All-Star Tattoos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
A lot of kids have been getting tattoos at my school lately and I was curious as to how coaches/gym owners felt about this. Say its tryouts and a fantastic level 5 athlete walks in but has 1 or multiple visible tattoos, would you still take them? Or what if one of your current athletes got one? Or do you just not care at all? I ask because I don't think i've ever seen a cheerleader with a visible tattoo (excluding open teams).

I've seen plenty. Personally I don't like them with crop top uniforms. It's one of my pet peeves. But If I was a gym owner/coach I'd never deny an athlete for this reason. One of the gyms I used to be at, if you had visible tattoos they'd ask you to put cover up on them. Which I believe is totally reasonable.

I don't really care for All Star. For school cheer I don't want them showing. Most tattoos will be covered by a uniform, and if they aren't covered, there is heavy duty makeup that can cover them up.

It's (cheer)illegal in Sweden, so you have to cover it up. Couldn't care less though, I like tattoos and i think if you deny someone for a tattoo, you might as well deny someone cus they're blonde or something like that.

i love tattoos!!! im getting one soon and if it isnt provocative then let them have it i guess if its huge then cover it up

I don't think you should be allowed to show them. At my age I have only seen one person who has gotten a nice tattoo that has been in a visible spot. I don't mind an ankle or a wrist, but if it's lower back, shoulder, or stomach (yes I said stomach) then cover it up.

I thought the tattoo age is 18 in the states? So we're talkin' mostly late seniors..I say cover 'em up. HATE how they look on the mat. I do like them on SOME people though, one of the guys on my open team had a beautiful koi on his calf. And my friend who's half-japanese has this gorgeous peacock that cascades down the side of her body. Some I'm not too fond of/look really awful. There's some website that shows pictures of ridiculous tattoos people have gotten...Ick.

I'm just wondering... how do you cover it up so it doesn't rub off on your bases uniforms if you're a flyer?

If you don't allow kids to wear earrings/piercings then why would you allow Tattoos?

piercings are taken out because of the risk of them getting caught on something and being ripped out. jewelry, in general, is because it could catch and potentially hurt someone. tattoos are inked into your skin and will not create a potential injury. and you can tell someone to cover them up, but the only other option you would have is to say "you can't get one." you can't really tell someone they can't get one...especially if they are over 18. that would be silly to tell someone they can't cheer because they have one.

We have a cheerleader who has a tribute tattoo to her father that passed away. Some people get inked to memorialize something very special and very meaningful; others just for fun. I agree with @tuckxandxtwist - you shouldn't tell someone they can't cheer because they have one.

I thought the tattoo age is 18 in the states? So we're talkin' mostly late seniors..I say cover 'em up. HATE how they look on the mat. I do like them on SOME people though, one of the guys on my open team had a beautiful koi on his calf. And my friend who's half-japanese has this gorgeous peacock that cascades down the side of her body. Some I'm not too fond of/look really awful. There's some website that shows pictures of ridiculous tattoos people have gotten...Ick.
In michigan you can get one starting at 16 with parent consent.

Back