OT Taking Vitamins To Boost Your Immune System?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
hey ya'll. so i do my best to get all my vitamins and what not. drink plenty of OJ,eat a balanced diet, get enough sleep (well, maybe not this one lol) , all that jazz haha but I have the immune system of a baby, I am ALWAYS sick. Just wondering if any of you take vitamins to help out your immune system, and what out there actually works? Next time I go in to the doctor we're going to talk to her about it, but I figured ya'll could give me some input :)

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

hahaha I love you Chrissy! I definitely know what you mean...I actually used to take Flinstones.. Now I have upgraded to Gummy Bear Vites :p I love them and I actually look forward to taking my vitamins everday! If you want a fun vitamin I would probably recommend Lil Critters (gummy vites) which contains Immune C plus zinc--that's what you need to look for!

edited to add: I found a picture! gummybears

Ugh I'm the same! If I feel a cold coming on I roughly chop a clove of garlic and swallow it down with a massive glass of juice for a day or two. Makes you smell a bit but I swear it works. I also get the flu immunisation every year.

What about taking Airborne (sp?) I think it's supposed to boost your immune system.

What about taking Airborne (sp?) I think it's supposed to boost your immune system.

I can't do it. I gag at the sight of it. I just can't force myself to take it.
I just didn't know with all the hype of that acai stuff and what not. I figured going back to gummies is probably my best bet :)

I can't do it. I gag at the sight of it. I just can't force myself to take it.
I just didn't know with all the hype of that acai stuff and what not. I figured going back to gummies is probably my best bet :)

My cp was always coming down with something before every comp at the beginning of the season and was able to stay healthy after I started her on gummies, so hopefully that will work!
Make sure you wash your hands, too ;)

My cp was always coming down with something before every comp at the beginning of the season and was able to stay healthy after I started her on gummies, so hopefully that will work!
Make sure you wash your hands, too ;)

haha thanks mom! i'm actually one of the biggest germaphobe.... i have a travel size hand sanitizer in seriously every bag there's any chance of me using.

haha thanks mom! i'm actually one of the biggest germaphobe.... i have a travel size hand sanitizer in seriously every bag there's any chance of me using.

I've heard that some germs are now mutating because of the prevalence of hand sanitizer use. Maybe your use of hand sanitizer has actually caused a lack of resistance to these mutated bacteria/viruses and you're now suseptible to those... Interesting theory, anyway.
So, go on and be dirty!

I've heard that some germs are now mutating because of the prevalence of hand sanitizer use. Maybe your use of hand sanitizer has actually caused a lack of resistance to these mutated bacteria/viruses and you're now suseptible to those... Interesting theory, anyway.
So, go on and be dirty!

hahahaha. i don't think a mom has ever told me that before. probably because my idea of a good time as a child was to swim in the lake and play in the mud...

*Random! :)

i feel as if this jinxed me! :(
yesterday was reading thing and was all big headed saying oh i dont get sick i cant even reply cause a strong immune system runs in my family! . . . . :| i go sick this morning :oops:

I have been taking One a day Teen advantage, but i can't swallow those things anymore, they KILL me!! But I am the worst about getting strep and my asthma is terrible in the winter (i get asthma attacks from the wheather changing too much, and i live in Texas which doesn't help) i am usually at the doctors office about 10 times for strep, but my brother is the same way! I might try taking gummy vitamins so i will actually take them :p

I have been taking One a day Teen advantage, but i can't swallow those things anymore, they KILL me!! But I am the worst about getting strep and my asthma is terrible in the winter (i get asthma attacks from the wheather changing too much, and i live in Texas which doesn't help) i am usually at the doctors office about 10 times for strep, but my brother is the same way! I might try taking gummy vitamins so i will actually take them :p
SOO BIG! I like choked on them all the time so I had to stop taking them.

Back