OT Taylor Swifts New Song !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
No Taylor Swift song belongs on a country station. She is a total disgrace to the country music genre, passing her rubbish off as country music. I can't even stand to listen to the radio anymore. It's not just her, but a load of other so-called "artists" with fake southern accents and lame lyrics passing themselves off as Country as well. Nobody has any talent anymore, it's all about looks and sex appeal, and all anyone cares about is money. Country music used to come from the heart in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I could listen to that all day long (and I do, from my iPod and the 1200+ songs on it). Nowadays, it's changed so much, and not for the better. In fact, so much that I can't stand today's so-called "country" music when compared to the country music my parents listened to growing up.

I don't mean to offend anyone who listens to today's music, but it's just not my style.

:confused:

:cookie:

I love Taylor, and I love the beat of the song, but I don't like the words. She's kind of old to be singing 'We are never ever ever getting back together!'. It just seems like a Disney song.

I love Taylor, and I love the beat of the song, but I don't like the words. She's kind of old to be singing 'We are never ever ever getting back together!'. It just seems like a Disney song.

WAIT! This is the song? Thats her? I heard that song on the radio yesterday (twice in 1 hour) and both times I changed the station and was like "what is this crap and why do they keep giving these random people record deals"

WAIT! This is the song? Thats her? I heard that song on the radio yesterday (twice in 1 hour) and both times I changed the station and was like "what is this crap and why do they keep giving these random people record deals"
That would be Taylor Swift, the CMA Entertainer Of The Year unfortunetly :/

That would be Taylor Swift, the CMA Entertainer Of The Year unfortunetly :/

Its garbage. I don't like country or this pop country genre...whatever....but I could stomach a few of her songs...and the Fearless CD was good.... But I literally thought that song came from the next radio flop and the label would immediately drop them...

but no... radio and people are going to try to make this song happen.

I can't speak for most of the un-talented artists on the radio nowadays, but I would like to share a little-known fact about Taylor Swift.

The ONLY reason she's successful is because of her looks. That's about all. In fact, she wouldn't be known at all if it wasn't for her filthy-rich father giving some record company $3 million and asking them to make his daughter a star. I'm not kidding. They spent 3 months auto-tuning her voice in the studio, then they gave her a record contract.

Think about this: If she was 50 pounds heavier, had short brown hair, and wore glasses, do you think for one minute that she would be as popular as she is today? People would be saying "Taylor, Who??"

I can't speak for most of the un-talented artists on the radio nowadays, but I would like to share a little-known fact about Taylor Swift.

The ONLY reason she's successful is because of her looks. That's about all. In fact, she wouldn't be known at all if it wasn't for her filthy-rich father giving some record company $3 million and asking them to make his daughter a star. I'm not kidding. They spent 3 months auto-tuning her voice in the studio, then they gave her a record contract.

Think about this: If she was 50 pounds heavier, had short brown hair, and wore glasses, do you think for one minute that she would be as popular as she is today? People would be saying "Taylor, Who??"
Actually my neighbor's uncle discovered her singing in some local bar/restaurant and thought she was very talented!

thats what most people are saying , i agree

Whilst I agree, I think the idea of releasing this song is to get it on the radio, I dont think I've ever heard a Taylor Swift song played on the major stations here in the UK

you must be her best friend if you know all this "real" info about her.

....that's not how she was discovered though.
99% of taylor fans, myself included are teenage girls who love what she has to say, and can relate. So I'm betting that most teenage girls don't care what she looks like. Ive seen her in concert twice, and she is anything but autotuned or lipsynched.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When I listen to someone's song I don't think about how they look to be honest. I listen to the content of the song and the musical composition of it. I don't care what someone looks like as long as they sing. I think you opinions of the world are extremely off and you seem to be very sheltered. I don't know where you got that information but obviously it isn't true. And if you hate her so much why do you care where she started? Are you jealous of her looks that you're bashing her so much for them? You really just confuse me.

When I listen to someone's song I don't think about how they look to be honest. I listen to the content of the song and the musical composition of it. I don't care what someone looks like as long as they sing. I think you opinions of the world are extremely off and you seem to be very sheltered. I don't know where you got that information but obviously it isn't true. And if you hate her so much why do you care where she started? Are you jealous of her looks that you're bashing her so much for them? You really just confuse me.
took the words right out of my mouth

Let me explain myself here: I realize that none of us were around back in the 80's when country music was country, and when you actually needed REAL talent to get a recording contract, when the music came from the heart, and when it didn't matter what you looked like. Now take a good look at the music industry today. With all the computers and newfangled equipment they have nowadays, ANYONE can be made to sound "good" on a recording. They can turn a lousy singer into a marketable product. This is what the music industry is after today. They go for young people, mostly young women and teen girls who would be considered "hot looking", because that's what the mainstream public wants. All of my favorite country artists were in their 30's, 40's, and 50's at the time when they were recording all of my favorite songs (back in the 80's). Today, there are very few recording artists that old. But they all wrote meaningful songs and sung about real-life experiences -- not some spoiled, immature, sheltered teenybopper writing lame songs about boys not liking her, getting revenge on boys who dump her, and all that other garbage that would appeal to middle-school girls. She's 22 going on 13.

By the way, I am not jealous of her looks, because it's all fake. Without all the makeup they put on her, I think she looks awful, to be honest.

And since none of us were around in the 80's, we have nothing to compare the music to that we call "country" today, because hardly any of us have ever heard real country music or know what it is or is supposed to sound like.

So I'm not just bashing Taylor Swift, I'm mainly bashing the music industry today. It really makes me sick to think about what has become of it. It's all about money and greed anymore. Many of the so-called "artists" today are getting paid more in a year than many of the artists 30 years ago made in their entire careers. And that is really a shame.

Back