All-Star Superstitions

• Thread starter Deleted member 11300
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of my minis went to see Justin Bieber a few days before our first competition and brought a hat she'd gotten at the concert to our last practice before competition. The girl I coached with wore it during their full outs that day and they hit perfectly so it was our good luck charm! There was more than one time where her mom had to chase us down to give us the hat before warm ups.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have 2 do these "twirls". It's where I just fling myself in the air and twirl around. My teammates are like "leave her alone she's doing her twirls". Now I do it before every competition. Going on 5th year

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Fantasy has to eat Cheerios. They always take Cheerios into warm ups and they have to eat two right before they go on for good luck.

I have to eat coco pebbles. I must eat coco pebbles and a banana right before I go into warm ups.
I also have a lucky pair of mismatched socks, which I won my first nationals with. That also includes lucky compression shorts for day 1 and day 2.

Other teams always stare at me because every one on my teams have done "good luck belly rub," it comes from when I used to be fat and they used to pat my belly for good luck.

And every time I run onto the floor, I have do a white girl booty shake before I take my place in the left corner of the stage. Please don't judge me.

Fantasy has to eat Cheerios. They always take Cheerios into warm ups and they have to eat two right before they go on for good luck.

I have to eat coco pebbles. I must eat coco pebbles and a banana right before I go into warm ups.
I also have a lucky pair of mismatched socks, which I won my first nationals with. That also includes lucky compression shorts for day 1 and day 2.

Other teams always stare at me because every one on my teams have done "good luck belly rub," it comes from when I used to be fat and they used to pat my belly for good luck.

And every time I run onto the floor, I have do a white girl booty shake before I take my place in the left corner of the stage. Please don't judge me.
care to share what team you're on? ;) any videos of this on youtube? hahah i need to see this..

my team had a really big superstition with splitting poles. at worlds if someone did we made them go all the way back around and re do it. it got to the point where we would be screaming DONT SPLIT THE POLE before we even got close to it.

US TOO! we seriously got mad at you if you split the pole.

alright.. cant resist anymore.. stupid question what the heck does splitting the pole mean

Everyone has to walk on the same side of the pole. If someone walks on the opposite side, they've split the pole, and it's bad luck.

alright.. cant resist anymore.. stupid question what the heck does splitting the pole mean
I think it's when you're walking with people and some people go one side of a pole (like a signpost or something), and some go the other. I may have that completely wrong though haha

Everyone has to walk on the same side of the pole. If someone walks on the opposite side, they've split the pole, and it's bad luck.
thats what i thought ive just never heard of that being bad luck! learn something new everyday. thanks :)

my coach also always had to get the same nail color everytime when she got her nails done. and it was also good luck if she didn't wash her hair LOL.

My gym is very superstitious like if we walk around something we say don't split the pole which means everyone has to awl on the same side of the object :D

Back