OT Sweet 16 Average Budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You all are so humble and not focused on material things. I love it and want to applaud you all for that.

I could do that but it would be four to six months before or after my birthday and I know this sounds selfish but it wont feel like its mine. I also would pay for $8,000 of it plus my spending money.
Remember my financial situation is different than yours bit if you're paying for most of it I don't think that is being selfish.

**Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!**

They thought i was crazy when i suggested a week long vacation to Disney. It would total around $8,500 and I would work for almost all of it.
Would you be driving to Disney or flying? How many friends do you want to come or do you just want it to be a family celebration? Will you be paying all costs for friends if they come? We're a family of 6 and go to Disney World almost yearly, air fare and park tickets alone cost us almost five thousand. I love Disney, but it's not cheap. Just be sure that $8500 really will cover everything.

I didn't have a big party for my 16th birthday. My best friend came over, we went to Worlds of Fun (amusement park) and did some extra stuff there like rock climbing and this flying zip line type thing. It was fun and I had a great time. None of my friends really did anything big either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you be driving to Disney or flying? How many friends do you want to come or do you just want it to be a family celebration? Will you be paying all costs for friends if they come? We're a family of 6 and go to Disney World almost yearly, air fare and park tickets alone cost us almost five thousand. I love Disney, but it's not cheap. Just be sure that $8500 really will cover everything.
Driving as we live two hours away. It will be two friends plus family. I am still considering paying for friends. I thought i might be rude if o didn't.

How does a 15 year old save up $8,000 to pay for a sweet 16? I need to know so I can share with my CP's. Most jobs in our area are for 16 and up and pay minimum wage.
It is all money I have saved up since I was twelve plus money from my job at a restaurant this past year.

@cheergirl2000, I really been talking to my daughter(now 12 y.o.) about her doing something different then the traditional Sweet 16 banquet hall shindig. I really like the idea of a theme beach party and hire both a band and a DJ for about 4/5 hours... This should cost considerably less than 8K and possibly, rent a cabana(in the Poconos) for an overnight sleepover and amusement/water park for some of the girls...I am estimating this party should cost between 3k-5k...
PS: This party will be plan for August, when it is hot and the cost will be less, if paid in advance...

I didn't have a party for my Sweet 16. I went with my mom, cousin, aunt, and sisters (duh) to this big mall by and we stayed the night and then just went shopping the next day. I had birthday money and my mom bought stuff for us while we were there too. It was a really fun time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My oldest chose to invite 3 friends and we did a week cruise. Drove to the boat so no airfare needed. We used it as a family trip and she got a 7 day celebration. She said it was way better than 5 hours of a party. Now it's my youngest turn she is also choosing a cruise but wants it more port intensive and out of Puerto Rico so just family this time. She gets to pick the excursions! Memories being made over money being spent.

Back