All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@megsmom @CEA_ATC I'm legit jealous your CPs are Glitter Penguins.

This situation is making me think of how one gym has a "1.5" team that's basically the varsity level one team...I'm sensing that's what Glitter Penguins is. It makes sense.

Girlllll you're preaching to the choir! I never sleep...at night. I can sleep much better during the day than I can at night. Usually I'm just wide awake as well and if I turn everything off I'm left staring at the ceiling like fml I'm bored. So, I try to read or watch tv to make myself tired and then fall asleep I sometimes don't sleep til 330-4 ish if at all but then can fall asleep during the day...I dunno I'm odd. Maybe I'm a vampire lol..my mom has been saying this since I was a kid because I also can't sleep with ANY light coming into my room it drives me bonkers.

Sorry yall for the off topic!

Think we are long lost twins - this is my exact situation! I just stare at the ceiling and look around my room and roll over and roll back then randomly pull heel stretches and bow and arrows until I eventually fall asleep around 2am/3am :(

@megsmom @CEA_ATC I'm legit jealous your CPs are Glitter Penguins.

This situation is making me think of how one gym has a "1.5" team that's basically the varsity level one team...I'm sensing that's what Glitter Penguins is. It makes sense.

Just so you know- @CEA_ATC and mine are the same CP. we just happened to both be on fierce board at the same time!

But I appreciate the open q&a where I didn't feel like I had to get defensive. Open communication is always the best!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just so you know- @CEA_ATC and mine are the same CP. we just happened to both be on fierce board at the same time!

But I appreciate the open q&a where I didn't feel like I had to get defensive. Open communication is always the best!

oh! my bad! well congrats!

Where did the name Glitter Penguins come from? You would think it would be call youth execl or something.

Where did the name Glitter Penguins come from? You would think it would be call youth execl or something.
I think coed excel's "name" is Purple Penguins, so they might be trying to keep a penguin theme going? Either way, I wouldn't mind being on either team.

I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up.

I was trying to compare both of your profile pics to see if the CP matched... And then you confirmed my thoughts. She's a cutie!

I can honestly say that I have never encountered anyone that crazy. The worst was a high school mom who insisted on her daughter practicing (4 hour pre-camp summer practice) with confirmed mono. Nope. Go home.

In her defense, I don't believe this mom had ever encountered mono before and was confused as to why she could not practice. Ma'am, it was probably all she could do to get out of bed today.
I feel bad because had I known, I woulda explained to the daughter she could just go on breaks and if it were an emergency then of course she could go, no problem, but she was so fearful of disobeying mom that she wet herself and just started balling and I was crying for her because the whole situation sucked. After that, if anyone had to go I was like please go and take your time.

@CEA_ATC @megsmom will there be an additional coach(es) for GP? Obviously the girls mentioned as coaches are very talented and have demonstrated leadership on SE, but I would be a bit wary of trusting a group of youthies with two 18 year old first time coaches

oh.. definitely being coached by two of our seasoned coaches, and the younger girls will be learning their coaching roles, too. it should be a fun year to be a penguin... and we will wear out the #GP

All of the above lol.
Most of the "pouty faces" from disappointed team placements come from the parents (sad but true), so there's the answer to that question as well (that yes the parents attend).

I've seen kids moved to another team bc of upset parents with regards to placements.

Ugggjj I hate it when kids get moved because "Mommy or Daddy" aren't happy what does it teach the kids, the parents, and everyone else in the gym - whine and yell and get your way.

Ugggjj I hate it when kids get moved because "Mommy or Daddy" aren't happy what does it teach the kids, the parents, and everyone else in the gym - whine and yell and get your way.

This. I can´t believe this is still happening at big gyms. I don´t think it´s okay at small gyms, but from the "business" side, i get it. Somehow. Maybe. Still not okay. And you open a door for everyone, who is also unhappy but would have accepted their placement.
Like, oh Susie is now on Youth Silver because mom, dad and grandma weren´t happy? I´ll call the coach, the gym owner and the local press now....

Putting it out there that one or two kids crossing down will not make a difference. Cross down 5+ and then you might be on to something.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Coming soon, Cheer Dad's gofundme retirement account. Stay tuned
Oh definitely I agree. But the OP did say "most kids cross to 5 or 6 teams" and that statement just made me so mad

Back