All-Star Tattoos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

kristenthegreat said:
I thought the tattoo age is 18 in the states? So we're talkin' mostly late seniors..

They started popping up around sophomore year of high school when I was in school. That was '03 so I can imagine it's younger now.

Love tattoos if they are done well. My daughter has 3. 2 are tribute tattoos to her grandparents (my parents). She has a gerber daisy on the back of her neck (My mom's name was Daisy) and the word "love" in German on her wrist (for my dad who was of german decent). She has beautiful angel wings on her lower back. I got her that when she was 16 for her birthday. If you met her, you would think she is the last person to get a tattoo. Very All-American looking with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyhow she covers it up when she is working for NCA as an instructor and also for Rush Week for her sorority.

I want one so bad, but I would need to be knocked out I'm such a baby.

I'm just wondering... how do you cover it up so it doesn't rub off on your bases uniforms if you're a flyer?

They make makeup just for tattoos. Also if you use a good foundation and setting powder then you should be good.

Personally they don't bother me just because I have tattoos myself. If they are super noticable then sure put a little coverup on them and go, but if the bottom is sticking out a little bit but you can't tell from from the judges table then I don't see the big deal at all.

I would actually rather see a tattoo then some of the boys hairstyles that I have seen (or color). I saw a boy who's hair was the same blue as his uniform and as long as some of their girls on his team (no pony tail). That was way more distracting then a tattoo would have been.

I thought the tattoo age is 18 in the states? So we're talkin' mostly late seniors..I say cover 'em up. HATE how they look on the mat. I do like them on SOME people though, one of the guys on my open team had a beautiful koi on his calf. And my friend who's half-japanese has this gorgeous peacock that cascades down the side of her body. Some I'm not too fond of/look really awful. There's some website that shows pictures of ridiculous tattoos people have gotten...Ick.
As far as the kid's in my grade they were 15 or so but they got them done by family members. Plus none of the tattoos are ridiculous. They're bible verses, tributes to family ect.

But i was just very curious of how people felt about this. I agree about covering them. I believe they should be able to get them if they want just cover them when it comes to competition.

personally I dont ever want to cover up the tattoo I'm going to be getting (it's in memory of my friend who passed away due to osteocarcoma in september) so I'm waiting until the monday after my very last competition. I turn dont turn 18 until a few weeks before the season ends anyways.

My tattoo is going to be in a place easily hidden for work anyways so I don't have to worry about a it showing in a cheer uniform..

Im 18 and the week I get over my mental block with twisting is when I am letting myself get a tattoo.. A cheer related on of course.

High School in NY it's illegal to show them during competitions and I don't mind them as long as the kids cover them. I have tons myself and even when I compete for Level 6 some competitions they make us cover them but some you don't. Pretty much the rule for most competitions is if it's a Video broadcasted event they def HAVE to be covered. Some competitions like you to have them covered just because they want you too.

We have a girl with the trashiest tattoos ever. Of course we wouldn't turn her away, and we won't make her cover them up. Does anyone think theyre cute? No.

Im getting my first one on my wrist, so that way its easily covered up. I plan on getting another on my foot, but that one wont be done until after the season is over since you cant wear normal shoes for awhile.

Be careful with a wrist tattoo, those may be easy to cover up with a long sleeve shirt or even a big bracelet but there still semi noticeable when you go to shake someone's hand. Not trying to turn you away from one, but I personally think its a tricker spot to hide them. And for the foot, its about a day, and then your pretty much fine to wear normal shoes. I have one, and it was fine after a day or 2.

I have seen them at competitions where they are visibile in uniform. I am not against tattoos, it's a personal decision, but I think for competition it should be covered up while in uniform. Just like the rules about not having on colored nail polish, etc. I think if a gym has a rule about covering up tattoos then the girls must comply to be on that team. Apparently, this is not the rule at all gyms because you still see girls with tattoos at competitions.

I saw a cheerleader at a comp once backstage who's friend was vigorously covering her tattoo with makeup. It was the coolest tattoo I've ever seen, it had footprints going around the phrase "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

Sorry, I know I didnt offer any view point, but Im an HP nerd and FREAKED when I saw a cheerleader with that tattoo:))
Im sure someone on here can relate.

I saw a cheerleader at a comp once backstage who's friend was vigorously covering her tattoo with makeup. It was the coolest tattoo I've ever seen, it had footprints going around the phrase "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

Sorry, I know I didnt offer any view point, but Im an HP nerd and FREAKED when I saw a cheerleader with that tattoo:))
That's awesome omg Such a good idea!!

I love that HP tattoo! So cool!

My friend has a set of paw prints going up her left wrist and we're never quite sure whether we're allowed to show tattoos at competitions here or not so the first year after she got it she just wrapped a bandage around her wrist. Last year though she covered each paw print up with a tiny little band-aid. The funny thing was that she went for a spray tan after she'd done that so when she took the band-aid's off after competition she had little patches of pale skin all around her tattoo. It was so funny.

OMG!!!! I want THAT tattoo!!!!!

Back