All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Now, take my post with a grain of salt as I'm not with that gym. But others can back me up as there was a giant thread on here that blew up, with the owner confirming at least one IAG member crossed to the junior 2. It was definitely a junior 2, not senior.

Last edited:
Lol there were level 5 worlds girls on a junior 2 for NCA...lol I mean I know some people really want to win NCA as its a HUGE accomplishment but really? lol wow

That thread was brought back up somewhat recently, not to discuss that situation but it was a general thread. Its something like best Level 2 Teams, if people never heard about that. There were two teams doing this discussed IIRC the other one may have been the season before, ridiculous in my opinion.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I truly think CEA is a great program and if CP was given the opportunity to practice once a week and be on more than one team, I am sure I would be all in and CP would, too, but CP's team just won Summit Y3 this past season. CEA's Y5 won Summit, too. I know worlds athletes can only compete five to a Summit team but can GP be completely made up of YE and the kids basically get two rings? (Which they have to earn, not a given.) Just curious. Mine ages out of youth for this season and not every gym has the opportunity to offer more than one strong competitive youth team, so a little unique to a gym that is able to field so many youth teams, too. I think as has been pointed out, you just need to be on a team that is that good anyway and don't worry about what everyone else is doing, but. . . And, also, I saw on IG not too long ago where a few teams from some of the CEA locations were being geared more towards Summit teams. Maybe YE is not one of them. I don't remember. I do remember a Y3 was because my CP was currently on a Y3. If this was next year and my CP was still on Y3 and she was going against a bunch of level 5 youth, I might feel a tad salty for her true Y3 team. Not against the rules, and, again, I am positive we would jump at the chance if CP had same opportunities. Maybe I'm just jealous!! :D

I truly think CEA is a great program and if CP was given the opportunity to practice once a week and be on more than one team, I am sure I would be all in and CP would, too, but CP's team just won Summit Y3 this past season. CEA's Y5 won Summit, too. I know worlds athletes can only compete five to a Summit team but can GP be completely made up of YE and the kids basically get two rings? (Which they have to earn, not a given.) Just curious. Mine ages out of youth for this season and not every gym has the opportunity to offer more than one strong competitive youth team, so a little unique to a gym that is able to field so many youth teams, too. I think as has been pointed out, you just need to be on a team that is that good anyway and don't worry about what everyone else is doing, but. . . And, also, I saw on IG not too long ago where a few teams from some of the CEA locations were being geared more towards Summit teams. Maybe YE is not one of them. I don't remember. I do remember a Y3 was because my CP was currently on a Y3. If this was next year and my CP was still on Y3 and she was going against a bunch of level 5 youth, I might feel a tad salty for her true Y3 team. Not against the rules, and, again, I am positive we would jump at the chance if CP had same opportunities. Maybe I'm just jealous!! :D
I'm really hoping they consider eliminating crossovers from the Summit, or at least make it like NCA.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think teams being announced as "Summit geared" is for the purpose of the parents because traveling to UCA, Worlds and Summit isn't cheap. And it's something they have to be mentally and financially prepared for.

Having said that.....the teams still have to get a bid and we know Summit bids are WAY harder to get than Worlds bids are.

It was Rockstar "The Who". They were created specifically for NCA. Yes there were kids on that team from Killers. It was a half year team made up of anyone who wanted to go to NCA. It was comprised of kids of all levels. I believe the reason for Junior 2 was because it was easy to create a routine for that in a short amount of time. Competed at the NCA Atlanta, Cheersport and NCA. I believe they also won the Varsity year end comp that has now become the Summit.

I think teams being announced as "Summit geared" is for the purpose of the parents because traveling to UCA, Worlds and Summit isn't cheap. And it's something they have to be mentally and financially prepared for.

Having said that.....the teams still have to get a bid and we know Summit bids are WAY harder to get than Worlds bids are.
Right?! Go to a bid event...it's like throwing confetti "you get a bid and you and you, you, you and YOU" lol

I know worlds athletes can only compete five to a Summit team but can GP be completely made up of YE and the kids basically get two rings?
Yes, I know for a fact an entire team can compete in different levels at Summit. With the exception of the max 5 Worlds athletes, there are no other crossover rules.

Now, take my post with a grain of salt as I'm not with that gym. But others can back me up as there was a giant thread on here that blew up, with the owner confirming at least one IAG member crossed to the junior 2. It was definitely a junior 2, not senior.

ohhhhh i took your earlier post as a means for standing up for them and rationalizing the team make up. got it now.

ohhhhh i took your earlier post as a means for standing up for them and rationalizing the team make up. got it now.
OHHH no, no. I might have worded that weirdly. No I was meaning to contrast the two occurrences by providing a little more insight to the Rockstar situation. (which was worse to me)

Back