All-Star Team Logo Being Used..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If the logo is copyrighted then it is illegal but (i can't tell from the picture) there is a chance there are minor differences which would mean it is legal. If there is any differences then taking it to court could be a waste of money because the judge can rule in their favor since there are differences. That is how some people get around copyrighted imagines of college and pro logos.

If the logo is copyrighted then it is illegal but (i can't tell from the picture) there is a chance there are minor differences which would mean it is legal. If there is any differences then taking it to court could be a waste of money because the judge can rule in their favor since there are differences. That is how some people get around copyrighted imagines of college and pro logos.
the only difference i see is that it doesn't say all star cheer and dance or whatever that's on the original one

the only difference i see is that it doesn't say all star cheer and dance or whatever that's on the original one
It depends on what the company (gym) copyrighted. Colleges and Universities typically have a copyright sheet, which lists all of the different versions of their logo that are copyrighted, and the specific Pantone colors that are approved. Someone can use the logo in a color that is one shade off, and it's not copyright infringement. Sometimes companies will allow licensing of their logo, which means they are either paid a flat fee for use of the logo or are paid a percentage of profits made from the sale of products with their logos.
In this instance, if the gym only copyrighted the logo with the words "all star cheer and dance" included, then what Forever 21 is using is ok.
Legal? yes. Ethical? grey area.

I just wanna know where they saw that in the first place and decided 'Hey, we should put that on a shirt!'

I do remember wearing my volleyball sweatshirt to a theater practice one time (at an outside theater, not at my school) and some kid asked me where I got it...I was like 'Uhh..I'm on the team?' He thought it was from A&F or Hollister or something..

Side note: It's Forever18 here in Germany, that's so funny! Guess it's because we are legally of age when we reach 18 years.

It looks like the plain white t-shirt from their website that is $4.50. Someone must have bought it, screen printed on it, then returned it to Forever 21 as a prank or something. I don't think sent to the store like that. All of Forever 21 items are on their website, and Forever 21 is an international chain. They even have a huge Forever 21 in South Korea that I shop at.

Maybe it's the legal drinking age? I know that sounds crazy..also it's your senior year in college which is supposed to be 'the time of your life'.

So are we, but it's called Forever 21 here! (in the UK)

The 21 isn't refering to any "legal" age. It is refering to the concept of youth. Forever 18 and Forever 21 are not the same store. The worldwide store locator does not show any stores in Germany.

Was it just one shirt by itself or was there a whole rack of these shirts in all the various sizes? Maybe a picture of the entire rack of shirts needs to be taken.
Forever 21 doesn’t seem like a company I would want to go after unless I had proof they were guilty as they are currently going after a blogger for “trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition and dilution.” Since this shirt was found locally (not on their on-line store or any other locations), I say it’s a prank. In addition the USA Wildcat seems lower than what is normally on a graphic t-shirt. I still would lean to the side that someone did it outside the store, then returned it.

I do have to say however, I was in there recently and saw a lot of college gear which would have their logo's copyrighted as as well... maybe they got permission? ASK! I still don't understand though, people buy college gear because college's are extremely well known and popular... how many people would actually know what USA Wildcats are?

they could have bought the licensing rights to collegiate logos. a lot of places do that to make collegiate gear.

Back