All-Star Summit International Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why would a team randomly decide to go "international" at certain comps? I'm assuming to get an easier bid to summit, but it seems strange.

And this is why they should make the gyms declare their divisions for the SEASON. I also think that it would force gyms to be realistic about the skill they actually have instead of trying to make for example a perfected level 2 team with 2 or 3 athletes that can through tucks into a level 3 team. Just play the top of the level 2 score sheet and dominate Level 2 what's wrong with that. JS

But you have to compete with the IASG age grid to get an international bid right? A lot of small gyms probably aren't able to create teams with the more restricted age grid of IASf. At least for this year. (personally I'd like USASF to adopt the IASF age grid, even though we are at a small gym and it would affect us)

For this season, USASF did not adopt the international ages for the provisional divisions. They are regular USASF defined ages per age bracket (I have 2 international Summit bid teams)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this season, USASF did not adopt the international ages for the provisional divisions. They are regular USASF defined ages per age bracket (I have 2 international Summit bid teams)

I totally missed this when I read the FAQ's on the Varsity page. I'm so glad I read this because it could change our decision. Thanks!

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense to me. Per the FAQ

I totally missed this when I read the FAQ's on the Varsity page. I'm so glad I read this because it could change our decision. Thanks!

You’re welcome! Just remember they also compete on a different score sheet too.

What was your rationale for going international?

What was your rationale for going international?

This is our 5th year attending Summit as a program. But this year we did things very different. We have only 7 total cross overs in the gym (to ease burnout). Our teams are built for the level, but quite honestly Summit has become where teams are leveled down (Level 4 is Level 3 at Summit) in my opinion. Coming from a smaller program, International Summit gave our new to Level athletes to still have the opportunity to earn a bid to Summit while working through the level. We only have 2 teams size eligible for International (16-24 athletes) and both of those teams only had one International Bid event on their schedule (WSF). They both obtained bids there.

The parents love the international aspect and it’s actually pretty appealing to be able to go down Wednesday, compete Thursday-Friday and then either go home or have actual time at the parks to use their passes. We have even started a pen pal sister team relationship with another J3 team from Canada, and they will meet up at Summit.

This is our 5th year attending Summit as a program. But this year we did things very different. We have only 7 total cross overs in the gym (to ease burnout). Our teams are built for the level, but quite honestly Summit has become where teams are leveled down (Level 4 is Level 3 at Summit) in my opinion. Coming from a smaller program, International Summit gave our new to Level athletes to still have the opportunity to earn a bid to Summit while working through the level. We only have 2 teams size eligible for International (16-24 athletes) and both of those teams only had one International Bid event on their schedule (WSF). They both obtained bids there.

The parents love the international aspect and it’s actually pretty appealing to be able to go down Wednesday, compete Thursday-Friday and then either go home or have actual time at the parks to use their passes. We have even started a pen pal sister team relationship with another J3 team from Canada, and they will meet up at Summit.

That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing that- it makes a lot of sense!

Oh absolutely no worries! I think my remaining question is I’m not seeing any difference for Sr ages between Intl & Regular Division. Is it simply a team must have 16-24 kids? Can they perform with say 12? Thanks!! I love the idea getting to compete in 2 different divisions. The trip to Orlando is so expensive, might as well get your moneys worth. I’d guess they’ll tighten that up for 2018-19.

Back