OT Taylor Swifts New Song !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Let me explain myself here: I realize that none of us were around back in the 80's when country music was country, and when you actually needed REAL talent to get a recording contract, when the music came from the heart, and when it didn't matter what you looked like. Now take a good look at the music industry today. With all the computers and newfangled equipment they have nowadays, ANYONE can be made to sound "good" on a recording. They can turn a lousy singer into a marketable product. This is what the music industry is after today. They go for young people, mostly young women and teen girls who would be considered "hot looking", because that's what the mainstream public wants. All of my favorite country artists were in their 30's, 40's, and 50's at the time when they were recording all of my favorite songs (back in the 80's). Today, there are very few recording artists that old. But they all wrote meaningful songs and sung about real-life experiences -- not some spoiled, immature, sheltered teenybopper writing lame songs about boys not liking her, getting revenge on boys who dump her, and all that other garbage that would appeal to middle-school girls. She's 22 going on 13.

By the way, I am not jealous of her looks, because it's all fake. Without all the makeup they put on her, I think she looks awful, to be honest.

And since none of us were around in the 80's, we have nothing to compare the music to that we call "country" today, because hardly any of us have ever heard real country music or know what it is or is supposed to sound like.

So I'm not just bashing Taylor Swift, I'm mainly bashing the music industry today. It really makes me sick to think about what has become of it. It's all about money and greed anymore. Many of the so-called "artists" today are getting paid more in a year than many of the artists 30 years ago made in their entire careers. And that is really a shame.
Ok so if it's all autotuned then why has she sold out so many tours - where she is singing live, therefore not autotuned?!
Also I think you're stuck in a time wharp....times a changing!

Ok so if it's all autotuned then why has she sold out so many tours - where she is singing live, therefore not autotuned?!
Also I think you're stuck in a time wharp....times a changing!

Probably because the teens who go to these concerts can't tell the difference or don't care. I've heard a lot of people (both online AND offline) say that she sounds horrible live, and she sounded horrible at the music awards shows. If most teens like the music, they will go to the concert regardless. Or maybe because of her (fake) looks. Who knows!?

And yes, times are changing, and not for the better either.

Probably because the teens who go to these concerts can't tell the difference or don't care. I've heard a lot of people (both online AND offline) say that she sounds horrible live, and she sounded horrible at the music awards shows. If most teens like the music, they will go to the concert regardless. Or maybe because of her (fake) looks. Who knows!?

And yes, times are changing, and not for the better either.

Your so hateful or jealous!
Or probably both. Why do you care so much? If you don't like her song then move on, and find someone else to degrade or put down.

Let me explain myself here: I realize that none of us were around back in the 80's ...

...And since none of us were around in the 80's, we have nothing to compare the music to that we call "country" today, because hardly any of us have ever heard real country music or know what it is or is supposed to sound like.

You'd be surprised. There are a lot of people on this board who were around in the 80s. This is not just a board populated by teenage cheerleaders. Lots of moms and dads, coaches, gym owners, school principals, lawyers, nurses, at least one doctor, business owners and even a police officer!

You'd be surprised. There are a lot of people on this board who were around in the 80s. This is not just a board populated by teenage cheerleaders. Lots of moms and dads, coaches, gym owners, school principals, lawyers, nurses, at least one doctor, business owners and even a police officer!

Hey, that's awesome! Are any of them familiar with 70's and 80's country music? Maybe I could start a conversation about it with them. I know most people my age have no clue about it.

Hey, that's awesome! Are any of them familiar with 70's and 80's country music? Maybe I could start a conversation about it with them. I know most people my age have no clue about it.

I do love the Judd's albums. That is the kind of music I grew up on. Oompapa mow mow and all that jazz.

ACEDAD we were both wrong. It's Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys. Man I loved that song.

Hmmmm. Gee, thanks cupieqt I'm so glad you pointed me in the direction of this thread. -__-

Here's what I have to say:
1. I am still going through what I refer to as "the longest breakup in the history of breakups" - at this point I do believe it's longer than the actual relationship (or each of them as the case may be, since we've tried about 12 times over the last 24 years). So I like the song - it fits perfectly with how silly and ridiculous I think my life is right now. It makes me laugh, which is not something I've done a lot of over the last year. It's cute and silly, and I don't think it was intended to be some kind of epic, forever remembered anthem or anything. (And I'm no Taylor Swift fan, trust me. I guess there's always something for everyone though)

2. I was waaaaaaay alive in the 80s (as a matter of fact that's when the aforementioned original breakup started for the first time).

3. There is a way to voice your opinion without being so Judgy McJudgerson about it. You can say your opinion without saying/implying that people that don't share it are inferior to you.

4. Lastly...I leave you with this, as I must return to celebrating my birthday (go me!) with my children in my "non cheer" life:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Let me explain myself here: I realize that none of us were around back in the 80's when country music was country, and when you actually needed REAL talent to get a recording contract, when the music came from the heart, and when it didn't matter what you looked like. Now take a good look at the music industry today. With all the computers and newfangled equipment they have nowadays, ANYONE can be made to sound "good" on a recording. They can turn a lousy singer into a marketable product. This is what the music industry is after today. They go for young people, mostly young women and teen girls who would be considered "hot looking", because that's what the mainstream public wants. All of my favorite country artists were in their 30's, 40's, and 50's at the time when they were recording all of my favorite songs (back in the 80's). Today, there are very few recording artists that old. But they all wrote meaningful songs and sung about real-life experiences -- not some spoiled, immature, sheltered teenybopper writing lame songs about boys not liking her, getting revenge on boys who dump her, and all that other garbage that would appeal to middle-school girls. She's 22 going on 13.

By the way, I am not jealous of her looks, because it's all fake. Without all the makeup they put on her, I think she looks awful, to be honest.

And since none of us were around in the 80's, we have nothing to compare the music to that we call "country" today, because hardly any of us have ever heard real country music or know what it is or is supposed to sound like.

So I'm not just bashing Taylor Swift, I'm mainly bashing the music industry today. It really makes me sick to think about what has become of it. It's all about money and greed anymore. Many of the so-called "artists" today are getting paid more in a year than many of the artists 30 years ago made in their entire careers. And that is really a shame.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you just need to relax. You honestly may not realize it, but the tone of most of your posts tend to be very defensive, and condescending. Most people on here are not going to bash you for posting about your opinions and beliefs, but this is only if you do it in a way that doesn't feel so offensive. This board is a great place, but if you keep acting like you do your not going to get a true experience.

I'm 18 and saw her last summer...and she was singing in the pouring twin. Not covered, standing by herself singing in the rain. It'd be pretty hard to fake your voice like that..

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back