All-Star Teammates "sabotaging" Eachother On Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp's first year, going into second day in first place, one of the flyers was mad about something, so at WARM-UPS, she tells her bases "well, maybe i'll just fall.". Sure, enough she did. She swore she didn't do it on purpose, but no one believed her. Moral of the story, never joke about intentionally screwing up. (karma can be a real witch)

This one girl on my high school cheer team always complained about being a base. She insisted that she fly. So during regionals she wouldn't base. At all so the stunts and her part of the pyramid didn't go up. If she wouldn't have been so mad and did her job they would have won regionals. I'm surprised that someone on the team didn't hurt her...

This one girl on my high school cheer team always complained about being a base. She insisted that she fly. So during regionals she wouldn't base. At all so the stunts and her part of the pyramid didn't go up. If she wouldn't have been so mad and did her job they would have won regionals. I'm surprised that someone on the team didn't hurt her...
i would have thats just rude to the rest of her team she shouldnt be holding a stupid grudge like that

My backspot for High school only wanted to be a backspot when she felt like it. She always dropped me in every school performance and at our regional competition. I tried to hold myself up, but our stunts weren't baby stunts, they were hard so I couldn't do much more than I did. I now have a fractured spine, a hernaited disk, and many jams in my back from falling on the gym floor. I was once one of the best tumblers in my gym, I can never go backwards now.

I would sue!

my freshman year on varsity at uca nationals 2 years ago two of my teammates got into a HUGE argument (almost fist fight)the night before prelims over a little prank the seniors play every year on the younger girls, both girls were in the same stunt group so every time their stunt went up it fell because they were just so mad. we didnt even make it to semi-finals when we had a great shot of being finalists. Everybody was so mad at them afterwards because of how immature they acted ruining it for all the other girls. :(

Yes!!! My flyer fell out of her stunt on purpose because "she didn't like our team" and she cost us winning a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Her parents felt she was too good to be on a J2 and that she "Carried" our S3. (She crossed over on both teams.) But the thing is she NEVER was constant with the S3 stunting, refused to throw her tuck, and was not tight with any motions throughout the routine!!! Wanna know how my coach/owner of the gym took care of it? .... She stripped her of her uniform, kicked her off both teams, banned her from the gym, and made her in a sports bra, shorts, and cheer sneaks. Serves that little girl right!

definitely has happened before. my base on my high school team hated me because I was related to the coach. (she was my cousin and I was NOT favored. she was actually tougher on me than any of the other girls.) Well my base and the coach got into a disagreement right before one of our "routines" between quarters. I was in an extension and to be spiteful, she took both of her hands off of my foot and just backed up to see what would happen. The backspot and other base did the best they could, and as a result my ribs were bruised for over a month (and one was fractured) from the backspot's knee going into them. I would never blame her though, since she was trying to SAVE me. not to mention i was falling onto a concrete track at the football field.

so no, it wasn't during a competition. however, at a football game, in front of all of your peers, it is embarrassing and so unsafe! The cheerleaders were not liked when I was in school and I always felt the other kids waited for someone to fall so they could make fun of us for days. So I had to endure being made fun of and a pretty severe injury.

ugh, girls :rolleyes:.

If I EVER found out someone on my team was intentionally doing things to make us look bad/hurt us I would totally go off on them. If someone is found doing that they should be kicked off for safety reasons and just because it's wrong. My mom and grandparents (plus other teammate's parents too) pay oodles of money that we sometimes don't have for me to do this and for someone to do that is ridiculous.

My backspot for High school only wanted to be a backspot when she felt like it. She always dropped me in every school performance and at our regional competition. I tried to hold myself up, but our stunts weren't baby stunts, they were hard so I couldn't do much more than I did. I now have a fractured spine, a hernaited disk, and many jams in my back from falling on the gym floor. I was once one of the best tumblers in my gym, I can never go backwards now.
That is absolutely TERRIBLE. I am so sorry. I don't understand how a backspot would EVER let their flyer fall.

Yes!!! My flyer fell out of her stunt on purpose because "she didn't like our team" and she cost us winning a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Her parents felt she was too good to be on a J2 and that she "Carried" our S3. (She crossed over on both teams.) But the thing is she NEVER was constant with the S3 stunting, refused to throw her tuck, and was not tight with any motions throughout the routine!!! Wanna know how my coach/owner of the gym took care of it? .... She stripped her of her uniform, kicked her off both teams, banned her from the gym, and made her in a sports bra, shorts, and cheer sneaks. Serves that little girl right!

I guess letting a little girl walk around a venue in her sports bra and shorts after being humiliated is a great self esteem builder. Some people need to think about their actions. We work with children!

Back