All-Star Team Communication At Senior Level?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I'm not unrealistic in expecting that parents should be in the loop, even at senior level?

The issue arose here because the girls were asked at one practice if they could attend the next. Of course they felt pressure to say yes. When I heard about the practice, I put my foot down, requiring my kid to go to the tumbling class I'd already paid for.

Any honestly, it's so early in the season, I didn't even know who her coach for this team was yet. Since CP was communicating with the owner, I thought she was the correct contact person.

Your not unrealistic at im on senior and open level and my mum likes to know whats going on as I have no insurance tp drive yet.

@Lazydaisytoo Not unrealistic, though I think at this point you can't really expect the staff to change their communication style because it got mucked up for you.

Email everyone, coach, owner, TM, etc., then send a text behind it saying "Hey, sent you an email! Please respond! Thanks!" Communicate in the email whatever potential conflicts you have with last-minute practices and explain that you've enrolled your CP in whatever and if a practice is scheduled, she might miss it. Also ask for clarification about the communication path. If CP needs to miss or is late, etc., who do you inform? What is the time frame in which they need to be informed?
At least by asking all this in a group email you might get a response which lets everyone involved know what the expectations are.

ETA: Oh, and don't go about it defensively, as in "Last week, Suzie got b****ed out about missing..." Don't re-hash the situation. They know what happened. Simply say "Just wanted to make sure our communication is up to par and we're doing what's necessary for the success of the team," - type fluff.

Both cp and I have had cell numbers for most if not all his coaches over the years. This one is no exception.

Please send money

lol i'm old. when i cheered it wasn't expected that everyone had a cell phone. you used your home line to call the front desk of the gym for communication. and the coach usually had a gym specific email. or even a gym specific cell phone # separate from their "regular" phone. i still know a coach or two who refuses to give it out/have had to get their # changed because of crazy suzy moms calling at 1am.. so this app is ideal for them.

lol i'm old. when i cheered it wasn't expected that everyone had a cell phone. you used your home line to call the front desk of the gym for communication. and the coach usually had a gym specific email. or even a gym specific cell phone # separate from their "regular" phone. i still know a coach or two who refuses to give it out/have had to get their # changed because of crazy suzy moms calling at 1am.. so this app is ideal for them.

1 am is the perfect time to get a response from our gym owner. 2 am is even better. We're night owl's like that. LMAO

Senior teams are technically still children, they are minors. Any and all communication should be given to the parents directly in a letter or email. Teenagers are particularly notorious for not relaying and remembering messages accurately. As a coach I take no chances, the parents get the info in a letter, followed up by an email and then a post on the FB group that most of them are members of.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Senior teams are technically still children, they are minors. Any and all communication should be given to the parents directly in a letter or email. Teenagers are particularly notorious for not relaying and remembering messages accurately. As a coach I take no chances, the parents get the info in a letter, followed up by an email and then a post on the FB group that most of them are members of.

Shimmying this one time is just not enough. Don't only tell my 13 year old. Please tell me as well.

Shimmying this one time is just not enough. Don't only tell my 13 year old. Please tell me as well.

Mine forgets what her coach said at the end of practice by the time she gets in the car. She's 15. All communication from the gym/coaches goes to the parents. Our team mom includes the older kids on her emails to parents.

Email but usually since seniors are old enough to remember and tell their parents it is told at practice

We have 2 FB pages, one closed for moms and dads and one anyone can join. Usually important stuff, practice times changed, fees due, competition info is posted on both plus an email from coaches. Fundraising stuff, bonding get togethers etc. we have a team mom for each one that emails everyone on that team.

I find it inconsiderate when coaches don't feel need to inform parents when they are the ones who need to drive their kids to practice and rearrange their schedules as well. Half the time if you only tell the team about a new practice/event (even if you tell them weeks in advance) they will neglect to tell parents until the day of. We always send a parent email in addition to a team group text so that everyone is on the same page. We also create schedules months in advance and try not to veer off the set schedule. If we do have to add in practices, previous commitments are honored as an excused absence. I don't think it's fair to assume the team will be able to drop everything and rearrange schedules last minute.

I am on a sr team and we have a secret Facebook page that only family members and the athlete can be on.
This. Email through iclasspro and send text messages to remind them to check it all. Triple hit everything and throw in a piece of paper occasionally for full communication saturation.

But even then I have parents that wouldn't get the memo even if I hand delivered it in a basket full of cookies. Some people just don't read.

We had emails sent to the parents (and kids if they wanted to be included), team Facebook and team group chat. Whenever we had new info it was communicated all three ways and there were never any issues

For our senior team (16 and over) i use a group chat where it's only the athletes.
My youth team (12-16 years) has a "no reply" chat where i post important informations and i have a group chat with the parents.
Only athletes is not working, sometimes even the adult athletes on senior team need more than one reminder ^^

Latest posts

Back