All-Star Superstitions

• Thread starter Deleted member 11300
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have lucky purple. It's not one of my favourite colours but a piece of purple clothing randomly turns up right before a big comp without fail. I went to worlds without my best friend and partner (stunt base) for the first time and when I got to Disney he had sent a pair of white socks with purple bottoms with a team mom so I would get my lucky purple the day before semis. I may have cried a lil ;)

A few of of my teammates and I have to drink those Starbucks mocha frappe things they sell at grocery stores in the glass thing (idk what the actual name is) I've done it every competition day for 3 years and the one day I was running late I couldn't drink it I busted my tumbling and sprained my ankle... Probably just a coincidence but I like to believe it was b/c I didn't have my Starbucks, so my mom makes sure I always get my mocha frappe before competing ;) I'm a bit of a diva you could say

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

ok I have a lot of them and some are crazy so be prepared:

1. when we were in high school, my captain and I stole a garden gnome (don't ask) from a friends garden (we replaced it so don't worry) anyway we painted it our high school colours and took it to our first away competition and we all kissed it and we did fairly well. It broke on the way to the next away competition but we all ended up kissing it before we went on again. we rocked the floor and we came 1st. so from then on people said that when we broke it it released the luck so from until today every cheerleader at my high school has kissed the gnome.

2. when i cheered allstar, our coach would give us a "pre-game" talk like we were football players. she would have us take a knee and would give a vince lombardi-esque speech which would always start off with "men, we got a job to do..." ( we were an all-girl team)

3. while we were waiting to go on, we would stand in a circle and do a kiss circle (all kiss each others cheeks) and then the oldest member of our team would do a forward roll and then our coach would sprinkle us with magical and imaginary sparkle dust.

4. always have a bad warm up in order to get the nerves out

1. I always have to bring my stuffed leopard to competition.
2. I have to sleep in the same pjs the night before a comp or for 2 days
3. I always hug the same coach right before I go out on the mat.
4. Before I compete when I've just gotten to my spot I have to close my eyes, take two deep breaths, tell myself I've got this and then I open my eyes, clean and smile.

Sounds weird but my stunt group and have matching underwear that we wear at comps. It worked last season. The only stunt group on my team to have no bobbles or falls at comps lol. I myself always keep a quarter in my bra. Yes, a quarter. 2 years ago at NCA after my team hit the most perfect routine ever, i found a quarter in my bra and Ive always had a good luck quarte since. And I never compete with out a caramel frappucino at starbucks.

Sounds weird but my stunt group and I have matching underwear that we wear at comps. It worked last season. The only stunt group on my team to have no bobbles or falls at comps lol. I myself always keep a quarter in my bra. Yes, a quarter. 2 years ago at NCA after my team hit the most perfect routine ever, i found a quarter in my bra and Ive always had a good luck quarte since. And I never compete with out a caramel frappucino at starbucks.

My lucky gray Nike Pros are my superstition. I try to wear them to practice as frequent as possible. I almost never get new skills without them. I got my roundoff tuck, roundoff back handspring, and side aerial, all in my lucky shorts.

Not really a superstition but for The Summit, cp's coach gave the team feathers to weave in their sneakers since the team was called Thunderbirds :)

Then at American Open Championships, a 2 day comp - the coach sprayed them with glitter day one and they found out they were in 1st place going into day two so all the parents begged the coach to please do the glitter again the exact same. They ended up winning, getting a Summit bid (just missing the paid bid) and being the money winner lol....

But my cps alone do not have any superstitions....me, with watching my favorite sports teams, now thats a different story lol.....I had to get up and LEAVE an NBA finals game one time (per my ex) when they were losing because last time we left early in the playoffs they came back to win. Sigh.

My team always has to say two Our Fathers, one Hail Mary and pray to Our Lady of Victory before we compete.

I have to wear lucky underwear and wear a pink sock on my left foot.

Also my mom has to wear blue. She has a theory that we do better when we wear blue. (It's true)

My mom would yell "you got this girls" when we got on the floor at every competition even though she knew I couldn't hear her I knew she said it

And me and my best friend had a dance we would do back stage before we went on

My flyer and I have been together stunting for three years. Our first competition we were both nervous about our stunt hitting and I gave her this really long pep talk about how much I loved her and I wasn't gonna let her fall. She didn't fall at that competition so I have said it at every competition since! She knows when it's coming right before we go on and she knows what I'm going to say. It's worked for 2 years now!

Not really a superstition but more of a precaution; I ALWAYS had to tie and check every single one of my flyers laces to make sure they were double knotted and the loops in them weren't too big.

My first competition, everything was going great, we were just getting to the last and final stunt before pyramid I go to put my flyer in the air and as I was trying to get a better grip on her ankle/foot the loop of her laces went around my hand and got stuck. i tried to get my hand out but one can only donao much in a small amount of time so i ripped my hand out from under her(stupid idea) causing the stunt to fall and lucky me ended up with a shoe bracelet.

Back