken record so I didn't want to be the one to point that out. Glad teams are hitting, really. But only if they have level-appropriate kids on the team. You hit at Summit and you are a true level team, major props to you! :cheering:

I knew I was going to see this post come up. Yes, teams are hitting which is fantastic. Keep in mind Worlds is level 5 and level 6 - you can't put a higher level athlete on a team at Worlds. I would say the fact that so many teams are hitting may be a testament to the fact that higher level athletes are on lower level teams just as much if not more than the fact that level appropriate teams are hitting, and I personally don't see that as a positive.

Ding ding!

It's easy to hit when your Senior 1 includes 5 kids from Junior 5, 4 from Senior 3, and 2 from a Worlds team.

Back