All-Star Teammates Not Being Serious

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm 20 and I'm still obsessed! Finding it hard to accept that this is probably my last year cheering since I'm on a college team. Going to need to find a graduate job near an allstar gym!
You can always join an IOC 5 or Open 6 team thats what I did so I could continue lol

I'm 20 and I'm still obsessed! Finding it hard to accept that this is probably my last year cheering since I'm on a college team. Going to need to find a graduate job near an allstar gym!
I'm going on 22 and I'm so obsessed I stalk this place even though I don't cheer anymore haha..It's probably unhealthy :D

You can always join an IOC 5 or Open 6 team thats what I did so I could continue lol
I'm in the UK so there's not as many squads available to me. I just need to see where I end up with a job and see if I could still cheer on top of that.

I'm in the UK so there's not as many squads available to me. I just need to see where I end up with a job and see if I could still cheer on top of that.
Once you get settled its great opportunity to start your own!

That drives me crazy!!! This is probably my biggest pet peeve in the world of Allstar cheer! Why sign up? Why spend all that money? Almost every person knows what they are signing up for. It's no surprise. My cp hates missing practice for any reason. (I think she has only missed 3 or 4 in 6 years) You're not only hurting yourself, you are hurting your entire team! I say...if you have more than 3 unexcused absences you're off the team. At least then the coaches know what they have to work with.

The team I'm on is the same. People miss practices for no reason and when they are there they just moan and don't want to do things. I dont understand why they pay to go if they don't want to put in any effort when they are there.....then they wonder why we don't do well at competitions. I'd rather be on a team of 5 people who wanted to be there and work hard than a team of 25 where the majority didn't even try or taken it seriously.

my college team is lazy...and my coaches philosophy is "your grown adults, its up to you to decide how to practice"=major BS...but all of the controling lazy seniors are gone, and i took most control. basically if your teams not serious your not gunna be good or win, so bring it up, and if nothing changes, LEAVE. youll waste your time.

ugh the reason i quit cheer, i can admit i mess around on occasion but i always get my stuff done , but even when you tell the same people over and over and over and they still dont listen , theres a problem.

I'd rather be on a team of 5 people who wanted to be there and work hard than a team of 25 where the majority didn't even try or taken it seriously.

im in a similar situation, im 21 and coach our junior team but cheer on the senior (senior isnt capped in the uk you can be as old as you want). We had a couple of lazy people my age but they were in my stunt group so i made them work but there was one backspot from the group next to me who had the WORST attitude! came into cheer with a hangover, didnt want to stunt, wanted a different flyer, moaned every time she caught her flyer... well one day i'd had enough (i didnt necessarily mean to do this it just kind of happened) i turned and just plain out yelled at her that - she was lucky to be in our team, she was lucky her parents paid all her tuition, she has one of the hardest working flyers in our whole program!! Hangovers are no excuses because she chose to drink and she chose to go out clubbing, it should never be taken out on the team.... her reply to this was "if you keep this up i will just quit" ... my answer was the door is there don't let it hit you on the way out.
she was so shocked that i was happy for her to just leave that she actually sat in tears while i explained without her negativity the team would be a) happier and b) more productive. Well she is never said a word for the rest of that practice , we only had a couple of weeks left of the season and she didnt moan. BUT now she is back with a totally different attitude!
If you are a coach and have a bit of authority maybe try explaining exactly what their lazyness is doing to your team and if they are adults they SHOULD understand

I wis
im in a similar situation, im 21 and coach our junior team but cheer on the senior (senior isnt capped in the uk you can be as old as you want). We had a couple of lazy people my age but they were in my stunt group so i made them work but there was one backspot from the group next to me who had the WORST attitude! came into cheer with a hangover, didnt want to stunt, wanted a different flyer, moaned every time she caught her flyer... well one day i'd had enough (i didnt necessarily mean to do this it just kind of happened) i turned and just plain out yelled at her that - she was lucky to be in our team, she was lucky her parents paid all her tuition, she has one of the hardest working flyers in our whole program!! Hangovers are no excuses because she chose to drink and she chose to go out clubbing, it should never be taken out on the team.... her reply to this was "if you keep this up i will just quit" ... my answer was the door is there don't let it hit you on the way out.
she was so shocked that i was happy for her to just leave that she actually sat in tears while i explained without her negativity the team would be a) happier and b) more productive. Well she is never said a word for the rest of that practice , we only had a couple of weeks left of the season and she didnt moan. BUT now she is back with a totally different attitude!
If you are a coach and have a bit of authority maybe try explaining exactly what their lazyness is doing to your team and if they are adults they SHOULD understand
I wish that would work for me but our team is all adults so if someone gets in someones face majority of the time they will stick up for themselves or their friends will. Plus our gym is HUGE on no attitudes towards anyone. I think it would be different if it was just 1 person but its close to about 5 or 6 people. I'm hoping this coming season our coach/teammate will say something to them if they come to tryouts next month. Because if he doesn't and I still have to deal with their stunts falling at competitions and us only going to 3 competitions in 1 season because they decide to bail I'm going to freak out and leave this gym. I haven't yet because I love the gym to death and have been with it since the ground up and the owner I've known majority of my life. :/

Dealt with this all season last year. One girl just didn't care. We got to the point in the season where at practice if someone didn't throw something/fell then we'd have to start over, and omg, this girl I swear didn't throw her tumbling just because she wanted to see how mad she could make us. She was extremely talented. Like I'd give my two thumbs for her talent. But she put it all to waste because she said multiple times that she hated cheer and didn't care. The gym had to let her stay because she was an important role stunt-wise on three teams. She ended up quitting the day before our last competition. We all cheered silently. (and ended up winning nationwide.)

I help assist with the junior team, but it the 'favourites' on the senior team who are the ones that muck around, so when we have said to the coach it tends to get swept under the carpet. :( The oldest on our team is 41, she attends every practice and works even harder than those who are 20-30 years younger than her. If I lived nearer a different team I'd have left, but as I live too far to our nearest gym, and because I love cheer too much not to cheer I've stayed hear. Hopefully things will change next season as we are having tryouts and you have to pay for comps upfront/commit earlier so hopefully this will get rid of those who don't want to be there (or they'll be on a team together)

Back